Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 11:14AM

Just recently, I returned to an annual charity event that I have attended for the past five years in a row. I go as a part of a public agency that helps the poor. With the exception of this year, it's always been the same. Multiple public agencies and a few churches show up to provide valuable services to the poor. With exception of the mormons, each church and agency gives out valuable goods and services to the poor. The event is held in a government-owned building. When it comes to the mormons, over twenty mormon missionaries always show up (I counted them, average twenty present all day throughout the day as various pairs come and go - so way more than twenty in total). This group of more than twenty missionaries is always led by an older couple (probably the mission president and his wife, I am guessing). They have a booth but they don't give away anything of value, and are just there looking for new converts. This army of Elders works the crowd and other booths, while the sisters work in a booth, flirting with the guys that come by, while they talk about temple marriage (big pictures of temples in the booth). But they don't give away anything of value as the other agencies and churches do.

Well this year, this army of mormon missionaries didn't show up to this annual event (yeah). I am hoping that my actions at this same event last year had something to do with it. If even one of the missionaries I spoke with then (about the throat-slashing pre-1990 temple ceremony) lost his or her testimony (ie: lie) and went home and/or told the mission president where they got that information, the Mission President could have put an end to their involvement in that annual event going forward. Possibly I had something to do with it. Either that or they were asked not to come back because they don't give away anything of value. Click the link below to see what happened last year.

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1966071,1966071#msg-1966071

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2018 11:20AM by azsteve.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.