Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CheapGrace ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 09:59AM

The human mind has no limit to possible threats. This survival response has drilled some pretty deep holes into my soul. For example, my worst thought last year was, what if Heavenly Father placed all Ex-Mo's into a blond's body in the next iteration?

Would this solve the problem of conversion, once and for all?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TMIHMQGyeM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: readwrite-LO ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 10:22AM

I dread locks... and keys... and bars... unless the drinks are cold and the people warm.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 11:23AM

The cult continues practicing its baptismal cult ritual for the deceased including ex-Mos and our families in perpetuity.

It is one of the ugliest and nastiest cult practices any cult can engage in on the face of the earth, short of human or animal sacrifice.

It has no right to rob people of their self-autonomy, right to self-direction including spiritual journeys for this life or the world to come.

It is bombastic and needs to stop. Regardless of how some don't care or take it seriously. It's offensive and absurd to the civil rights of others freedom of religion to be who we want to be.

Why should an ex-Mo have to resign to free themselves from a CULT? Only to know that in death they'll post-humously dunk us again in a cult ritual? It is beyond words to comprehend the depraved minds of the brainwashed members of a cult engaging in such a sordid practice. Enough already!

It is sacrilegious and cruel to try and strip others of their freedom of religion, including ex-members of the fringe religious cult known as Mormonism.

For a Jewish ex-Mormon, it goes deeper than this because Jews have had to contend with forced conversion for millenia to Christianity from Crusaders and nation states. Mormonism only adds insult to already existing injuries.

If anyone would like to start a class action lawsuit, why not us and why not now? We are the ones with the "legal standing" to bring such a lawsuit. A group of ex-Mormons who want to see justice served for ourselves and our families.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 11:40AM

Outliving my money. Going blind. Slow, painful death.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 01:06PM

I have many dreads. Suffering forever in a locked cage or drifting in the ocean waiting for death.

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 02:40PM

Being totally frail and unable to function for years prior to death, like my father and grandmother.

Posted by: TheHumanLeague ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 05:36PM

That they FIND the golden plates?

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: March 23, 2018 12:37PM

That would really suck because while it wouldn't prove Joseph Smith a prophet it would prove god to be a massive douche.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 06:32PM

A dreadful fear (panic attack)

Posted by: paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 07:08PM

lol

categories of survival risk/ trigger anxiety which then auto-switch on assorted (and apparently pre assigned) defense mechanism in response. lol not the least of which is freezing or submitting to authority rather than safely running away from real threats lol

that's the thing, prior assignment based on intelligent design on the use utilization after development of defense mechanisms- not so much!

so one refreshing thing is clarifying triggers to anxiety, sufficient to elicit a shift to a defense mechanism or automatic response state. When situations or types of risks and fears are identified, then different grounding conceptualization or concrete grounding mechanism can be used to avoid automatically triggered switch into a defense mechanism based responding ego category or type of survival behavior sets. So Cool!

While it may not be an entire new ex mo personality, it is, one situational category at a time, a gate to a new response automated or activated response a re-designated ego state shaped by chosen, not only elicited responses, to stress/ life's risks and duress...which with the right assistance may become routine.

Then instead of living like a cat in the air with its back arched (former hyper vigilant ) one may live in the present, respond to the present like some sort of a gift and remain relaxed. With new responses to cues one may still greet life stressors ' triggers with helpful healthier responses where one lands on ones feet (like a cat ) safely beside the street (like a car) continuing smoothly along one's path or routine without getting locked or lost in a hyper vigelant state like a cat arching its back hair end claws out trying to land in the fall it when tossed by something.

so its not a list of what my dreads are- its how I respond to unavoidable dreadful moments, dreadful situations which matters most to me. And can safest possible responses be internalized smoothly shifting within routine around and through dreadful instants.

Mormon dreads nots:
fearing wanting approval for looks/ re variables:
a garments/garments line X figure weight stylish NOT (fear)
b size of skill value/ not being valued by the Mormon group
c Mormon social hierarchy basis on something can't change such as skin tone social status
d Mormon manners fields Mormon manners not reaching back with mormon manner when Mormons are reaching out to shake hand meeting eye to control or strong start conversation (gave way to other softer less engaged manners with small talk and from the side )
e living with lack of Mormon value/devaluated/devaluation among Mormon folk re not Mormon life choices or family etc. learning not to value Mormon social emotional feedback (it won't be coming) so its damaging to seek it constantly and just get stung or shunned
f living with vestiges of Mormon life/Mormon choices and finding no value in past choices among non Mormons and living without Mormon social valuation, devalued or ignored among some social networks based on prior Mormon life
g discovering some other hiearchies exist, and some other folks attempt to control their followers as well, (obviously) not just lds and accidently going from one to another (from the fat in the pan into the fire)
h oh and then there's death. there's always that hanging over you. Whose rituals to use- probably the last one alive wins, their rituals will out since they're there to use them.
i then there's the matter of pain illness discomfort and death and always, finances all of which are on a Mormon compendeium of righteous pain righteous sacrifice and filthy lucre categorically lol fighting a way through to justifying no pain for any others not pre existent to birth not sin not time on earth not hell bound nor heaven to justify generate blame or shame on any existant pain even unto death nor state of death. none of it. We are justhuman we exist and that's my compassion, all worth compassion no better than. no sin dodge ball game available- pain and death come to all. All are equal receivers not just Mormon believers. That's my truth here.
That's part of what you guys have helped me learn.

I think my years on Exmormon.org has addressed these and other important issues, a variety of anxiety triggers (ie dreads) like colors of threads social responses woven through the pattern of the Mormon young womens primary teaching relief society board fabric that wound around me somewhat like a bandage protecting me in an early life survival strategy. when it became disengenous it actually engaged anxiety instead of comfort, hence seeking out the exmormon.org board.

Posted by: paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 07:08PM

lol

categories of survival risk/ trigger anxiety which then auto-switch on assorted (and apparently pre assigned) defense mechanism in response. lol not the least of which is freezing or submitting to authority rather than safely running away from real threats lol

that's the thing, prior assignment based on intelligent design on the use utilization after development of defense mechanisms- not so much!

so one refreshing thing is clarifying triggers to anxiety, sufficient to elicit a shift to a defense mechanism or automatic response state. When situations or types of risks and fears are identified, then different grounding conceptualization or concrete grounding mechanism can be used to avoid automatically triggered switch into a defense mechanism based responding ego category or type of survival behavior sets. So Cool!

While it may not be an entire new ex mo personality, it is, one situational category at a time, a gate to a new response automated or activated response a re-designated ego state shaped by chosen, not only elicited responses, to stress/ life's risks and duress...which with the right assistance may become routine.

Then instead of living like a cat in the air with its back arched (former hyper vigilant ) one may live in the present, respond to the present like some sort of a gift and remain relaxed. With new responses to cues one may still greet life stressors ' triggers with helpful healthier responses where one lands on ones feet (like a cat ) safely beside the street (like a car) continuing smoothly along one's path or routine without getting locked or lost in a hyper vigelant state like a cat arching its back hair end claws out trying to land in the fall it when tossed by something.

so its not a list of what my dreads are- its how I respond to unavoidable dreadful moments, dreadful situations which matters most to me. And can safest possible responses be internalized smoothly shifting within routine around and through dreadful instants.

Mormon dreads nots:
fearing wanting approval for looks/ re variables:
a garments/garments line X figure weight stylish NOT (fear)
b size of skill value/ not being valued by the Mormon group
c Mormon social hierarchy basis on something can't change such as skin tone social status
d Mormon manners fields Mormon manners not reaching back with mormon manner when Mormons are reaching out to shake hand meeting eye to control or strong start conversation (gave way to other softer less engaged manners with small talk and from the side )
e living with lack of Mormon value/devaluated/devaluation among Mormon folk re not Mormon life choices or family etc. learning not to value Mormon social emotional feedback (it won't be coming) so its damaging to seek it constantly and just get stung or shunned
f living with vestiges of Mormon life/Mormon choices and finding no value in past choices among non Mormons and living without Mormon social valuation, devalued or ignored among some social networks based on prior Mormon life
g discovering some other hiearchies exist, and some other folks attempt to control their followers as well, (obviously) not just lds and accidently going from one to another (from the fat in the pan into the fire)
h oh and then there's death. there's always that hanging over you. Whose rituals to use- probably the last one alive wins, their rituals will out since they're there to use them.
i then there's the matter of pain illness discomfort and death and always, finances all of which are on a Mormon compendeium of righteous pain righteous sacrifice and filthy lucre categorically lol fighting a way through to justifying no pain for any others not pre existent to birth not sin not time on earth not hell bound nor heaven to justify generate blame or shame on any existant pain even unto death nor state of death. none of it. We are justhuman we exist and that's my compassion, all worth compassion no better than. no sin dodge ball game available- pain and death come to all. All are equal receivers not just Mormon believers. That's my truth here.
That's part of what you guys have helped me learn.

I think my years on Exmormon.org has addressed these and other important issues, a variety of anxiety triggers (ie dreads) like colors of threads social responses woven through the pattern of the Mormon young womens primary teaching relief society board fabric that wound around me somewhat like a bandage protecting me in an early life survival strategy. when it became disengenous it actually engaged anxiety instead of comfort, hence seeking out the exmormon.org board.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 08:20PM

Finding out that consciousness indeed survives mortality.

Aside from joyfully greeting loved ones who have passed on, I can't imagine what I would do to entertain myself for the rest of eternity. I have a very low boredom threshold.

I think it would be a lot nicer to find that once the lights are out, the show is over. Finit. Basta. Enough is enough.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 08:37PM

Cancer. Especially since my wife was diagnosed with it and died from it.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 08:41PM

Water.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 23, 2018 12:50AM

Dread?

Why

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2018 12:52AM by moremany.

Posted by: sbj ( )
Date: March 23, 2018 01:05AM

That the church really IS true.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: March 23, 2018 01:30AM

sbj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That the church really IS true.

Jesus, i thought about that. What if god really is a secret handshake guy. Either way i don't think he and i would get along. I am not down with all the secret handshake stuff or the death oaths. Gives me bad vibes.

Date: March 23, 2018 08:54PM

Personally I could care less if the church is true. Just not important to me.

Posted by: scmdnotloggedin ( )
Date: March 23, 2018 11:59PM

Lethbridge Reprobate Wrote:
> Personally I could care less if the church is
> true. Just not important to me.

One of my closest friends says that even if God came down and told him personally that the LDS church was true, he still wouldn't want to be a Mormon.

Date: March 24, 2018 12:08AM

BINGO!

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: March 24, 2018 05:22PM

That's my response to polygamy. If God himself came to tell me he wanted me to marry someone already married I would tell him to stick it in his ear.

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: March 23, 2018 04:18AM

Being burned all over my body, drowning, or suffocating. Stuff like that.

T-Bone

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: March 23, 2018 12:32PM

Becoming weak and having dementia.

I live in fear of harm or illness to my sons.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 23, 2018 03:22PM

I teach a class to 7th graders.

Shudder.......

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: March 23, 2018 03:44PM

Like the commercial: "Falling down, and can't get up", and lying there and hope someone finds you VERY soon. (I live alone.)

Date: March 23, 2018 11:22PM

This was one of my dad's fears before he died. He gave a neighbor or two whom he trusted a key to his place to check on him if he suddenly went incognito.

He did manage on his own alright to the end, thankfully. My brothers were with him when he passed at 82. From a biopsy, of all things.

Date: March 24, 2018 12:01AM

pollythinks Wrote:
> Like the commercial: "Falling down, and can't get
> up", and lying there and hope someone finds you
> VERY soon. (I live alone.)

I don't mean to be trite, Polly, but would one of those "Life Alert" devices possibly be a good investment for you?

Date: March 24, 2018 12:08AM

So do I and yes that is a concern.

Posted by: nevermojohn ( )
Date: March 23, 2018 04:11PM

Litany of fear from Dune

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: March 23, 2018 11:08PM

That our country will have a dictator.

Date: March 23, 2018 11:25PM

I think we are closer to that right now than ever before in our history. Is POTUS a test pilot of things to come? Lord, let's hope not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2018 11:25PM by Amyjo.

Date: March 23, 2018 11:34PM

My most fearful dread is something terrible happening to my wife or to either of my children. I know it sounds overly noble, but it's true.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 24, 2018 08:24AM

I fear killer robots from the future.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 24, 2018 03:27PM

Getting mango fly larvae in my scalp. It's the worst.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: March 25, 2018 03:07AM

cludgie Wrote:
> Getting mango fly larvae in my scalp. It's the
> worst.

Did this happen to you?

If so, what was the treatment?

Date: March 25, 2018 03:51AM

Tevai Wrote:
> cludgie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Getting mango fly larvae in my scalp. It's the
> > worst.
>
> Did this happen to you?
>
> If so, what was the treatment?

Cludgie, PLEASE respond. I'm dying to know.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 28, 2018 12:06AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p93C1v5LY1A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Iyjnk5ZOfE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2018 12:08AM by Dave the Atheist.

Posted by: janis ( )
Date: March 24, 2018 06:15PM

Stroke or one of my kids or grandkids getting diagnosed with some horrid disease.

There are so many things that can go wrong with the human body, it's amazing any of us are alive.

Posted by: MexMom ( )
Date: March 25, 2018 03:19AM

Some people don't get things...

Posted by: dirtbikr ( )
Date: March 28, 2018 12:18AM

Being eatin alive by rats

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: March 28, 2018 01:48AM

When it's my time, I want to get up at 4am to pee, and have a massive heart attack and die instantly.

What I dread is that no one will know that happened. I have no friends in the building that would know if I not present.

My kids contact me about weekly, unless I text them first.

If it was on a day I had to go to work at my parking garage job, they'd call me to see why I didn't show up. If they couldn't reach me, they might think of calling one of my kids.

I want to die instantly, but don't want to lay around going bad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2018 02:14AM by memikeyounot.

Posted by: janis ( )
Date: March 28, 2018 12:57PM

This is exactly how my BIL died. Nobody realized he was missing until the local Librarian called the police to have them check up on him. He used to go to the library every day to use the computer. She realized she hadn't seen him for awhile. He was 56.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 28, 2018 10:49AM

I'm a dreadlock but certainly not in a deadlock.

I can't dread (Why worry? Don't Worry, Be Happy), or try not to.

M@t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.