Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 02:27PM

I really wanted to type my own first name! This is a BBC video link in EARTH section, labeled : big question/ Universe

(doesn't that remind you of something? like the missionary interview question? or what is going on ? or why am I here? Doesn't it sound like a young adult discussion late night- after which you carefully bear your testimony??? lol quantum multiverse <a first person discovery, done in the ego centric> sans the math. Here it is:

bbc.com/earth/story/20161021_why_there_could_be_many_copies_of_you

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 07:03PM

Posted by: kingmaximusedward ( )
Date: March 23, 2018 03:34PM

I am new to this site as a member but I have come here often,I am A Mormon, I regularly visit sites that are related to Mormonism. I am not here to do anything but seek information...

I was baptized in the Mormon church at the age of eight and I had no idea what type of commitment I had actually made. I simply remember being happy because so many people and family members who were there were happy. I then stopped going to church when I was roughly 11 or 12(My dad was a Bishop at the time and had been since he was 25(WTH). I joined the Mormon church at the age of 20( Growing up in Utah County,I was called all kinds of crap and labeled as a bad influence and even a bad person,often by the parents of "Mormons"who had never met me. I think that it's a tragedy how most Mormons act when in areas like much of Utah County.) I am extremely curious about what drives someone to seek a forum ( which ironically... has a thread entitled Mormon Apologists not Welcome,or something similar. I immediately was drawn to it and wanted to reply/ask a few questions: 1) Please expound on your comment that Free Will is delusional in Mormonism. Assuming you are an exmormon.. Was this your experience while in the Mormon church? Or do you think that this is a cultural phenomenon that is a problem? 2) I'm genuinely interested in hearing about it,I have no agenda here other than I think it's important to communicate with people who disagree with you and while I have huge problems with the the Mormon Culture, When I became a Mormon,I did so without anyone pushing me, I actually went to Church the 1st time out of complete Free Will(hungover and so bored that I just wanted to go somewhere.While I am extremely familiar with the societal norms(part of what I meant when I said it's a tragedy) of the culture and mentality. I think that many people whom have left the church, had their "heads in the sand" and still do, I am well aware of how this could affect your choices within the Mormon church. I'm very aware of the fact that many Mormons feel this way( consciously and unconsciously, and then I understand what types of behaviors can influence behavior in the individual and the collective. What do you really mean by Free Will in Mormonism is delusional? It sounds platidunous... Not accusing you of this,just want to understand? 2) Secondly,and I may find out more very quickly but I don't consider myself an apologist( Lds apologists are generally either extremely intelligent and insightful, "I and I" but egotistical,or "I and I" but driven by economics). I am extremely interested in human behavior and have two additional questions and one observation.? Why do Mormons who leave the church spend so much time immersing themselves in the anti-mormon/exmormon/insert definition,etc. when they leave? I understand and think it's necessary for various groups( LGBT,Young adults,etc.) and I hope that this can be changed..( Not by some church policy but by human beings that disagree with each other) Especially for those people who need something for support reasons because they aren't prepared for the emotional impact or similar scenarios. only for a short time. While I may ask similar questions on this topic I was drawn to your post because I actually couldn't comment on two different topics,the irony of the content on this forum and many of the top comments by the moderators,especially the Policy not allowing ( apologists) is a little bit funny. 1) I could easily show that this is the epitome of many of the behavioral issues that are being discussed and 2) If you need support after leaving the church,cool, I hope that people get it. Finally, if Freewill in Mormonism is delusional? Isn't it possible that only delusional people could accurately make that assertion? Not meant to be offensive. I am just curious what would drive someone,whom isn't suicidal or something similar,too give a deal about the former belief system that they don't subscribe to? I hope that this doesn't come across as insulting or rude. I'm simply on here because I am extremely curious... (Please refrain from trying to expose me to the realities of the Mormon church. I'm well aware of everything that you don't think I know, I read the BOM twice,then four or five other basic books and because of the love and concern for my soul. I was given the Godmakers,NMKMH, and that continued straight through to Hoffman,Salamander,Tanners,Blood atonement-Seer stones and Gold.) - I am not interested in hearing about it because I don't want to be kicked off for answering a question) In fact, I will openly state that I believe in 60-70% of the issues that exmormon generally have issue with, cheers. Look forward to your response☺

Posted by: Paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: March 23, 2018 04:56PM

I actually don’t care exactly what you believe I wonder and care that it can solve and resolve the physics the bbc interviewees included mit researchers

How does free will exist if many versions of self exist in a multi verse of many worlds in parallel or overlapping dimensions like these physics folks posited

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.