Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: September 20, 2010 01:42PM

See 2nd p'graph of his blog.

http://www.dilbert.com/blog/entry/most_widely_read_ebook_in_the_world/

Oh, and his God's Debris isn't a bad read, even if a little pretentious in parts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: September 20, 2010 02:25PM

I got a lot of time for Scott Adams, because I love the dilbert cartoons and he is very adept at picking up some of the more ridiculous aspects of business practise.

But, the guy is a bit of a nutcase. He believes that the universe is out to give him anything he wants, if he just asks for it,

as with any 'expert' you can just ignore anything he talks about outside his area of expertise. It is just opinion

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: September 20, 2010 02:43PM

based on

nothing at all...

Posted by: libros ( )
Date: September 21, 2010 01:44AM

In his second book, "The Dilbert Future" Adams spent a good chunk of pages sharing "the law of attraction." It's the same type of new age drivel to be found on Oprah, Ester and Jerry Hicks' books, "What the Bleep do we Know," Napoleon Hill's "Think and Grow Rich," Rhonda Byrne's "The Secret" etc.

I enjoy Adams quite a bit. In his book "The Way of the Weasel" he joked about how the Mormon grand scheme of things (i.e. "God has a God who has a God....and we too can become Gods just like God") sounds an awful lot like a pyramid scheme.

While I give him props for properly mocking the Mormon faith, I also can't help but roll my eyes when he recommends that if a person writes down an outrageous goal on paper 15 times a day, that it will magically come true. He claimed that it was this, and apparently not the humor of Dilbert, that led him to success.

It's near the end of "The Dilbert Future" should you wish to reference it.

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: September 20, 2010 03:01PM

has some creationist and/or intelligent design leanings.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: September 21, 2010 08:35AM

LOL! The second most-read book? Where? In the Middle East? Perhaps in China. Japan? Russia? Saudi Arabia? Africa?

It's a mighty big world. I'm sure that billions of people have never even heard of that book.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: September 21, 2010 06:00PM

He is a humorist. Please remember that when you read what he says. ;o))

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.