Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 24, 2018 03:38PM

There used to be a website dedicated to celebrities and famous personalties dead-dunked by Mormons. I miss it terribly. I suspect that the site master was told to cease and desist, and had to take it down because it contained copies of actually temple records showing the baptisms, ordinations, and temple ceremonies for and in behalf of people like Luci*le Ball, Desi A*naz, Ted B*ndy, and other famous and infamous people. I would reckon that the church then purchased the address so that it would not be used again. (This is pure speculation on my behalf.)

Anyway, here is an article that shows the dead-dunking of these 10 celebrity personalities. The old website showed dozens, incidentally.

http://www.b*sinessinsider.com/here-are-10-people-posthumously-baptized-by-mormons-2012-3#daniel-pearl-6

PS: asterisks added to defeat banned words on RfM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 24, 2018 07:10PM

Thanks Cludgie for posting this.

It's a sick and depraved practice, and insulting to the memories of those memorialized.

Posted by: carrietchr1 ( )
Date: March 25, 2018 08:56PM

My dad (not famous) was dead-dunked by a cousin I don't even know. I was able to look it up on some website several years ago - not sure if that website still exists.

Even though I don't believe any of the 'Mormon stuff' - it is still bothersome that someone thought they had the right to do that.

Anyone know of a site we can look that up?

On another note - We had TBM friends visiting last week and I accidently said 'dead-dunking' and they were confused at first and then laughed. The husband said he loved the term and would always call it that from now on! They are pretty progressive for Utah TBMs (on the younger side) - been married 3 years and no kids yet because they want to get settled and finish school! And they don't talk religion with us - only in a general way if I ask.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 25, 2018 09:05PM

We will be too after we're dead and gone by someone.

I've resigned because I don't wish to be on the rolls there. Once you're in their system, they have you not only for life but in perpetuity.

That is just wrong on so many levels, and offensive. It's an abuse of religious freedom IMO.

Posted by: carrietchr1 ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 11:10PM

My dad never was a member - but I guess we have a cousin that is! I've never met him and didn't even know we had any members in our family.

Posted by: BonQuiQui ( )
Date: March 25, 2018 10:07PM

Whatever.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 26, 2018 10:37AM

I miss the Famous Dead Mormons site. It would show the dates and what temples these Famos were dunked in. Some of them well over 20 different times. Unfortunately Elvis hadn't died when I used to go on the temple trips. Can you imagine standing there and having the dude say "I baptize you for and on behalf of Elvis Presley, who is dead." I'd have been All Shook Up.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 26, 2018 04:43PM

Incidentally, famou*deadmormons proved that the church had dead-baptised two or three mass murderers. Ted B*ndy was perhaps the most notorious of our tim, having likely killed over 130 women, some of his murders possibly dating back to his young teen days.

I am not counting Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun. That is a whole 'nother issue.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: March 26, 2018 07:35PM

Posted by: NormaRae:

"Unfortunately Elvis hadn't died when I used to go on the temple trips. Can you imagine standing there and having the dude say "I baptize you for and on behalf of Elvis Presley, who is dead." I'd have been All Shook Up."

LOL, P.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 27, 2018 10:28AM

I knew only a real Elvis fan would get it. :-)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.