Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 30, 2018 11:49AM

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has decided that (for now) a 2nd Special Counsel will not be appointed to investigate charges of political interference among certain parties in the Department of Justice and the FBI. He said DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz has been working on this, along with an "outside (of the Beltway) US Attorney," whom he has now revealed to be DAVID W. HUBER of Utah.

First, let's not get into whether the charges of DOJ/FBI partisan activities have merit, which would be pure politics. Please!

Now, relevant to the Forum: Most searches on Huber relate his activities to regular prosecutorial actions, including welfare fraud with FLDS groups. A Google listing snip included his name (if the same Daid Hubar) among new stake presidents, but the link was dead.

Does anybody know anything about him? He was first appointed by Obama, then reappointed by Trump. Is he Mormon? This investigation is likely to be very contentious, so most important, can he be trusted?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 30, 2018 11:58AM

Yep. Stake President of Magna stake (or at least was, named in 2014):

"MAGNA UTAH EAST STAKE (Jan. 26, 2014): President: John W. Huber, 46, executive assistant U.S. Attorney in the U.S. Department of Justice; succeeding James B. Moyes Jr.; wife, Lori Ann Clayton Huber."

https://www.lds.org/church/news/new-stakes-announced?lang=eng

Date: March 30, 2018 12:12PM

That's a start, he's an LDS medium-big-shot. Hoping that people who know more about him may check in.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 30, 2018 12:39PM

At least he went to UofU instead of BYU. :)

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 30, 2018 04:07PM

Great! A Utah Eunuch. Cosmo the Cougar’s Boner.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: August 15, 2018 10:52PM

Speaking of countertenors, where is Boner?

Did he get lost on the way home from Canada?

Date: August 16, 2018 01:02AM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Speaking of countertenors, where is Boner?

Boner is a bargain counter tenor.

Posted by: Utahgirl ( )
Date: March 30, 2018 03:26PM

I went to junior and high school with John. Very nice guy, honest, fair, willing to listen, down to earth. He never ever gave off the vibe of being a self righteous Mormon @$$ that many of the other guys did. I really liked him. (I'm a nevermo, so for me to like someone they have to be great.)

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: March 30, 2018 03:36PM

All of that may be true and it wouldn't even be surprising. The reason I, or others, may have a problem with him being Mormon and a US Prosecutor is that Mormons have an unnerving knack to kowtow to authority. This guy has already bowed to his orange overlord. He has all the trappings of a lackey.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: March 31, 2018 10:33AM

Oh STFU with the name calling.
Our president isn't doing such a bad job.

Keeping illegals out and making sure the U.S. is getting fair deals in trade is what Trump was elected to do.

So tired of this constant nitpicking.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: August 16, 2018 06:43PM

I'm hoping this one forgot the satire tag.

Date: August 15, 2018 10:50PM

Posted by: A Good Lass ( )
Date: August 15, 2018 10:23PM

I went to school and church (before leaving the Mormon church at the age of 22) and he was a good kid. I did not run in his circle but he always came across to me as fair and a good guy. He was not your typical two face butt wipes as why I actually ended up leaving the church. He was never hypocritical, as for being a "goody two shoes" I never looked at him like that, I honestly believe he is a good guy and will do a good job.. in a world where so many don't give a crap about honesty I am very happy he is where he is...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.