Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 01, 2018 08:54PM

It sounds bad when i say that so probably not. They still have you controlled in some way which is alright, their brainwashing is top-notch and i admit to that. It's a fight to regain your own mind and your own thoughts every d@mn day it seems.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: April 05, 2018 12:16AM

I remember when, just prior to marriage, DH-to-be and I were very busy, moving our things from our individual apartments into what would be our first home as a married couple.

My Jack-Mo future MIL was asking about our progress in moving. She asked, "What about church?" I shrugged, and said, dismissively, "It's only Conference. Nobody cares if you miss that." She laughed so hard at that!

I realized, very early on, that it was much easier on the schedule and the mind if you read the talks when they came out in Ensign a couple of months later. You could skip over the ones that didn't interest you.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 06, 2018 01:31PM

catnip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...it was much easier
> on the schedule and the mind if you read the talks
> when they came out in Ensign a couple of months
> later.

Yeah, but then you only got the edited, "sanitized" versions. Where they re-worked them to cut out the gaffes and doctrinal errors the GAs inevitably made "live" :)

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 05, 2018 01:05AM

Howdy Badass, I think that I’m pretty much recovered. I visited a sacrament meeting last month with a friend who asked me to go. It was outside Utah and a very different ward (and church) than what I’m familiar with.

However, I HATE the sound of GC. I loathe the sound of the choirs with their high notes and loud organ accompaniment trying to force a Morgasm on me. Just the sound of any GA using the pious holier-than-fuckin’-thou speak makes me want to punch something.

So, I don’t turn it on. If someone like Mrs. Boner is listening to it, I just put on my noise-cancelling headphones or go shopping.

I choose to ignore GC except for what I read here. When I removed my name I stipulated—no visitors. So, I’ll let my minister minister to me if I need ministering. Who knows, maybe you’ll minister to me over a beer someday (with copious amounts of bad language). The EX-MO’s Boner.

Date: April 05, 2018 02:15AM

How do you know when you are recovered boner? When your mind is totally free of their bullsh#t? I find the whole GC is the ultimate submit and control mechanism. It makes me f#cking angry. All dressed up in their expensive suits having an easy life on other people's money it appears. Everybody knows its a control mechanism yet they still have to pay attention to it both mo and ex-mo alike. But anyways i am getting my throat and esophagus procedure done tomorrow. This is some bullsh#t having to fix all this sh#t while the GAs are swimming in other people's money. It's the same f#cking story year after year. Pretty sure god is a failure and i can say that with what i have gone through alone while evil men are living the good life. I don't know boner hopefully tomorrows procedure works, the neck surgery worked pretty good so i am pleased with that one. One day i might be a real human being haha. It's my goal to become a real boner, i mean boy haha. Little tired over here. Not really sure what the future holds to be honest. It's a little unsettling.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 05, 2018 12:15PM

I just saw you other post, I’ll respond there.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: April 05, 2018 02:16AM

Date: April 05, 2018 02:18AM

General conference. I just noticed a lot of ex-mormons on here still watch it every six months.

Date: April 05, 2018 03:16AM

Date: April 05, 2018 03:18AM

Well you know me.

Date: April 06, 2018 01:00PM

Date: April 06, 2018 03:32PM

I do but i have to see the person say it in real life.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 05, 2018 02:49AM

The story about Cook & unconsentual immorality has ruined any positive PR that GC might have otherwise generated;

EPIC FAIL!

Date: April 05, 2018 03:10AM

GNPE Wrote:
> The story about Cook & unconsentual immorality has
> ruined any positive PR that GC might have
> otherwise generated;
>
> EPIC FAIL!

Not sure what story you're talking about. The badass hasn't been in the mormon know in a long while.

Posted by: lazylizard ( )
Date: April 06, 2018 12:50PM

GNPE Wrote:
> The story about Cook & unconsentual immorality has
> ruined any positive PR that GC might have
> otherwise generated;
>
> EPIC FAIL!

Wait a second, what's going on? I don't follow GC anymore or do anythi g church wise. If there is a scandal regarding the 12 Penishoods, I would love to know more!

Date: April 06, 2018 03:33PM

Maybe i would too.

Posted by: Anon for sure ( )
Date: April 05, 2018 04:05AM

I watch it just to see if they ever have their hands above the podium.

WHAT ARE THEY DOING ?????

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 05, 2018 07:04AM

Date: April 05, 2018 11:59PM

I want to reach that level. There is still a part of me that gets curious and still wants to see one of them break script and start speaking truth at the podium.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: April 05, 2018 12:31PM

It doesn't mean anything , just like general conference. People

watch for a variety of reasons. There is no hard and fast rule

about it.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: April 05, 2018 12:52PM

Others watch it for me.
Filter out the (99%) BS.

I could write that shit-
But I don't want to be mean.

Change Change Change
Repent Report Regurgitate
Don't LOVE, feel, master-debate
Don't LEAD, listen or LIVE
NO CHOICE, voice or vice

I may re-word the message:

Love One Another

Simple as that!

M@t

Date: April 06, 2018 12:08AM

moremany Wrote:
> Others watch it for me.
> Filter out the (99%) BS.
>
> I could write that shit-
> But I don't want to be mean.
>
> Change Change Change
> Repent Report Regurgitate
> Don't LOVE, feel, master-debate
> Don't LEAD, listen or LIVE
> NO CHOICE, voice or vice
>
> I may re-word the message:
>
> Love One Another
>
> Simple as that!
>
> M@t

That would cut out a ton of bs for sure. I am always a tiny bit curious if one of the speakers will break script and start speaking for real.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 05, 2018 03:32PM

This is the last time I'll watch any of it because it's the EXACT SAME THING YEAR AFTER YEAR.

Let's say there's a general conference for, uh, drones: they'll talk about new regulations and technology, have speakers who were early inventors tell amusing stories...or a GC for drug recovery: they'll talk about new treatments, and have speakers deliver heart felt testimonies.

Mormons?

It's not really a "conference", it's OBEY. OBEY. OBEY. The bottom line is OBEY, all delivered in a formulaic recipe of flat intonation, anecdotes that may not even be true, and appeal to authority. Any changes announced are not that history-making, but to the brainwashed TBM who has little real excitement in their lives, they are hailed as revelations from God.

OBEY.

Date: April 06, 2018 12:04AM

When building expensive buildings is a revelation from god then that's a problem. Does a mormon ever get to live a real and kind of exciting life?

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: April 06, 2018 12:39PM

Badassadam1 Wrote:
> When building expensive buildings is a revelation
> from god then that's a problem. Does a mormon
> ever get to live a real and kind of exciting life?

No! That's reserved for x-mos/ formons.

If they (morMons) want excitement all they have to do is (learn and) speak the truth and get booted, or walk out of that door (to true eternal happiness, and joy, forever).
M@t

Posted by: lazylizard ( )
Date: April 06, 2018 01:22PM

I would say no. Just like being the church, getting out of the church should be 100%. Granted, you go through the five emotions when removing yourself and deprogramming. I left in 2016 and still have a hard time with the fact, but then remember how much happier I am. I would never join a cult that says I can't be with my gf in a gay relationship.

Date: April 06, 2018 03:42PM

I agree that you have to be all out. I admit that a part of me wishes for something glorious still in life but is that the brainwashing? Probably. The mormon glory is not the glory i seek but i like that glory idea. The greek badass.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 06, 2018 01:58PM

If you deem the organization to be your enemy then certainly watch so you can keep your enemy close enough that he cannot get
to you. Besides it is always good for a laugh!!!

Date: April 06, 2018 03:39PM

thedesertrat1 Wrote:
> If you deem the organization to be your enemy then
> certainly watch so you can keep your enemy close
> enough that he cannot get
> to you. Besides it is always good for a laugh!!!

I have thought about that keeping your enemy close. But they seem to be the same robots every year so what is there to study. I do consider them to be an enemy though, people don't see this as mental warfare but i do.

Date: April 06, 2018 03:44PM

The mental warfare meaning you fighting against their programming and brainwashed ideas in the mind.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.