Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 05:38PM

I don't celebrate Easter at all and want to celebrate Jewish holidays, and someone in the store said you are going to hell and all the Jews in the holocaust are in hell to! And the Jews killed Jesus! I hate Easter a lot! And the Jews did not want the holocaust to happen! It is worse when Mormons do baptism of the dead for holocaust victims!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 02, 2018 05:39PM

But what is wrong with wanting to celebrate Jewish holidays? I.don't get it at all! I am so sick of people saying you are going to hell!

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 05:58PM

Those people who are saying that are CRAZY!

I suppose these are customers, and you must deal with them. If they are not customers, you need to flush these people out of your life. I had to let go of some very abusive (Mormon) family members, in order for me and my children to move on and be happy.

Make a large, decorative sign, and post it prominently: NO RELIGION OR POLITICS! Glare at the offender, and point to the sign, then get on with your business.

Don't allow them to say that to you! You will feel better if you don't let them get away with it. I usually say, "I don't believe in Hell."

You are far better than the crazies who are damning you to Hell. My own mother used to damn me to Hell, and I made her stop, by repeating the words back to her. "You just damned me to Hell! What kind of mother damns her daughter to Hell for not washing a dish?" Be the voice of reason.

I wish I could tell some clever things to say. I'm sure other posters will provide you with some.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 11:35PM

If anybody starts in on "going to hell," either I avoid the conversation altogether, or else say calmly, "Not likely. I don't believe in hell."

If anybody starts to make an issue of it, I wave them off and say, "I have to leave now. Bye."

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 05:58PM

Next time someone says "you're going to hell", reply with "That's funny, standing next to you makes me feel as if I'm already there."

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 06:00PM

I don't acknowledge holidays either. Religion is the real hell. You'll be fine crazyhorse, you've passed the badass test.

Date: April 02, 2018 06:10PM

Easter is pagan and just dumb!if people say you are going to hell again I will say how will you know that you aren't going there? I am done with religious holidays and religious people! It was in a store and he must have heard me asking for kosher food!

Date: April 02, 2018 06:11PM

Holidays make religious people so stuck up!you are going to hell but we are not!

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 09:17PM

crazyhorse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Holidays make religious people so stuck up!you are
> going to hell but we are not!

They always think "you are going to hell but we are not". They are just jealous because their lives are hell, trust me i know how miserable religious people are compared to everyone else. I barely got out of their hell alive.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 06:16PM

Anyone who could say such things are bigots and not worthy of your time.

They are Jew haters, which is not even Christian of them.

Tell them next time you see them that Jesus himself was a Jew. Not a Christian. And he celebrated Passover. That ought to get their goat!

Posted by: janis ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 06:16PM

How do they know where you're going? Do they have personal relationship with Stan? Does he tell this person who will be joining him in the next life? How does one get a relationship like this with Stan?

Posted by: mom anon ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 06:21PM

Don't feel too bad, crazy horse. Our granddaughter (4 y/o) told Gpa n me that we are hellhound no-good-nic apostates.

But, I will say, that my proudest moments are when someone asks me if I'm Jewish.

Historically, it seems to me that Jews loved Jesus. They just got the blame for his murder.

Date: April 02, 2018 06:41PM

It is like saying that every American killed the native Americans or all the Germans killed all the Jews in the holocaust! I am done with religion! It gets old

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 07:13PM

Pope Francis has declared that there is no Hell, if it makes you feel any better. Jews can breathe safely. I can't imagined why Jesus would want to put his own people there, anyway.

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: April 04, 2018 06:16PM

Oh.....!!!!
Well, if the POPE says so... then it’s legit. :/

Posted by: mayrach ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 07:21PM

It's nobody's right to tell you where you are or aren't going, so you can safely ignore them. A passive-aggressive "thank you" and a smile might do the trick.

Some Mormon friends and even my soon-to-be-ex-husband told me I was "taking the much harder path" by leaving LDS. They had no right to say anything like that. They don't know the future. They can't speak on any of that. It's useless to listen to junk like that!

IGNORE and go on your happy way.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 07:28PM

Last time someone told me I was going to hell I said great are you paying for my flight to Norway. It confuses them. There is a Hell, Norway. Also Michigan, but I'd rather go to Norway.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 07:28PM

Don't worry about it.
"Hell" is imaginary. There's no evidence of any kind to show there's any such place.

So don't let the delusions of others bother you.

If you want, you can point out that in the bible, the Jesus character is quoted as saying it's not their place to judge whether people are going to hell or not -- so they're going against their beloved Jesus when they do so. And going against Jesus means going to hell. Make sure they get the irony.

Date: April 02, 2018 07:38PM

Haha yep or say I am already there and it is you!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 07:44PM

Both sane and crazy. Hell is a made-up concept. Anyone who believes in it is worrying about nothing.

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 08:20PM

In Hell I'll Be In Good Company
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9FzVhw8_bY

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 08:22PM

Dammit! Has my wife been talking with you, too?

Posted by: Jesus ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 09:15PM

I'm telling you that you aren't going to hell.
Feel better?

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 09:39PM

Those who would say that are bigots, and not Christian at all. Jesus was a Jew, and the Last Supper was really a Passover Seder.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 09:46PM

"The Jews" did not kill Jesus, if he even existed. I'm so sick of hearing that.

Crucifixion was strictly a Roman form of execution. If there was a band of people yelling, "Crucify him!" or whatever they yelled while standing around at the trials, then they're pretty much the equivalent of the crazy people watching the guillotine working during the French Revolution.

Do they blame every innocent baby born in Germany today for Hitler? Some people are frickin' nuts.

Posted by: popcorn on the apricot tree ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 10:58PM

Be of good cheer. Remember "In heaven there is no beer"

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: April 04, 2018 08:52PM

Why not? If you like beer, you should expect the best beer in heaven. Remember, the wine at Cana was very good.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 11:13PM

in b 4 ~ everyone in this thred is going to hell ~

wait ~

wut ? ~

Posted by: scmdnotloggedin ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 11:20PM

crazyhorse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't celebrate Easter at all and want to
> celebrate Jewish holidays, and someone in the
> store said you are going to hell and all the Jews
> in the holocaust are in hell to! And the Jews
> killed Jesus! I hate Easter a lot! And the Jews
> did not want the holocaust to happen! It is worse
> when Mormons do baptism of the dead for holocaust
> victims!

If there is a hell, it would seem that any person who feels entitled to tell others they are going there would be in grave danger of ending up there himself or herself.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: April 03, 2018 12:34AM

Religion doesn't necessarily make people crazy. But is gives
crazy people a milieu in which they can appear sane.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: April 03, 2018 12:34AM

"When you are going through hell, keep going" _Winston Churchill (?)

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: April 03, 2018 12:52AM

Greyfort is 100% correct. The Roman’s killed him, Roman style.
They crucified a lot of people that way.
The Nazis ate the ones in hell, if it exists

Posted by: lazylizard ( )
Date: April 03, 2018 01:27AM

Posted by: alsd ( )
Date: April 03, 2018 01:51AM

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun." - Billy Joel

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 03, 2018 02:31AM

I like well-wishers, but hell-wishers stink.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 03, 2018 05:46AM

I would just say, "I'm sorry that you're having a bad day." Often times what people say is more about them than about you.

Date: April 04, 2018 09:00AM

We don't say every German is a nazi! Religious people can be so judgemental and acting like we are so great! And no the Jews did not kill Jesus! Like not every German was involved with the holocaust!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.