Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 06:16PM

T.G.I.F. :)

Enjoying a nice chilled glass of pure Concord grape juice, non-fermented.

What's your tipple this Friday evening?

Bottoms up !

Saluti.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 06:28PM

3 kinds of single malt scotch to chose from plus a new (to me) Canadian rye to try....mmmmmm.....and of course, Guinness.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 06:32PM

A couple suggestions of you can get them.....

Pendleton 1910 Rye

Snake River Stampede Canadian Blend

Two of my fav's. Cheers.

Date: April 13, 2018 07:28PM

Trying out some Forty Creek (Ontario) rye. So far so good...and then maybe a wee dram of Lagavulin 16 later.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 06:33PM

I'll be stopping for some domestic beer and bottle of Snake River Stampede whiskey on the way home.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 06:49PM

Chilled Chardonnay wine. I put ice cubes in my glass if no one is looking. No one's looking! lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2018 11:10AM by summer.

Date: April 13, 2018 07:28PM

:)

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 08:19PM

Pimms cup

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 08:27PM

Tonight it is non-alcoholic. Matter of expediency

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 08:31PM

Milk.
Update: Irish Coffee.
Final update: Apple Pie cocktail.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2018 11:29PM by donbagley.

Posted by: Jumpin Javelina ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 08:54PM

1.5 liter bottle of merlot -- gonna drink till I drop... or until the bottle is dry.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 09:03PM

Coffee for now, Rainier (I'm on a tight budget) later as I marathon "Friday the 13th" movies (minus the gods-awful remake).

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 09:15PM

I'm not on a tight budget, I just hate paying the high rent some beers are demanding. I just went through a 48 can box of Kirkland Signature Light Beer, $21.99. It was beer....

Date: April 13, 2018 11:33PM

I only drink one or two on the nights I have any so I can drink some good craft beers and then a couple Guinness a week.

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 11:48PM

Amen brotha. Quality over quantity.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 01:48AM

Both!

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 10:45PM

I usually buy Deschutes brewed beer, a brewery in Oregon who makes good stuff, but I'm in college, still trying to find part-time work, and the IRS is STILL processing my refund.
So for me, Rainier is as good as craft beer when I can't afford craft beer.

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 09:14PM

Praydude's Bourbon Punch:

(Serves 2)

Juice from 1 Grapefruit
Juice from 1/2 orange

Put that juice in a measuring cup and see how much it is. Add 2/3rds of that amount in Bourbon or Rye Whiskey. I prefer Rye.

Add 2-3 oz of sweet Vermouth
add 1-2 oz of Grenadine

Shake and pour into 2 glasses half-filled with ice.

add a squirt of orange and reg bitters
add 2 cherries (preferably the sweet Luxardo ones)
Stir and enjoy!

I know it is a complex cocktail but it is so worth it.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 10:23PM

That sounds good.

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 11:02PM

4.5 kiltlifters, all on the company's dime. Meeting at work went late and and the boss made right. 15 years ago I would have drunk diet Coke... 20 years ago it would have been a vodka and grapefruit. Why did I briefly go back?!?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 11:04PM

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 11:33AM

Last night, I had some syrah with dinner, and it was pretty good. Now, on this Saturday morning, I'm having coffee as usual.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 11:39AM

Tonight, Saturday, I'll be drinking some Canadian beer, perhaps Carling, watching my Toronto Maple Leafs try to take down the Boston Bruins in game two of the first round playoffs.

What's interesting, is that I served my mission in Boston, but I'm a Leafs fan, Raptors fan, and Jays fan, but I do sometimes root for the New England Patriots, in spite of Brady and the Trump loving owner.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 07:53PM

Mint tea, for me.

Date: April 14, 2018 07:56PM

That sounds good.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 08:20PM

Friday night? Mostly IPAs (I Pee Ale)/ IPL. Had some ciders in there (that must have been where I lost a chunk of [$20s] change). Then a protein shake and a wine (why not?). The vodka and White Russian went to the [great] band. They were grateful. Fine men too. Today it was non-homo milk, with phat, a protein shake, a cold common coffee and a glass of water. Though I don't much feel like home repairs or tinkering tonight, I might have a screwdriver... with my snacks and/ or supper. Edited to add: I think I'll have that now! Noonday Sunday. Beautiful.

Happy Sunday - Sunny day - to all ye who may be getting a late start on your weekend, or like me, forgot or go green, mean and wo-man or machine. Whatever you think or drink, just don't let it stink... and always remember how and when to wink. I'd better get that drink! 1201

I'll come (go) out for coffee today. After the in-and-out crowd quites doing that. After yesterday and last nights storming, it's a gorgeous day! It'll be a soothing sitting. (not chewing or spitting), a warming high and a zooming Zen.

Who's Zen?

M@t

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2018 01:02PM by moremany.

Date: April 15, 2018 11:26PM

Boy that coffee was good.

Now, back to 'work'.

Oh yea, I finished it earlier.

Then to bed it iszzz...

M@t

Date: April 14, 2018 09:33PM

Rum & Coke while I chatted with Da Bone earlier this evening....

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 09:36PM

Yeah, I know... Consumption of sufficient quantity of alcohol makes him tolerable.

Date: April 15, 2018 12:40AM

Doesn't take that much really...

Posted by: cakeordeath ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 10:09PM

I love reading all of your passions for a good drink. As a purveyor of libations, I often wonder what the hell some of you are thinking. OTOH, I am always amazed at the quality of drinking most of you are attached to.

For instance, someone who focuses on a good Scotch. Or, another who is impressing a friend with a special red wine. Or the DIL who wants to make sure her FIL has a happy heart on his 60th birthday.

I sadly believe that Utah suffers culturally from not allowing the approved non-prohibition laws of our nation to be applied. We have become an anomaly among the other states. It's as if prohibition were somehow, still in effect, if only to discourage the practice. BY made a lot of money off of the (so-called) gentiles by running booze throughout the Territory and the State continues their gutting of the alcohol trade today.

I can only guess that the present situation will change is when the revenue source begins to sour. That might occur with the legalization of marijuana and the ending of opioid availability. Or both. Not within most of our lifetimes here but, it's going to happen. TSCC cannot control information forever. It's going to change our whole culture when the whole system of lies is laid out to the world to see. And if that day never comes, the law of equilibrium will make sure that there is a change of beliefs.

Jose Cuervo Golden Margarita mix, ice, shaker, lime juice, two shots of Cuervo Silver Tequila, salted tumbler. Boom, boom, out go the lights. That's what's happening at Cake and Ms. Cake's hacienda tonight.

Cake

Cake

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 11:14PM

My go-to Scotch (when I need one) is Glenfidditch. Our very own Brigantia (who hasn't been around much lately) introduced me to Famous Grouse when I visited her in England years ago.

In general, I can't tolerate much serious drinking, so I like a tasty Margarita made with a light touch. And since I have to limit my sodium intake, I only drink from the one area on the glass. I can't bring myself to say "Hold the salt."

We don't keep alcohol in the house, so I'd say I get an alcoholic beverage once every month or two.

Posted by: Anon 3 ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 07:30PM

Get your tequila before the price goes out of reach because of the agave shorthand

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 01:56AM

There's a lovely little winery in Lanesville, Indiana called Turtle Run. Their Sangiovese American is divine. Cheers!

Date: April 18, 2018 04:48AM

Saluti! :)

Date: April 15, 2018 01:51PM

I like grape juice.

I ate a few limbs of grapes, red and green, last night, in bed. It put me to counting sheep. I didn't even get to zero. Zzz

M@t

Date: April 15, 2018 01:54PM

This should have been up near the top, on Amyjo-juice.

Oh yea, that TOOL.
Let me get that screwdriver!

M@t

Date: April 16, 2018 08:00PM

I bought some "sweetie" grapes yesterday from the supermarket.

They were sweet, but came with a hefty price tag. What happened to the good old days when all grapes were sweet, and you paid the same price as 'regular' grapes, lolol?

Date: April 17, 2018 07:41PM

Going out for supper with my little brother. This pub will have 40 beers and ales on tap. My wife passed away 6 months ago today so going to celebrate and remember her. She loved good vodka.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.