Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 08:56PM

Just because I can pretend to be a critical thinker, doesn't mean I don't know how to dream, and on a grand scale!

What I wish would happen upon my demise is that there's a whirling of my senses and a feeling of disorientation and when I am eventually aware of my surroundings, I'm in what I recognize as a "I'm next in line" situation, standing far enough from the interviewer's desk that I can't hear what he/she/it and the person seated with his/her/its back to me are saying. There's no one behind me in line, and to my left and right are other single individuals seated at desks, stretching to the right and left as far as I can see. Everyone is calm.

I look down and see that I'm in a young-looking, strong body and I can feel its power. I recognize my skin tone and the shape of my hands and forearms. I'm wearing a light gray jump-suit and sneaker-like shoes. I feel a sense of wonderment and a whole lot of anticipation...

Then I notice that the guy ahead of me has left the desk and the interviewer is beckoning. I take the seat and he gives me a perfunctory smile and then looks down tablet-like device and he begins to explain to me what I'm doing there and what my options are, one of which includes meeting up with Saucie...

War and battles are involved!

So that's my daydream. What's yours?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 09:03PM

in b 4 ~ OPie is sent straight to Fashion Hell ~

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 09:05PM

So the meet up with Saucie is your number one desire on your happy hit list of life of course.

Date: April 13, 2018 09:12PM

Yep! That's why wars and battles are involved! Zero knitting and crocheting ...

Date: April 13, 2018 09:19PM

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wars and battles involved Tra La.

No knitting or crocheting... tra la.

Yay, Yay, Yay.... its going to be a

happy day.

Posted by: Barnupcrik ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 09:32PM

In my sleep, like my grandpa....not screaming like the people in his car.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 09:34PM

Here is what happened last time, to the very best of my recollection...

I (in my immediate past lifetime) was in an awful place, and in catastrophic circumstances which I was helpless to do anything about, and I had just done an unthinkable thing (I had no choice--it would have been worse for everyone if I had NOT done it), and after it was done, I (in a kind of surreal state...I realize now that I was probably already in the process of exiting my body) walked out of the building where I had been, into the night, and started walking "straight ahead," but aimlessly. I wasn't trying to "go" anyplace, and I wasn't trying to "do" anything, I was just walking because I was basically deranged at that moment, and I didn't know what else to do.

As I was walking, three soldiers came up behind me (I was breaking rules by being where I was), and they were speaking some language I didn't understand, and they were making bets about who was going to kill me (they were laughing with each other as they were making the bets, the rhythm of the back-and-forth was unmistakable)...and I just kept walking because I did not care.

The first guy (whoever he was) won the bet. One micro-second I was walking on the gravel-and-grass...and the next minute I was in the most wonderful place I can ever remember being EVER. It was totally without light (saying that it was "dark" doesn't get across the total absence of light which is what I was actually experiencing)...and it was WARM...and I was SAFE...and I was NOT where I had been a micro-second before. And I kind of just "floated" in that beautiful, wonderful, SAFE, WARM, supportive, SAFE space for I don't know how long...

...and the next thing I remember, I "woke up" in what I (later in my life) realized was a crib, and there was this strange-to-me-woman who was cheerily speaking abominable Dutch to me. (It was English.) It was in the house on Santa Barbara Avenue (now Martin Luther King Blvd.), near Western and USC, where I lived with my Mom (my father was in the Navy) until after the war was over (when we moved to the San Fernando Valley, on the GI Bill, after my Dad was released from the military).

This has been a superbly good life for me, and I am very grateful for all of the countless good things which have been, in this life, "there"--for me to take advantage of. I have been gifted with an enormous number of good things, and I have tried to live the very best life that I could at any given moment.

I've thought a lot about where I might like to go next, and the truth is, I really like where I am. I have traveled enough to experience a number of places (both on this continent, and also on other continents), and though there have been great trips of different kinds (sometimes with some really marvelous perks: like being, along with a large group of other Americans, one of a number of guests of Queen Beatrix in the Netherlands...or being able to go on location to CFTO-TV in Toronto for a TV production...or me being able to talk my way into a vastly reduced-rate, tour group of American Hebrew school teachers, to Israel)...

...but I have never been able to come up with anything I would like better, for a lifetime, than living the life I have now in the San Fernando Valley. There are lots of places I feel pretty much "at home" in (South Africa, for example), but I can't imagine a future life which is actually better than the life I have right now.

So I dunno. If I should die in the near-ish future, and if I have the chance, I will come back here, if I can, and report on not only where I landed for my next life, but how it is going wherever-that-may-be. I want access to good education and good books...living under a good legal system with healthy and life-affirming laws...a place where adventures that stretch me in enjoyable ways are available...and where I, personally, can make a positive difference (in a tikkun olam/"repair the world" way).

It's going to be interesting to learn where, after I die in this life, I find myself "waking up" next.

I am acutely and constantly aware that, in this life, I won the global lottery in the life I have right now.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 13, 2018 10:00PM

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 12:34AM

Hopefully not of cancer like my late wife....and without pain would be nice too....and not too soon. I want to be at my grandchildren's weddings.

Date: April 14, 2018 12:42AM

No, Ron, I'm asking what would you LIKE to happen after your body dies. Sure, there are many of us who agree that there's nothing after death, but if there were something, what would you LIKE it to be! I'm getting the impression that not many of us take the time to give details to the faint hope that there's something else.

Even christians, and mormons, don't take the time to flesh out the details of what they expect to happen at death. Mormons think they're going to live with their families, which amounts to 'turtles all the way up AND down'!

What are the time cycles, if any? Do celestial beings sleep? Do they have to study or is all the "data" they need to function as omnipotent beings 'loaded' into their brains? What is the coin of the realm? How do you impress the other ghawds?

Humans like to plan, but mormonism only really plans for keeping you busy and keeping you paying tithing.

If there's something after death, what would you like it to be? Dream big!! Can't hurt!!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 01:25PM

Gonna get toasted, then planted EOD....no expectation past that.

Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 11:56AM

I am looking forward to nonexistence. Like before I was born. The only true freedom is in nonexistence.

If I can't have that, I'll settle for an eternal holodeck.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 12:21PM

I posted it on the other thread, but I guess I wasn't too terribly clear.

I want to be with my parents, my children, my dogs, and some of my siblings.

If my dogs aren't going to be there, I can't handle it.

I DON'T want to spend my life as a polygamist wife in the CK or whatever torture mormons have in mind. Once I walked away from mormonism, I realized the only thing I wanted was to be with my family. I feared not being with them all my life from when they started teaching us about forever families. Age 5 is when I remember as my dad drank coffee and I was very concerned as a little 5-year-old. I still see myself looking at the jar of coffee in the cupboard.

I want peace. No highs, no lows, just level.

There are other people I want there, too, but I learned when my parents died that there were certain people that I could live without if they didn't want to come along for the ride as I was sick and tired of dealing with their issues. It changed everything.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 09:18PM

Years ago, when I lost a beloved cat, somebody gave me a link to that poem. I still look it up sometimes, because it is so powerful.

People who don't have pets aren't capable of understanding (I don't think) the incredible bonding that goes on between us and our furbabies.

The Rainbow Bridge is a corner of Heaven where you are supposed to meet up with all of your furbabies, when the time comes.

The first person I'll look for is my best friend. After we have talked for a few eternities (without annoying parents telling us we've been on the phone long enough!!) I plan to find the Rainbow Bridge and cuddle my furbabies. There will be a lot of them. I don't know if they shed cat-hair Over There, but I don't care.

I wouldn't want an afterlife where pets weren't allowed.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 01:04PM

No, I didn't want the Mormon CK at all. The Mormons told me that I would be sealed to my temple ex-husband who almost killed me, along with 2 other temple-wives. My children, born years after the civil divorce would also be sealed to this monster, as his property. How dare they relegate us to such a Hell! It makes me mad that I believed all those stake presidents and bishops and apostles claimed the authority to know this would be my eternal fate. The Mormon CK is NOT something God would want, ever! Petty judgments, stratification, visitation rules between kingdoms, alienation and outer darkness for non-Mormons, demeaning of women, breaking earthy laws with polygamy and with lies, etc.

After death, I expect the opposite of the above! I would be with my beloved children and grandchildren. I would be free to see them whenever I want to. I would be just as worthy as everyone else. I would not be bound to an abusive or cheating husband. I would be free. I would not be forced to have bullies, abusers, and criminals in my life. No one would be constantly criticizing me and making me feel like dirt. I would not be constantly monitored and told what to do. I would abide in an interesting and beautiful place. I would live in love and peace.

Wait--I'm there now! I'm looking out my window at cherry and pear blossoms, daffodils, against a backdrop of white and green mountains. My children live just down the street. I'm happily single. I love my job. I have no contact with my past abusers. I have left that evil, oppressive cult. This is heaven.

This is the only thing we can be sure of. I can handle ambiguity. I do believe that we have no control over dying, or over where we go when we die. Maybe it will be like going back to the womb, and whatever we were before. Maybe life wasn't to "achieve" (work for the cult) but to just to "live and love and have joy." This is all there is or ever will be, folks.

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 01:21PM

I feel the same way, having been married to an abusive ex-husband. Fortunately in my case, we weren't "sealed" so it just involved a secular, legal divorce. Still, the thought of the Mormon CK is my idea of hell, not heaven. My ex even admitted he was looking forward to polygamy being reinstated, and hoped it would be in this lifetime because it meant he would get more victims, I mean wives.

I'm just glad I got out of that situation 16 years ago, and that I never had children with him as it made getting out easier as I was able to cut off all contact with him.

Posted by: bobofitz ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 06:10PM

Although I don’t think this will happen, but I get your question. What do we want....what would we choose.

I’d enjoy a reincarnation. But kind of different than the traditional type you always hear of. Instead of being a different person and coming back to this Earth and having no recollection of your past life, I want to continue to be the same person and go to a different inhabited planet and continue my consciousness there. As is the case with some of us here, even when I was a church goer as a young man I wasn’t too happy about how preprogrammed the whole Plan was.

Anyhow, that’s what I would want.

Posted by: bobofitz ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 06:14PM

Oh yeah, no grey jumpsuit....I’ll go shop for something.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 08:24PM

I get to Saucie first, wanker!

Date: April 17, 2018 07:38PM

BYU Boner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I get to Saucie first, wanker!

Should I be scared or what?

Date: April 17, 2018 08:22PM

Naaaaahhhhh, I’m a big softy. And, what you’ve got with the Dawg is something awesome. Big chaste hugs, Saucie!

Date: April 17, 2018 08:27PM

BYU Boner Wrote:
> Naaaaahhhhh, I’m a big softy. And, what you’ve
> got with the Dawg is something awesome. Big chaste
> hugs, Saucie!

I love you Boner !!!

Date: April 17, 2018 08:39PM

Right back at you AND the Dawg!

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 05:33PM

How trivial is that? My idea of heaven is a British period piece.

There would be witty conversation and lots of languishing.

Date: April 15, 2018 05:40PM

All those large gardens, with their paths, leading to grottos and benches and flowered alcoves!

As a huge fan of P.J. Wodehouse, I'm very familiar with that theme!

But I'm a bigger fan of Sci/Fi...

Date: April 17, 2018 08:28PM

laperla not logged in Wrote:
> How trivial is that? My idea of heaven is a
> British period piece.
>
> There would be witty conversation and lots of
> languishing.

The languishing gets me every time. I'm a fan.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 05:41PM

I'm waiting for 72 virgins.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 12:17AM

Haven't thought about it much but I'd like my pup to greet me with a big jump into my arms! Next I'd like to meet up with my dad long enough to have him tell me he's proud I found my way out of Mormonism as he had always hoped. I hope he tells me he's not mad I didn't listen to him from the start when he told me it was lies. I also hope he's not mad we got him dead dunked. I hope the rest of our family is also forgiving on that count since we only went back a couple of generations.

But really. I'm not expecting anything. I'd just like to be without an aging, molding body. If there is any essence of me left after the big lights out then I hope it knows instinctively what to do with itself.

Please don't let me be reincarnated as a cow!

Posted by: Argonaut ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 09:33PM

Feasting on endless bacon in Valhalla.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 10:43PM

I want to fly like an eagle at the top of the food chain.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.