Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mankosuki ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 08:57AM

The annual RfM fund raiser is underway. It's at the top in the stickers.

I hardly ever notice the permanent threads at the top. Usually just start checking new posts under those. Maybe everyone does the same. Funds aren't coming in as before. Maybe this is the reason.

Starting this post so maybe more will see it, we can give it a ride to the top, etc. Let's support our site. Donate if you can.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 09:03AM

But there was recently a thread about how many RfMers aren't bothered by high taxes and huge raises in fees, so I'd think that those posters could afford to help RfM. Where are they now? Hopefully, they'll pitch in generously because RfM must be helping them or they wouldn't be here.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 09:50AM

As much as Eric K. doesn't like to fund drive, a shout out to him for keeping this site open, and letting us be a part of the operation.

For those who can give something, please do. You know who you are.

:)

Posted by: mankosuki(nli) ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 05:15PM

Ride to the top.

Thanks for helping keep the site up and running.
Donate if you can.

Posted by: Gatorman not logged in ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 06:25PM

Check sent in honor of EdZachery and the Boner....

Gatorman
Spring football was fun to watch
Baseball hopefully will sweep Missouri
Softball swept South Carolina
Lacrosse Big East leaders!

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 06:51PM

Donated, now that i can. When i needed RFM we were broke, had a 2 yr old mid=life baby and dh was starting a new mid life career after full=time college. I also had a huge problem with contamination ocd.

RFM gave me hope, knowledge, validation and a good laugh now and again.

And it is true what everyone here says- life does get better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2018 06:53PM by karin.

Date: April 15, 2018 05:51AM

I'm glad you're doing well.

I hope no one worries if they can't donate just now. There's always a better time. Take heart.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 08:14PM

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 08:26PM

Looks like we are in good shape. With donations via Paypal adding to the $750 that was already in the account and checks that are mailed, we are good for another year when we get a few more donations on Sunday. Thanks so much. I was a little worried as it started slowly.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 08:46PM

Stuff a dollar bill into a piggy bank once a week and then donate $50 next April!!!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 08:51PM

Question Eric or others....

When I click on the donate button it brings up a PayPal page.

I do not have a PayPal account. I don't see any indicators showing me it is a secure address or padlocks or anything that I'm used to seeing.

Question- do I have to open a PayPal account to donate that way?

Wondering how protected credit card info would be going through that link without having an account.

Can anyone educate me?

(I'll probably just write a check and send it on Monday. Add $200 to your tally.)

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 09:00PM

Dagny, there is a degree of protection based on the desire of the website (the bigger it is, they more they spend on protection) to maintain it's reputation.

The best protection is to use a credit card, vs. a debit card, because the process to recovery of any fraudulently obtained funds is so much easier. And for goodness sakes, sign up for any 'fraud alert' service your banking or credit card company offers, so that if the record shows all your activity is in Des Moines, they'll contact you if a charge shows up coming from Chagrin Falls.

Virtually nothing now days involving money is without risk but one should put some effort into limiting that risk. Even checks aren't all that secure!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 09:08PM

True. I do most of that. I just don't like putting my credit card number out on multiple sites of I don't need to.

(I'm still pissed at Experian breach especially.)

I was mostly wondering if there is better security if you have a PayPal account as opposed to donating without one.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 10:04AM

dagny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was mostly wondering if there is better security
> if you have a PayPal account as opposed to
> donating without one.

No. No difference.
The page that first comes up isn't where you put in your card, though. Once you click through to donate, it *is* a fully encrypted, "safe" page. It's as secure as the web can be (which basically means that nobody can "intercept" your submission to grab your card info, as the entire web transaction is encrypted. PayPal will have your credit card and other info, but as long as their database isn't breached, nobody else will.)

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 10:51PM

up

Date: April 15, 2018 08:23AM

I'm sure every donation helps, be it one dollar or many. Please consider helping Eric and other fellow exmos with whatever seems reasonable.

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 03:57PM

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 04:32PM

Just wondering—-how much does PayPal deduct from our contributions? Is there a method that you prefer?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2018 02:04AM by kathleen.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 07:25AM

Kathleen,

This is from Paypal's own site info:

There's no fee to use PayPal to purchase goods or services. However, if you receive money for goods or services (such as from selling an item on eBay), the fee for each transaction is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD of the amount you receive.

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 10:56PM

TOPPER

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 07:13AM

We have met our goal for the year. We have nearly $2500 not counting the mail in donations which most likely will take us a few months longer. Thanks! I also appreciate the notes on how the site has helped. I hope the other admins see those.

Eric

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 10:00AM

Keep it up! Very glad that "We're good for another year!"

Date: April 16, 2018 02:39PM

You've helped thousands of good exmos over the years and I'm sure you've saved marriages, family relationships, and lives. I'm glad we're set to go on for another year plus!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 02:56PM

Hurray!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.