Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 09:53AM

"David Meade tells the U.K.’s Daily Express newspaper that on April 23, the sun and moon will be in Virgo, as will Jupiter, which represents the Messiah.

For a certain branch of evangelical Christianity, Revelation 12:1–2 describes the beginning of what is known as the Rapture and the second coming of Christ.

The passage reads: “And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of 12 stars. She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth.”
In the passage, the woman is represented as Virgo.

According to Meade, the alignment represents “the Lion of the tribe of Judah,” marking the Rapture, the belief that Christ will bring the faithful into paradise prior to a period of tribulation on earth that precedes the end of time.

Meade said he believes the so-called Planet X, which is also known as Nibiru, will appear above the sky on the April date, causing volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and earthquakes."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 10:16AM

There is an amazing similarity that is true for all end-of-world predictions: they’re always wrong.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 10:52AM

I don't know about the righteous, but if all the self-righteous TBM's were raptured, it would sure be a lot easier to find a parking spot in Utah.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 11:22AM

My translation is that the woman is like the early church, and the child was Jesus when he was born.

It refers to 2018 years ago

Imo.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 01:58PM

^^^

he's-right-you-know . gif

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 11:37AM

“And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of 12 stars. She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth.”

What I notice is that this is very generic. Christians take great stock in it because it is from the Bible--if you remind them that it is. So few know their Bible except to say it's the word of God. Mormons would be clueless most of them--too busy quoting Alma the Younger or Moroni or their prophet du jour.

So, if you showed them that prophecy printed out in any other source from any other religion they would laugh at how ridiculous it is. You could lead them to believe it was about the Roman or Greek Gods, or something from Osiris or Horace, and they, the Christians, would find it absurd, laughable, or put it down as at the least, naive and ancient myth, nothing more.

I used to like to have a little themed party to celebrate the Apocolypses but there have just been too many lately. Going to skip this one.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 12:40PM

Reminds me of that Johnny Hart, B.C. comic strip guy that always carried "The End is Near" sign.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 01:15PM

I'm ready...again

Posted by: MRM ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 01:34PM

My translation is John was roaming the desert eating locus and poppy plants when he wrote Revelations. He was high on poppy plants is the only way to explain Revelations.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 02:25PM

Or had a little too much of the kosher beer “He-brew”.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 03:12PM

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 01:42PM

The present is constantly ending.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 01:56PM

Which"certain branch of evangelical Christianity" is that? Personally I don't put much stock in such predictions. I think it would be appropriate on St. George's Day and it would save me the neck vertebrae shot I am not looking forward go on that day.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 02:14PM

The Book of Revelations is most likely a recounting of previous events and has nothing to do with the future.

2000 years ago no one dared write something like "Rome and its emperors suck", so the writers couched Revelations into the future.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 04:30PM

Apocapalooza Now

Only a fool would fail to prepare
Having been told of the threat
Who tells his loved ones that he won’t care
If they second coming to death?

Armies are massed in the north and east
Aimed at Jerusalem
Watching their prey with the eyes of a beast
The Chinese and Russian men

Best to have food and some ammo and guns
Don’t wait until it’s too late
Stockpile enough goods for everyone
Apocapalooza awaits

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2018 04:31PM by donbagley.

Posted by: Backseater ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 03:06PM

Here's a link to a collection of end-of-world cartoons.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=end+of+world+cartoon&fr=yset_chr_syc_hp-s&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cartoonaday.com%2Fimages%2Fcartoons%2F2011%2F05%2Fend-of-the-world-cartoon-598x487.jpg#id=63&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marcusword.com%2Fimages%2FArticles%2Fend-of-the-world-2012-cartoon-drawing.jpg&action=click

Actually the end of the world is big business. Many televangelests and even some more respectable mainstream ministers have preached up Armageddon, the Rapture, etc. in accordance with the well-known religio-political principle: "If you can get people scared, they will send you money."

Even I believe in the end of the world--but there's absolutely nothing I can do about it, so I just try to do the best I can in the meantime.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 03:09PM

"There will never be a future! All you can ever have is 'now'!!"
-- Judic West, Count of Monte Crisco, Frier of Blooming Onions

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 03:18PM

When the Lord comes to collect his self-righteous I wish he would carry their trash that has collected in our oceans and their food storage that is rotting in their basements. Then when they are gone the unrighteous of us who remain will have a cleaner environment and less work to do repairing the earth that they are so eager to leave behind. They seem to believe that caring for our planet is unnecessary since they will be rescued from their messes by god.

Date: April 15, 2018 03:20PM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 05:48PM

Please tell us about Erlich and Gore.

Date: April 15, 2018 09:54PM

Erlich wrote "The Population Bomb" back in the 60s. We all starved to death sometime before the turn of the milenium. AL-gore has us all under water now, or at least all the coast cities. I'm stocking up on Soyent Green long-term food storage in water-tight containers. ;-)

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 07:28PM

Will something actually happen on the 23rd? The last few apocalypses have been rather dull.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 09:26PM

The end will come when Putin or Kim Jong Un or their successors or an outlaw regime they supplies with Nukes....or if Trump decides we need a Doctor Strangelove moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2018 10:24PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 09:45PM

"Every end is a new beginning! That will be $19.99, please."
-- Judic West, Royal Entrepreneur to the House of Windsor

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.