Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 11:53AM

His handlers got him the heck outta Dodge-er-Israel.

Seems to me they should have anticipated this and not even gone there right now. It's not like this action wasn't talked about for days.

How many members are in that country? Like less than 300? Why is he there in the first place?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: angela ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 11:58AM

BYU Jerusalem Center.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 12:22PM

He knows God doesn’t have his back.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 01:04PM

Babyloncansuckit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He knows God doesn’t have his back.

Nice, love it.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 12:37PM

Gee- you'd think a "prophet" would've seen that coming.

Posted by: Zedhead ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 12:56PM

Now in all fairness to President Nelson...not even God can predict what Trump is going to do next. Not even Trump can predict what Trump is going to do next.

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 03:23PM

Zedhead Wrote:
Now in all fairness to President Nelson...not even God can predict what Trump is going to do next. Not even Trump can predict what Trump is going to do next.
================================

Reeeeaally?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CL2mfrHpuEk

I don't see a problem.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 01:16PM

So convenient he can just pick up and leave. Not Israelis. That is their home. Where's his faith in all this?

Did he check it upon entrance to the Holy Land? Considering his entourage, all the support staff, spouses, security detail, and other GA's they're traveling with - this trip is costing well into the hundreds of thousands of dollars if not more.

What's a detour to them? They aren't paying for any of it. Probably staying in five-star hotels, eating at the finest restaurants. Seeing all the hot tourist sites on their itinerary. In their puffed up, self-exalted state of being. They can live it up there or someplace else (Europe next?) on the company dime. It isn't costing them one red cent. Or shekel.

TSCC is footing their bill in its entirety from the tithes of the faithfully deceived and deluded.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2018 01:17PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: janis ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 10:38PM

Too bad those 18 yo missionaries don't have the option to hop on a plane and get the hell out when things get dangerous. Nope. Gotta stay and stick it out. God and your underwear will protect you.

Date: April 15, 2018 08:12AM

janis Wrote:
> Too bad those 18 yo missionaries don't have the
> option to hop on a plane and get the hell out when
> things get dangerous. Nope. Gotta stay and stick
> it out. God and your underwear will protect you.

It is a tad ironic and hypocritical for their press office to say they're going to be just fine. When the leaders themselves get out as fast as their feet will carry them.

That's as cowardly an action as it gets. Stewardship? Who's responsible for the safety of those kids? Nobody. They say "trust God to protect them," when they don't have the same faith for themselves. Just throwing them under the bus.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 01:47PM

Did the cult evacuate its other personnel? What about the people manning the BYU Center, and their families? What about the other Mormons?

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 03:39PM

A real prophet would have gone to Syria to promote peace.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 08:57PM

Yep!

M@t

Date: April 14, 2018 04:21PM

There were app 300 students and members of TSCC attending the conference they held at the BYU-Jerusalem center. The students live in the facility itself. The church official position is that the "students are safe" there. It isn't considered safe enough for Nelson or his entourage to remain.

Kind of like how they send kids as missionaries all over the world to danger zones, and that's okay. But you won't see them traveling to the same places under the same conditions.

It's cowardice IMO. And they are Candy Asses.

"Students at the church’s BYU Jerusalem Center will remain in Jerusalem, where they are safe in the eight-level building set on five acres on Mount Scopus, overlooking the Mount of Olives and the Old City.

Elder Jeffrey R. Holland who accompanied President Nelson on the tour, said the church is very conservative and would never put President Nelson, those traveling with him or students at the BYU Jerusalem Center at risk." (And yet they ARE leaving the students at the Jerusalem center *at risk.*) LIARS.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900015841/president-nelson-cancels-visits-to-local-sites-leaves-jerusalem-as-tensions-rise-in-middle-east.html

Posted by: Bamboozled 6DJNW ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 05:55PM

Ah, they blew their chance of laying dead in the streets of Jerusalem for three days and ushering in the 2nd Coming.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 06:37PM

I know what your saying but if there's anything to that sign of the 2nd coming wouldn't it require real prophets?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 06:25PM

Shinehah Wrote:
> I know what your saying but if there's anything to
> that sign of the 2nd coming wouldn't it require
> real prophets?

If they really believed what they were peddling, they'd think they WERE "real prophets." Clearly they don't actually believe what they're peddling...

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 06:38PM

It shows that they really only care about themselves, living it up in a 5 Star hotel , not even trying to experience what it’s like to live there as an ordinary citizen, who live Day to Day in possibly harms way . They’d never last in the real everyday Israel, that everyone else has to, no instant escape for them.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 08:02PM

Dear PROPHET NELSON, why didn't you see the unfolding events in the Middle East? Arent you supposed to be THE Prophet for the entire world? Frankly sir, you prophesying skills suck!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 08:26PM

President Nelson is using his own good common sense when evaluating a scheduled trip to the Middle East at this time. He made a prudent decision which is quite understandable under the circumstances.

Unfortunately, young missionaries for his church are often bullied into making decisions that are not in their own best interest when it comes to their health, safety, and welfare. Just today I was reading on another board about a RM who was discouraged from coming home for needed surgery (which was strongly recommended by his mission physician) by his MP -- and who has suffered a years of pain and follow-up surgeries as a result. We have often heard of missionaries who have been encouraged to ignore or delay treatment of urgent medical matters. We have heard from RMs who have been placed into highly unsanitary, unsafe, or even life-threatening conditions.

So President Nelson is free to use his own good judgement when it comes to his own health and safety, but his minions are dependent upon the often faulty judgements of their leaders -- because, "follow the leader."

Missionaries (and Mormons in general) are foolish in the extreme to put their health, safety, and welfare into the hands of church leaders given such proven indifference.

Date: April 14, 2018 11:36PM

Dang, that is some prime real estate holding TSCC owns w/BYU-Jerusalem. It has to be worth a fortune!

Overlooking the city of Jerusalem, and can see the Temple Mount from there. Must make Holland and Nelson smug as a couple of bugs in a rug purveying their slice of the Israeli skyline.

But I didn't see a single Jew anywhere near their center, or in their company. Or the small gathering of Mormons that were there this morning before Nelson and Company departed Israel for greener pastures in Africa.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 11:44PM

As mentioned earlier, I invited RMN to my place, on his way home;

maybe now he'll have time!

waiting, waiting, ...

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 12:06AM

So, when is TSCC going to build the Israel, Jerusalem temple?

Wait. What?

Date: April 15, 2018 12:23AM

It's the BYU center there, already built. It will double as a temple during Christ's Millennial reign.

Because the Jews will no way no how allow any other religion to build a temple there but themselves.

The Mormons are just biding their time, waiting for the end times, to make their move. It will christen the BYU center as a LDS temple (or consecrate it as such,) and that will be that.

Easy peasy. ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2018 12:24AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 01:42AM

That's the impression I got when I went through the BYU Jerusalem Center. They built a temple and not a campus. It's a very expensive building and the location is right next to the Mount of Olives. For being such a revered religious location the neighborhood around there is really ratty.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 12:38AM

He doesn't trust his armor/garmies to protect his ass!!

Date: April 15, 2018 01:51AM

Can you imagine the headlines?

Mormon president and cronies captured in Jerusalem by Syrian forces. Yeah, I hear the earth quake.

I hope the rest of their world tour is as uneventful as their time in Jerusalem.

Not sure that Kenya or Zimbabwe will be any safer than where they left.

Date: April 15, 2018 02:07AM

Any ground-breaking for buildings?

Any revelations?

Any Anything on this trip?

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 01:19PM

After sleeping on it, I'm angrier this morning and will add to the "pile on"--if this guy really is the Living Prophet of Christ's Only True and Restored Church on Earth, then he's doing a piss-poor job of talking with the Lord!!

Unless ol' Russ sent his wife out of the room so Jesus could revelate to him: "Dude, get the hell outta town, 'cause a shitstorm is about to rain down."

On the other hand, Jesus should have said: "Stay put bro', yer totally cool here in J'town, 'cause I got yer back."

Either way, he's a wiener for leaving, *and/or* not-a-prophet because he didn't know that nothing would happen...

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 01:24PM

All of this happened that the scripture might be fulfilled that the prophet must be whisked into heaven in a 757 prior to the great and dreadful day of the Lord.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 01:32PM

"I was raised with old fashioned values. I can’t tell you how many times my mother told me “You can’t just bomb Syria every time your lawyer might get arrested.”

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 09:36PM

A man as important as Nelson would certainly assume all the missiles were pointed at him.

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 06:16PM

Why doesn't Nelson visit the Holy Land and Holy sites of the Book Of Mormon People? He's living on the right continent for it already.

hahaha

Date: April 17, 2018 02:12AM

Where is the armored car?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 04:34AM

He went to Africa and told the poor that the only way to break their cycle of poverty is to pay the Mormon church a tithe. How goddam colonial is that?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.