Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 12:53PM

Good Morning/Afternoon!!! It is a beautiful muggy day today in Eastern North Carolina. I just got back from church and did some dishes, made a sandwich so I can take some Ibuprofen for my hip. It is bothering a bit today because of the weather we are going to be having today.

My plan for the rest of the day is to do homework so I can get ahead and not have to worry about later on in the week. Tonight, I have fellowship time at church before Bible study and then I got the rest of the night to myself.

So what is everyone else's plans for the day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 01:04PM

Culling books...

The GOOD (to me!!) news is that I am visibly near the completion of this process...

...but since I've been culling books (plus: files...periodicals...photographs...consolidated family memorabilia going back to the mid-1800s) for over a year now (we closed our book warehouse last year)...

...I am really tired of this and ready to be "done"...

...HOWEVER: there are still several bookcases of books yet to be culled.

Nevertheless, with every passing day, I am now, every day, visibly closer to "The End" of the process.

Happy Sunday, everyone!!!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 01:06PM

I haven't been told yet...

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 06:53PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I haven't been told yet...

oh that was funny. my sides are aching from all the laughter.

Stop Stop.

Date: April 15, 2018 06:56PM

I'm so lucky, A person who shall remain nameless made lunch for

me. Then I took a nap. Life is good.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 01:08PM

Coffee with Almond Joy creamer and then catching up with a friend later on.

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 01:25PM

Relaxing with some coffee, then going for an oil change this afternoon.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 01:26PM

Greeting, Kat! Sounds like you have a happy and productive agenda for today! This morning I cleaned, went to the store. Now I am happily taking care of my little grandbaby! It's warm and overcast where I am in SC. It will eventually rain on the petunias and periwinkles I planted yesterday. Life is good. :^}

Posted by: Backseater ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 01:26PM

Biking this morning in a few minutes (191 miles since the first of the year, about 199 when I get back); finishing up the state income tax after lunch (always a pleasure); then the sports bar poker league this evening.
I decided to skip the Unitarians today; they've been getting more political lately....
Happy Sunday activities to all mos, exmos, and nevermos.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 02:19PM

In Austin with a few days off. Today is lounging at hotel, watching the talking heads.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 02:31PM

Snowed in 14+ inches so far this weekend. Plow service should be here soon. Have to love spring in Minnesota. The closing crawl on tv has been for churches today.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 02:32PM

I just discovered that Despicable Me-3 is on Netflix!

Everything important about life, I learned from cartoons.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 02:54PM

These posts remind me how repetitive and boring my life has become. But it's still better than going to the LDS church on Sunday. Watching paint dry is better than that.

Posted by: dinosaurprincess ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 11:20PM

Lol we painted our room today. Can confirm, it was better than church by far.

Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 02:56PM

It's a beautiful 62 degrees and partly cloudy here in my neck of CA. Just finished a workout, then off to my son's T-Ball game! I love Sundays!

Posted by: anonandanon ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 03:29PM

Twenty-five days, or three weeks, into Spring and we are in another snow storm. Planning my escape to Margaritaville and Key WEst, FL.

Posted by: MeM ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 03:28PM

Great hiking weather here this morning.
Here's a couple of things I didn't do: didn't get out of bed for the 7AM stake priesthood meeting to hear about ministering. Then I didn't sit around until the Ward meetings that start at 1PM and last until 4. Life is good!

Posted by: dp ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 10:17PM

I got out of bed at 7 to walk the dog, then went (by myself; the dog's too old) on a nice long hike. First one of the season. Yay!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 10:37PM

Yabba dabba doo!

:)

Posted by: Southern Exmo ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 03:50PM

i ran 20 miles yesterday.

Today, I slept last 2 in the afternoon. I feel great!

Date: April 16, 2018 02:34PM

Southern Exmo Wrote:
> i ran 20 miles yesterday.
>
> Today, I slept last 2 in the afternoon. I feel
> great!

I'm applauding you... twenty miles is a killer.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 03:55PM

BD today, dinner with family this evening.

No 1001000

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2018 03:57PM by tumwater.

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 05:02PM

Stanley cup playoffs

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 05:30PM

We were hit with an ice storm overnight. So I woke up today to freezing snow on the driveway, sidewalk, and car. It's turning into slush as the day progressed, but is still very chilly outside what with windchill.

Couldn't stay inside all day due to cabin fever. So out I ventured into the metropolis that is my home. Starting with a haircut at my hair place. It was fortuitous no one else was there when I arrived, so NO WAIT TIME. Tee hee, one advantage of going out on a day like today. The salon was very nearly ready to close when I got there because it had been so slow. Then after I arrived other patrons did too. So maybe it won't be a total loss for them. :)

Then my other errands before heading back home. Only too happy to return to my warm winter quarters and give thanks for my blessings.

Although a temporary filling fell out yesterday from a root canal. So am being very careful not to eat on that side until can get to my dentist and get it fixed. Oya vey. It's always something!

Date: April 16, 2018 09:55AM

I know right!!! That is how I have been feeling these past few months.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 06:32PM

Coffee, coffee, coffee...and soon....Canadian Whisky.

Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 10:41PM

It was in the low 80’s in my neck of the woods today. Woke up early, did some yard work, took a shower, had late morning sex/nap, picked up my son for his weekly “do laundry and have lunch at dad’s” visit, grilled some cheeseburgers, watched NBA Playoffs and worked out with my son. I just got back from dropping him back off at his place (he has a developmental disability but has a job and his own place). Right now I am taking a break from building three custom frames in my workshop/garage (Frame #1 - 24” x 36” poster of Brett Favre w/ an autographed Favre mini helmet, Frame #2 - 24” x 36” poster of Mike Trout w/ an autographed Trout baseball, Frame #3 - Frame to hold pic of Chuck Norris with mounted autographed Norris boxing glove).

While I am typing away, with a mix of songs from youtube playing, this classic just came on. Pretty cool to see all the parts played out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkM71JPHfjk

Soon I’ll scrounge up some dinner, either go for a couple mile run or bike ride, watch some Netflix and then call it a day.

Posted by: dinosaurprincess ( )
Date: April 15, 2018 11:17PM

It was a gorgeous day out in Utah. We planted a bunch of flowers, set a trap for whatever critter has been eating our poor rhubarb plants, and painted our master bedroom a happy, golden buttery yellow. Super productive Sunday.

Posted by: MexMom ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 12:48AM

Had a fun Sunday brunch at home with nevermo hubby and our grown exmo children. Never even thought of church or anything Mormon related all day. Ahhhhhh pure bliss to be free of the cult and to enjoy our beautiful children together on such a lovely Bay Area spring day. Visited for several hours and hugged and kissed our goodbyes until next time. Later, went to my friend's art studio and painted a bit with another friend, then out to dinner.
Will finish reading a book to close out a terrific day. Thanks for the opportunity to reflect on this day. Loved hearing your stories. Enjoy a great week all....

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 01:14AM

MexMom Wrote:
> Had a fun Sunday brunch at home with nevermo hubby
> and our grown exmo children. Never even thought
> of church or anything Mormon related all day.
> Ahhhhhh pure bliss to be free of the cult and to
> enjoy our beautiful children together on such a
> lovely Bay Area spring day. Visited for several
> hours and hugged and kissed our goodbyes until
> next time. Later, went to my friend's art studio
> and painted a bit with another friend, then out to
> dinner.
> Will finish reading a book to close out a terrific
> day. Thanks for the opportunity to reflect on
> this day. Loved hearing your stories. Enjoy a
> great week all....

What a great day for all of you, MexMom!!

Sounds like the kind of day that lingers in memory for years and years and years...

:)

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 02:33AM

Did my laundry, watched some of the Stanley cup playoffs, wrote a script for a three minute demonstration of the Stanislavski method of acting for a class, and looking to see if anything good is on Netflix.

Posted by: escapee nli ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 04:13AM

I spent the day with my dad, getting photos out, as part of a larger project. Pop wants to get them organized, so we will know who the people are. Pop is 90, so we want to get this done. Today we just hunted down the photos and left them out.

My goal is to get the photos scanned, putting some into a genealogy program, and making DVDs to pass out to siblings.

I'm ex-Mo, my dad is Catholic, so this is not a Mormon thing.

As a bonus, Pop told me the story of how he broke his arm when he was 6-7 years old and his much older brother took him to the hospital in the 1930s.

My brother came over later, to help put boxes away. The local burger shack has opened for the season, so we ordered tenderloins for supper. They have the best tenderloins!

All in all a very good day!

Other Susan

Date: April 16, 2018 09:54AM

I love doing genealogy and I am a nevermo. I think my desire stems from being adopted and wanting to know who my biological dad's side of the family was.

Posted by: mormon nomor ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 05:29AM

Admiring uninspired contributions by modern intellectuals.

“If you're looking for sympathy you'll find it between shit and syphilis in the dictionary.”

- David Sedaris

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 09:51AM

My mother's favorite response when we were being whiny

Date: April 16, 2018 02:29PM

That's great! I'll have to remember the dictionary thing and use it! I can't stand whiney people.

Date: April 16, 2018 02:33PM

Wait a minute though. Why was the "sympathy" saying here when the topic is what you did on Sunday? Probably I missed something.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 10:08AM

It was my sister's birthday, so we had a lovely birthday dinner for her. We've pretty much been stranded for the last three days due to ice. Many of us at the office, including myself, are taking a snow day today, or working from home. Despite a promised warm-up, which hasn't yet materialized, it's still bad out there.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 02:41PM

Then my boyfriend and I took a long ride up through Logan Canyon, past Bear Lake, and then we were going to drive down Monte Cristo and end up in Huntsville, but Monte Cristo is still closed, so we ended up going over to Evanston and down into Ogden that way.

Then we went to dinner in the evening.

Posted by: hailtonoprophet ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 03:32PM

I went shopping, for my mormon dad.

Posted by: enigma ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 03:35PM

Rolled out of bed very lazily and had a leisurely morning. Then the wife went tanning and we went to dinner at the Tin Roof Grill and then saw a movie.

Sundays are GREAT in Utah because there's hardly anyone around.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.