Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 12:22AM

I usually greatly hesitate to use the word Proof, it really only applies in a legal setting, But:

Do we know of any case where tscc bought land, say near a temple-to-be location. Which was sold (soon) after a temple was announced?

as much documentation as possible, Please...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 06:10AM

Is that like them knowing where schools are going to be built and buying land next door ?

Posted by: MRM ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 08:11AM

The church bought additional land around the Dallas temple and plotted the excess land into lots for homes.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 12:07AM

around the land where the American Fork and Provo temples were built, who told me that the price for plots zoned for housing was enormously jacked up with the expectation (eventually and predictably realized) that well-to-do Mormons would pay these ridiculous prices for the saintly stature it brought them in living in the glorious glow of the Unholy House of the LDS Loot-‘em Lord.

Essentially, the story goes, temples were used as spearheads for housing developers to attract buyers who would serve to help them rake in moolah in tne name of the Messiah. I know some of the sources on this matter quite well but am not sure they would want to go on the record about this prophetless profiteering.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MEaJYeRpl1g#

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2018 12:56AM by steve benson.

Posted by: mankosuki ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 08:49PM

I don't have any "paperwork" or been to the county assessor office, but if you'll Google Earth the Cedar City temple site (you can specify dates you want to see) Zoom in to a fairly low altitude and you can see where it is physically built now, that the entire area has soil testing exploration digs all over the hillside. To the north of the temple. This exploration was done about the time or maybe just before it was announced in GC. Seems logical that the whole area was church owned.
As the open house started there was a sign on the hillside advertising for lots on the undeveloped land adjacent to the temple. It listed a SLC #. The very same area that they were soil testing before they built the temple.
The sign was only up for a few days and then disappeared. I'm assuming that all the lots sold. Purchased by either by a developer with $$ or maybe individually.
Now, there is heavy machinery on the hillside and it's being graded for a new road. Lot prices would've been some of the premium prices in Cedar City.
Church made a killing in this instance, IMHO.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.