Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 11:29AM

I am not giving up on this even though they checked my gallbladder and appendix out yesterday. Is there a way to test all the organs at once? I am definitely going to see my doc about checking out my lungs. Just curious if there was a way to test them all somehow at one time with a blood or urine test or something. I am way out of my field here just don't want pain in the chest anymore that's all. Does lung cancer cause pain? I did smoke for about six years and quite heavily at the time. Always was afraid to check my lungs because of the smoking.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 11:41AM

I can only wish you well and hope you can endure and recover. Take care.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 12:01PM

Cheryl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can only wish you well and hope you can endure
> and recover. Take care.

I can only blame myself but i do blame the church also. I would have cared about myself if i had not been born in that religion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 11:44AM

No, there's no way to examine all of them at once.
Different tests/methods for different organs.

Stick with what the professionals are recommending to find the cause of your pain. But be persistent -- sometimes they think they have it solved when they don't. Let them know if you're still having pain!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 11:58AM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No, there's no way to examine all of them at
> once.
> Different tests/methods for different organs.
>
> Stick with what the professionals are recommending
> to find the cause of your pain. But be persistent
> -- sometimes they think they have it solved when
> they don't. Let them know if you're still having
> pain!

I am a persistent b@stard. I have only been wrong a few times when it comes to pain. Most times pain is not imaginary like doctors in the past have made me believe. It is usually caused by a structural problem of some kind.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 11:51AM

It's called an autopsy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 11:59AM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's called an autopsy.

Not dead quite yet haha but came close a couple times in the past.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 12:05PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's called an autopsy.

Oops, Dave's right. I should have qualified my statement above with "...while alive." :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Notelling ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 12:15PM

Did they do the HIDA scan on your gallbladder? Not saying that is the problem, but I had to ask for that test, they didn't do it because all previous tests showed nothing wrong with my gallbladder.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 12:28PM

Notelling Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did they do the HIDA scan on your gallbladder?
> Not saying that is the problem, but I had to ask
> for that test, they didn't do it because all
> previous tests showed nothing wrong with my
> gallbladder.

I don't think they did that test. I think they just did a urine test and drew some blood. I just saw my primary doc's assistant and she thinks i have costichondritus i think the name is for my chest pain. Something about the rib cartilage.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 12:40PM

Inflammation of cartilage in the chest (that connects the ribs to the sternum/breastbone).

Summer's advice seems apt. See your primary care physician for a thorough assessment. Don't fracture care by seeing multiple practitioners at various locations, except with his/her advice. I've been through that with a relative and in our case it detracted mightily from care. Each one saw their tiny bit and no-one saw the entire picture, causing delay in diagnosis and needless illness. If you have to go to ER follow up with primary care MD. That can ensure that your medical record is complete (drs don't always share records automatically) and that you receive ongoing care with the big picture in mind.

For whatever part the church played in whatever ails you (and all BICs and some converts and associates like spouses) there is a way to move on. That is one of the primary messages of this board, after all. It could be beneficial to soak up the collective wisdom of those who have walked the same path.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 12:54PM

It felt like a serious thing yesterday so i went to the ER because i knew gallbladder issues run in my family and it nearly killed my father with all his gallstones. Went to my primary doc today and she diagnosed it with the costochindritus and she is pretty sure that that is what it is. Just don't want to have a lung problem without knowing it. Yea being born in the church does play a factor in my pyschological problems and i know that as well. I still do therapy for that every week as well. Getting the courage to live an actual life without any religion is tough at least at first. Some people take more damage from religion than others that's for sure. I got messed with pretty bad in life, no secret there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 01:23PM

I didn't mean don't go to ER at all. Sometimes it's the best alternative. But keep in touch with primary care as well so one practitioner has all available info. At least here in Canada the GP is the one who is supposed to see the overview. Specialists (usually) focus almost entirely on just their small part of it. Somebody needs to pull it all together.

Of course it's good to see specialists in every area that you need to, such as the psychologist. A multi-pronged approach is often the way to go, everybody weighing in on their piece of it.

In the end, it's often the affected person themselves who can best keep track of how things are going. Ask questions. Make sure immediate concerns are being addressed. Prioritize concerns. Work on them in priority order, more than one at once if possible. Like a jigsaw, hopefully at some point the bits all come together. It's worth the effort to get to the point of being as healthy as possible in every sphere and, despite the life problems we've had or those to come, enjoy life as well as dealing with all its snarly ways.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 03:10PM

I have been trying to deal with each issue one at a time the best i can. Whatever hurts the most is what i deal with.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 12:35PM

"Pain" is registered in the head.

There is literally miles of "wiring" between torso and head; and even more wiring in the head.
"Pain" signal could be from anywhere in that system.

If Pain didn't end up in the head, we wouldn't know we had it. It's real, alright - and so are dreams when we are dreaming.
So keep an open mind, who cares where it comes from, all that matters in the end is relief. Right?

So yah - agreement with hiekolob, work with the pros, Ace



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2018 12:36PM by zenjamin.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jane Cannary ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 03:47PM

Hmm, so the source could actually be a pain in his ass?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 06:44PM

His handle would imply that his ass is indeed bad, so you could be right :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 12:00PM

Jonny the Smoke Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> His handle would imply that his ass is indeed bad,
> so you could be right :)

I've been told that i have a good ass haha i crack myself up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 03:02PM

I've had both costochondritis and gallbladder issues. Gallbladder attacts cause intense, unrelenting pain. I've had serveral kids and I honestly would rather be in labor than have the pain of another gallbladder attack. I finally had my gallbladder removed.

My costochondritis pain was certainly painful, but not the intense pain that my gallbladder caused. It was most painful for me at night. I had a hard time finding a comfortable sleeping position.

I suffered for nearly a year with costochondritis with not a lot of help from my doctor. I was researching online one day and found something that said that low vitamin D levels can cause costochondritis. I figured I had nothing to lose and started to take a vitamin D supplement. The pain went away pretty quickly. As long as I'm good about taking a supplement, the pain stays away.

Of course, this is just my experience and I'm no medical expert. But I think you mentioned in a previous post that your vitamin D levels are low. So if you're pain is caused by costochondritis, the low vitamin level could be playing a part in it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 03:14PM

want2bx Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've had both costochondritis and gallbladder
> issues. Gallbladder attacts cause intense,
> unrelenting pain. I've had serveral kids and I
> honestly would rather be in labor than have the
> pain of another gallbladder attack. I finally had
> my gallbladder removed.
>
> My costochondritis pain was certainly painful, but
> not the intense pain that my gallbladder caused.
> It was most painful for me at night. I had a hard
> time finding a comfortable sleeping position.
>
> I suffered for nearly a year with costochondritis
> with not a lot of help from my doctor. I was
> researching online one day and found something
> that said that low vitamin D levels can cause
> costochondritis. I figured I had nothing to lose
> and started to take a vitamin D supplement. The
> pain went away pretty quickly. As long as I'm good
> about taking a supplement, the pain stays away.
>
> Of course, this is just my experience and I'm no
> medical expert. But I think you mentioned in a
> previous post that your vitamin D levels are low.
> So if you're pain is caused by costochondritis,
> the low vitamin level could be playing a part in
> it.

My vitamin D levels used to be low at a 19 but now they are at a 59. I read about the connection between sternum pain and low vitamin D levels a few months back and have been taking vitamin D supplements ever since. My chest pain usually hurts the most after i wake up, it hurts to breathe and thats why i thought it was the lungs or something.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anon 3 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 03:22PM

When was the last time you had a physical?

You bring in all your meds, give over all your symptoms and let doctors take a fresh look at you? Establish a baseline...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 04:50PM

Anon 3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When was the last time you had a physical?
>
> You bring in all your meds, give over all your
> symptoms and let doctors take a fresh look at you?
> Establish a baseline...

Haven't had a physical in a long time i don't think. Isn't that when the doc touches your balls and says cough? Haha that's all i remember about it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: quidprostatusquo ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 04:31PM

Since no one else will say it: this site is not your personal journal or your personal google.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 04:56PM

quidprostatusquo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since no one else will say it: this site is not
> your personal journal or your personal google.


This is how you recover in my opinion. Talking about bishops and hookers does nothing for me. The bard said this would help me faster than anything so i thats why i keep typing. Above psychologists, counselors, and sometimes doctors. It takes rare people to truly understand the hell of mormonism.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 05:10PM

We are a community, and we often bring serious health issues to the table. It is not ever a problem.

Distancing oneself from the church can often (initially) be the cause of extreme stress. And other serious health issues have sometimes been blamed on a given exmo for lack of faith or "sinning." Yes, we have had numerous reports of families BLAMIMG exmos for getting sick. As if Mormons never get sick!

Recovery can have a lot of facets. We are here for each other.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 05:33PM

I would bet that many exmos have blamed health problems on god or the devil when neither are the cause after resigning.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 05:05PM

Badass, you're saying that you received a diagnosis of costochondritis? Did your PA (I assume that's who saw you) prescribe anything for it? It sounds like a reasonable diagnosis to me. If your PCP (primary care provider) prescribed medication or suggested treatment, I would give it a chance to work. If you are still feeling pain in a couple of weeks (or whatever interval your PCP suggested,) check back in.

In answer to your initial question, I've had CT scans taken of my abdomen and pelvis, and they saw a lot. The pelvic CT saw my appendix. The abdominal CT saw my liver, spleen, pancreas, gallbladder, adrenal glands, kidneys, spine, the lung bases, and more. The radiologist wrote detailed notes on all of my organs, so I know that the images were good. I will be having abdominal and pelvic ultrasounds/sonograms in the next couple of weeks to get an update.

Trust your PCP to order whatever tests are appropriate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 06:00PM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Badass, you're saying that you received a
> diagnosis of costochondritis? Did your PA (I
> assume that's who saw you) prescribe anything for
> it? It sounds like a reasonable diagnosis to me.
> If your PCP (primary care provider) prescribed
> medication or suggested treatment, I would give it
> a chance to work. If you are still feeling pain in
> a couple of weeks (or whatever interval your PCP
> suggested,) check back in.
>
> In answer to your initial question, I've had CT
> scans taken of my abdomen and pelvis, and they saw
> a lot. The pelvic CT saw my appendix. The
> abdominal CT saw my liver, spleen, pancreas,
> gallbladder, adrenal glands, kidneys, spine, the
> lung bases, and more. The radiologist wrote
> detailed notes on all of my organs, so I know that
> the images were good. I will be having abdominal
> and pelvic ultrasounds/sonograms in the next
> couple of weeks to get an update.
>
> Trust your PCP to order whatever tests are
> appropriate.

They took an X-ray and prescribed me prednisone. I still wonder if my throat stretching caused this or something.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 06:27PM

Good. The Prednisone should reduce the inflammation. Good luck!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anon 3 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 09:53PM

A prednisone pack? That will take care of alot of inflammation in your body!. Your back, knees, your chest but works wonders.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 01:58PM

Prednisone does have some side effects so be watching for them. Some people want to eat everything in sight, I lost my appetite the entire time I was on it.

It can also interrupt sleep patterns, so just be aware.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 05:32PM

Dammit, Badass, i just wish i could help you get healthy! The pain can be caused by numerous reasons, it may not be something serious.

Who am i going to joke around and compare jack-off stories with if you're not feeling well? Huh?

You’re an awesome man! In spite of the current issue, your health seems to be improving, certainly your mental health is stronger as you heal. Big Badass Hugs! The Boner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 05:57PM

I am making progress but you should have seen the shape i was in a year ago. I was typing on here in insane pain just waiting for surgeries to happen and hiding from religious people watching bard videos. My neck was a big one though. My ent doc finally decided to fix my hyoid bone spur that no doctor he talked to had ever seen before. This will be a big surgery for me because it represents a big event of my past that happened. I am fixing stuff from when i was a teenager haha gawd d@mn. I have had a lot of issues from the beginning and knew that this road would be tough and frustrating. Unfortunately there is no quick fixes for the body or the mind but i think i get more normal each day when i am in public. I am worried all the time, i need more time to fix stuff. I always have to wait a while in between each surgery. Maybe i just need more real friends in real life. I met some cool guys playing cards that i think would have my back if stuff went down. Even a guy i was locked up with said he would follow me into the gates of hell haha. We went through hell together. The bard said it would take 5-10 years to be normal and i am not even close to that. But my mind is functioning much faster than before. I think typing a lot helps me. If i wrote in a journal i would have written like 30 books by now. But yea i knew fixing myself would take a while boner from the beginning if i ever did get fixed. I have at least 3 more surgeries i have to get done still, i have to get them done because they are very painful and need to get as much done as i can while i have health insurance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 06:03PM

And i would love to joke with you boner as a healthy man. I would just love to exist in my body without severe pain of any kind or mental manipulation or suppression hanging over me like religion or family.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 06:08PM

And i am nervous as hell about re-entering the workforce.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 08:44PM

Being nervous is okay, anything new, or different, requires taking a leap of fsith that the endeavor is going to be productive and enjoyable. All jobs have BS, its how its handled.

I’m at the age where work provides me with purpose and enjoyment. It’s funny, Badass, because i’ll retire in a couple of years and i need to find a purpose to get out of bed. Knowing myself, i’ll need to be around people.

I’ve got quite a few younger friends, like you, in my circle. I think it’s hard to be a young person these days with all the electronics and instant knowledge. There’s something to be said about just hanging around, joking, and just being friends.

Here’s hoping the pain goes away and that your medical needs will be tsken care of. When you're feeling better, a Starbucks in Pokie is in order. Big hugs and a handshake in friendship! Da Bone

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 10:04PM

BYU Boner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Being nervous is okay, anything new, or different,
> requires taking a leap of fsith that the endeavor
> is going to be productive and enjoyable. All jobs
> have BS, its how its handled.
>
> I’m at the age where work provides me with
> purpose and enjoyment. It’s funny, Badass,
> because i’ll retire in a couple of years and i
> need to find a purpose to get out of bed. Knowing
> myself, i’ll need to be around people.
>
> I’ve got quite a few younger friends, like you,
> in my circle. I think it’s hard to be a young
> person these days with all the electronics and
> instant knowledge. There’s something to be said
> about just hanging around, joking, and just being
> friends.
>
> Here’s hoping the pain goes away and that your
> medical needs will be tsken care of. When you're
> feeling better, a Starbucks in Pokie is in order.
> Big hugs and a handshake in friendship! Da Bone

But not a secret handshake right boner? Haha. No secret handshakes in the badass circle. That nonsense is for god or wannabe gods. That is definitely a rule. Every injury i fix i think about what happened in my life to cause it. All these things i should have taken care of when i was younger but i was a kid and in mind controlling cult and family without even knowing it. Everyone frowned upon getting professional help in that religion. They all think they are normal and sane. If you need just a little help you are considered crazy and that label sticks with you forever believe me. But i do think i can get everything into tolerable levels of pain and become a real human being again in this body with more time and not just be a torcher subject or something. I love to just chill like i do when i play cards. Technology is useful for recovery stuff i will say that. There is a lot of stuff in my head that still needs to come out. I kept my mouth shut for a very long time while my family got to live their lives. But i never saw their lives as meaningful, they are in a robotic bubble that depresses me to just think about. I would have been a happy dude if i was not born into that religion boner. My friends and I were born into hell on earth with barely a shot in hell on living a normal life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 10:56PM

No secret handshakes, no funny underwear, no ministering, no prophecies, no visitation reports, no chasity gloves, no white shirts, and no bullshit—just loud laughter, bad language, and questionable conversation topics when the time is right.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 01:12AM

BYU Boner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No secret handshakes, no funny underwear, no
> ministering, no prophecies, no visitation reports,
> no chasity gloves, no white shirts, and no
> bullshit—just loud laughter, bad language, and
> questionable conversation topics when the time is
> right.

Hahaha thank gawd. Sounds like a badass group to be a part of.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 06:31PM

I am a little lost as well boner but i hate admitting it. I was lost in religion as well. I don't feel like i am a part of humanity yet or something.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 08:22PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 09:56PM

game: OPERATION

'nut said?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 10:07PM

GNPE1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> game: OPERATION
>
> 'nut said?

I am that operation guy haha. I might become the 100 million dollar badass.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 10:05PM

And like someone above said, it can be painful, but nothing like other pain. My rib cage always hurts if I touch it, especially around the edges. Since I was diagnosed with it, I've had shingles without the rash. That was really painful. I was on hydrocodone for it. It felt like my skin was stuck to my ribs and pulling off. The rib cage was sore, too.

But reflux is hell for me like I posted on another thread. I really did think I was having a heart attack the last time I so stupidly took ranitidine again. When you are having the pain, if you have any anti-anxiety medication, try taking it and see if that helps. That is what helps me. My doctor also wanted to do a dilation of my esophagus, but I refused as my pain comes and goes. I can go for months without it and then it is back.

Shingles without the rash you can feel your nerves if you touch the sore sports you are feeling. I put a Soalonpas patch on them when I first had them and that made it much worse. When I told the doctor, she said that the medicine on those patches irritates the inflamed nerve.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 10:11PM

I think i am dealing with reflux and the costichondritus thing at the same time. I have been taking ranitidine for the past two days but they said it was a good med but took a little while to work. So that med made you worse? I have buspirone anxiety med that i could take i guess. It is pretty dang confusing what to do for all this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Thanos ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 10:31PM

Have you ever had an echocardiogram?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 01:13AM

Thanos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have you ever had an echocardiogram?

Never even heard of that. What the heck is that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 06:19AM

It's an ultrasound image of your heart. Same thing they do for fetal images during pregnancy. Google will find you a ton of articles about it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 11:21AM

Brother Of Jerry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's an ultrasound image of your heart. Same thing
> they do for fetal images during pregnancy. Google
> will find you a ton of articles about it.

Don't think i have ever done that but i do have high blood pressure issues i know that much.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In


Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **    **   *******   **        ********   **     ** 
  **  **   **     **  **        **     **  **     ** 
   ****    **         **        **     **  **     ** 
    **     ********   **        ********   **     ** 
    **     **     **  **        **         **     ** 
    **     **     **  **        **         **     ** 
    **      *******   ********  **          *******