Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 12:18PM

Last Friday I was listening to a syndicated talk radio show by a somewhat conservative host in Texas (its the only thing on during my drive). A guy called in for some topic, don't recall what it was. After a short conversation, the host asked the caller if he was a "christian."

The caller replied, "I'm a mormon."

The host asked why he would answer like that, mormon, instead of christian. Caller replies with something about a falling a way and families can be together forever.

They chat a bit more and the host asked about the callers wife and her religion. Caller and wife are both converts, wife was catholic. Host asks if she is still catholic, caller says "no she's a mormon now......thank god!" and laughs.

Host asks about large mormon families....caller is 26 with 4 kids. Host asks if they'll have more, caller say's "no, we're done. By the time I'm your age (age of host) they'll all be out of the house, and we're going to party down!"

I pictured virgin jello shots and sherbet ice cream punch at that party.

So my take away's were (and probably the rest of the nation that heard it).....

1) Mormons don't identify as Christians.
2) Mormons don't like Catholics.
3) Mormons have a lot of kids at a young age.
4) When the kids are gone, mormon parents party down.

No wonder the world thinks what they do of mormons.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bill ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 12:26PM

It's always interesting to me to hear Mormons interact w/ the outside world. There is such a want to be accepted and viewed as normal.

Mormons, in my opinion, want to be regarded as Christian. This guy was an anomaly in this regard.

Weird display by the wife in laughing at Catholism, when her own religion now is so bat **** crazy. Yeah, laugh away you crazy foolish woman. That was the laugh of someone who is a few French fries short of a happy meal.

"no were' done...party down" - that's an attempt to sound normal, but they wouldn't say that out loud in a church meeting, and "party" in Mormonism is an attempt to use normal vernacular to make themselves sound normal. We all know Mormons to not party in the true sense - and they know that.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 12:25AM

Bill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's always interesting to me to hear Mormons
> interact w/ the outside world. There is such a
> want to be accepted and viewed as normal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xphnhNopWUo

> Mormons, in my opinion, want to be regarded as
> Christian.

.....Well except in that special instance when MORmONS can claim to be better than Christians..... which is all the time.... when MORmONS identify themselves they do NOT say "we are Christians" , they said " I am a MORmON !!!"

>
> Weird display by the wife in laughing at
> Catholism, when her own religion now is so bat
> **** crazy. Yeah, laugh away you crazy foolish
> woman. That was the laugh of someone who is a few
> French fries short of a happy meal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yCm4zFVIe0

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 01:03PM

Amusing. More Cool Whip anyone?

And I'm sure the guy thought that all who heard him were very impressed by him. So many Mormons always think the world sees them as special. Actually the world does see them as "special."

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 12:27AM

Well Done and Done

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.