Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon for this one ( )
Date: April 16, 2018 06:34PM

Please open your mail. My hands hurt. I'm not your secretary. 3/4 of the mail you give me is not applicable.

Give me your tax forms. All of them. Don't summarize them for me. I need the forms.

That is all for now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 04:42PM

LOL. Having done a lot of tax returns, I can totally relate.

And then there are the people who not only don't open their own envelopes, they won't put all the 2018 tax forms together in a single large envelope with their copy of their return, they put them all back in the original envelopes they came in, so if you need to look at a form again, you have to go fishing through those ****ing envelopes again. Including the N/A ones.

Envelopes are not sacred. They are just wrappers to get a form from point A to your house. There is nothing on the envelope that is not also on the form. Throw them out. They are an obstacle to seeing all the related forms for your return.

And don't tell me SS didn't send you a 1099. If they've been depositing your benefit checks, they know who you are and where you live. They sent you a 1099. You lost it or discarded it. And today is not the day to decide you need to get a replacement.

Gack. Reasons why I drink. Or should drink. Whatever.

edit: I had one woman who tried to deduct the cost of taking missionaries out to dinner as a charitable deduction. I wouldn't let her do that. A charity cannot be a specific individual (or pair of individuals in this case). She gave me the evil eye, but went along with it, because I wouldn't do her return otherwise, and she'd have to pay someone (who wouldn't allow that deduction either)

Good times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2018 04:48PM by Brother Of Jerry.

Posted by: Jane Cannary ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 06:05PM

Luckily you can get your 1099 online now. It's a pain to sign in -- they make you get a new code each time -- but it's a lifesaver if you lost something.

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: April 18, 2018 05:44PM

TSCC is really a business, so there.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 05:12PM

deer OPie,

plz stop posting on the Rfm an finish ziller's tax teruns thx ~

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 06:46PM

My idea of hell. :)

Posted by: PollyDee ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 10:44PM

I've been my own tax accountant all my life. Things have gotten a bit complicated over the years.... I sure could use a good secretary!

Posted by: blind mule ( )
Date: April 18, 2018 03:45PM

I pay my tax attorney good money, he doesn't mind it. keep up the good work

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 10:04PM

Deviating here, but I thought about what you said today when I threw a box in the recycling w/o crushing it first. Maybe those aren’t all mechanically crushed. Maybe someone has to rip them apart by hand. Recycling places hire a lot of handicapped folks. I want to make things easier for them especially.

There’s a lot we can do to make life easier for others.

Thanks for your thread, Anon.

Posted by: anon for this one ( )
Date: April 24, 2018 03:24PM

still hurts.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.