Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: April 18, 2018 10:18AM

https://ldschurchtemples.org/portauprince/construction/

It appears that they are using steel framing for the so-called "temple" in Haiti. That's much better than the wood framing they are STILL using on the McTemple kits.

And just like that.....another closure in Edmonton.

https://ldschurchtemples.org/edmonton/

Apparently there are different "temple standards"?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 18, 2018 10:29AM

From the Edmonton page:

"The Church has a rich history in Edmonton—a city known for the world's biggest mall and the world's greatest hockey player, Wayne Gretzky."

If I were Gretzky, I'd sue the mormons for unauthorized use of his name to promote their bullshit. Their attempt to associate him with their ugly temple is disgusting.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 18, 2018 11:25AM

Levi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Apparently there are different "temple standards"?

They don't just use metric?

They definitely use metronomic standards like the following.

Worthiness questions - say "Yes."

Bow your head and say "Yes."

Repeat three times, "Oh God hear the words of my mouth."

Repeat everything the temple worker says.

Blah, blah, blah. Do it.

Posted by: tamboruco ( )
Date: April 18, 2018 03:20PM

The profits$ have declared that the temples are supposed to stand for the eternities here on planet earth and therefore must be constructed to withstand the elements for thousands of years. With this in mind, ChurchCo should have constructed the temples similar to the Egyptian Pyramids in Giza as those structures have done very well over some 4000 +/- years. According to BY, the earth was baptized with the 'great flood' e.g. Noah's ark, and will be purged with fire when Cheezus comes the second time down to planet earth to reclaim his 'sheep' and establish his kingdom. At that time, the seventh seal will be opened and the third of the hosts of heaven that rebelled during the 'great war' in the 'pre-existence' and did not receive bodies of flesh and bone, (and are actually here on planet earth now in spirit tempting you and me daily) will be cast out and the earth will receive its 'paradisaical glory'. Anyone remember these teachings from your primary days? In any case, plywood and steel ain't gonna cut it.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 12:14PM

tamboruco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone remember these teachings from your primary
> days? In any case, plywood and steel ain't gonna
> cut it.

I do and when I heard the "revelation" on mini-temples I was like, "Huh?"

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 11:06PM

I'm hoping that the church will utilize porta-potties as their new mini-temple design. If it's not a success then the church can easily resell them.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 12:10AM

Will the Haitian people be told to tithe to get outta poverty? Will there be worthiness questions about ganja? Will the Morg buy, roast, and sell Jamaican Blue Mountsin coffee under the Deseret Carib Label? So many questions!

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 08:21AM

So temple buildings are made to last ~20yrs before these need to be shutdown and repaired..

"Groundbreaking and Site Dedication: 27 February 1999 by Yoshihiko Kikuchi
Public Open House: 3–7 December 1999
Dedication: 11–12 December 1999 by Gordon B. Hinckley
Temple Repairs
The Edmonton Alberta Temple will close on June 23, 2018, for an extended maintenance period to allow for renovation and repairs focused mainly on the baptistry."

So what do the mormons expect for their sheep to do for their temporal needs? Travel to another temple??? If that is the case and it's..."no big deal" to require your members to travel (time and expenses...), then why have so many temple??

And a temple...IN HAITI??????. Mormons should use that temple money to help rebuild the country and the earthquake from years ago....

Mormons truly remind of the NT temple money-changers, that pissed off Jesus

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.