Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: knight2284 ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 01:49AM

I was visited by mishies again. They already know I don't believe in the church anymore. The senior comp asked me if I believe in God. He was a newly transferred missionary in this area. He was expecting me to say yes but I told him that I'd rather not believe on a being I really don't know exists. So, it ruined his plan on me whatever that is, so he went on to say that some people believe something they know isn't true like a color blind person believe that something is green even if it's blue.

I told him why would I believe something I know isn't true? That's foolishness. Our realities are defined or even distorted by our senses! My senses is not telling me that there is such a being as God. I can convince myself by telling myself there is, until my brain tells my senses to believe such, then I will like begin to hear voices and see things that I really don't see and hear. That is called delusion. I told him that I am already combating depression so I don't want to add delusions and schizophrenia to be part of it.

Then he quoted me the last 3 verses of Romans 8 then asked me what I learned from Brad Wilcox talk he assigned me to read titled "His grace is sufficient". I told him that Roman's 8 and Brad Wilcox talk is highly inconsistent to what really Mormons believe as shown by Dallin Oaks in his talk "Love and Law" where he said that "God's love does not supersede his law..." so by saying that, he just made Romans 8:37-38 obsolete and outdated since it is obvious in his inspired talk that it was God's law that has the power to separate us from God's love. Brad Wilcox is also at odds with the most correct book that says that "we are saved by grace after all we can do." It shows that Christ's grace will fall short if there's nothing we can do and I have heard plenty of talks that shows that we can't do anything without divine help. Moses even said in Pearl of great price that "Man is nothing which thing [he] never have supposed..."

At the end, the senior missionary told me to forget about the church for now and that I should focus on developing a relationship with God. I told him if what he means by relationship is to be good and serve people, I told him that I am not a bad person and that I am always ready to serve others with or without God and his so called church.

The junior comp went on testifying about how strong I was by being given a trials like this and how important I am to Heavenly Father and that I will not be given a trial that is beyond my capacity to resolve. I told him that I did not consider it a trial but instead freedom and if I am important to God, then he should show up here and explain to people all over the world whether or not he commanded Joseph Smith to marry young girls and other man's wife and that he established his Kingdom through him.

Now, after all this, I am wondering where does the Mormon church really stand in their claims and doctrines. I hate Dallin H. Oaks very much. I first met him when I was an investigator visiting the temple. I respected him before but now I can see clearly how hypocritical and arrogant that man is. I'm sooo mad at him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: 2 late 2 log in ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 02:39AM

"asked me what I learned from Brad Wilcox talk he assigned me to read"

If I could make a suggestion, there's no reason for you to allow an 18 year old boy with no real-life experience to give you reading assignments. A year ago, he was living at home playing video games.

"the senior missionary told me to forget about the church for now and that I should focus on developing a relationship with God"

Same thing. A zitty teenager doesn't get to tell you what you "should" do. If he tries that again, please consider ripping him a couple of bright shiny wet pink new a**holes.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 09:55PM

The best definition of mormon doctrine is this.

Make some jello. Preferably green.

Take some nails and nail the jello to the wall.

Mormon Doctrine changes frequently. Contradicts itself. Is forgotten or even denied.

Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 11:54PM

Give them coffee or a book about Mormon pologomy next time. They are ignorant like always! They are wasting 2 years for nothing!

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 02:16PM

>> "....some people believe even if it isn't true."

That sounds familiar.....

Don't criticize the leaders of the church.....even if the criticism is true.

So they want it both ways? Believe it if its not true, and don't believe it if it is.

Wow! How can anyone put up with this type of thinking?

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 07:15PM

When a person’s mind is made up, facts don’t matter. TSCC is lead by people whose minds are made up.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 06:58PM

What's his IQ? 15. Who believes that crap, its crazyness.

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 10:30PM

I went on a mission to make my parents happy. It was a rite of passage. Grandpa went, dad went and I went. There was an unofficial promise of financial help for college when I got back. I feel very proud that I had zero conversions... at the time it sucked, but looking back it was the best for all involved.
Talking with them is a waste of time...

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 11:09PM

There you have it, the True Essence of Mormonism.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.