Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 12:51PM

I read this story late yesterday afternoon, big headline on KSL webpage here in home of THE CHURCH.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46303243&nid=1288&title=its-another-boy-michigan-family-with-13-sons-gets-no-14

I just can't imagine having that many kids.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 01:46PM

memikeyounot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just can't imagine having that many kids.

I can imagine their narcissism. I'm from a double digits family. I've known many from them.

In my opinion, it isn't about breeding a team but a fan club. It is barbaric to me.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 02:01PM

a few years ago. I didn't know him very well until after she bailed on the wedding. I still worry about him as he has so many problems and I feel sorry for him. He had no attention except when he was beat by his father. Most of the kids are messed up. He and his #15 sister were always hitting me up for money. They learned to beg during their childhood. The house they lived in was like a polygamists house--another addition every few years. The house is a disaster.

I was angry at my daughter. She should have figured it out long before she bailed a few days before the wedding, but she was walking into a MESS. He met a girl from Brazil the week after my daughter bailed on the wedding and he married her 7 months later. She got pregnant right off the bat, went back to Brazil for 7 months--leaving him--and then came back. Their baby is a year old now and she is expecting another in July. He had 3 kids from his first marriage. She had 1 from before, never married. She is a convert. She still doesn't know English very well.

I'm just blown away. My kids have their issues, but this #16 child really was neglected and it pisses me off that a mother felt the need to have 16 children.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 02:33PM

A boy named Sue!

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 21, 2018 02:10AM

My dad (non-mormon born in 1905) was one of eleven. When he and his sibs would get together and drink, they'd end up crying over their one memory of their mom--her rear end--as she bent over dragging stuff out of the oven.

They remember their dad trying to hook up gas to the oven. They all got a ride in the fire truck.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 21, 2018 11:44AM

My dad, born in Mexico in 1903, was the oldest of 13 kids, only five of whom made it to adulthood. The five brothers were pretty close.

I have memories of occasions when three or four of the brothers would sit around a table, eating, with so much chile that the most used item on the table was the box of Kleenex.

Relatives are about the weirdest people we get to know, up close and personal... (and of course, YOU [the general you, not just Kathleen] are someone's weird relative!)

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 03:19AM

Like Douglas Adams said in Hitchiker's Guide to The Galaxy:

Family is embarrassing.

:D

Posted by: Anon 3 ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 02:54AM

It sounded catholic to me and yes, the diocease is celebrating.14 possible priests.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 01:08PM

I was thinking, "even Catholics don't have that many kids anymore." But I was mistaken --

"Faithful Catholics, the couple occasionally used the natural family planning method to space out the births of their children - and it worked well, Teri said. But most of the time, they simply were open to having children. 'It's up to God,' she said. 'We figure God knows what he's doing.'"

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2013/08/boys_by_the_dozen_birth_of_12t.html#incart_river_default

Most Catholics are perfectly okay with using birth control. I guess not this couple!

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 02:02PM

Many years ago I met an elderly woman who was born about 1880 who was the thirteenth child of former slaves and the older 12 were all boys! They carefully protected their younger sister and she never married.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 03:37PM

What are the odds of having all boys like that is what i want to know?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.