Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 02:46PM

I just want to set the record straight, since so many of us seem to be under the impression that there is gossip among the RS and priesthood presidencies regarding ward members.

My wife overheard a conversation between her ward's RS president and first counselor about a ward couple's marital problems. The conversation was conducted in a crowded room at a recent social gathering.

I commented that the RS and priesthood leadership seem privy to a lot of private and personal information about ward members. That is when my wife assured me that the leadership takes responsibility of that information very seriously so that it doesn't become part of the rumor mill.

Uh huh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 03:00PM

Uh-huh.
And we have always been at war with Eastasia...

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 03:25PM

I think the brethren are the worst. Remember they think that it's their DUTY to find out what is going on.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 07:57PM

I agree! The priesthood hears things and then thinks talking about them in leadership meeting is okay.

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 04:39PM

My uber TBM father LOVES gossip... like a 14yr old girl (no offense to 14yr old girls). He’s almost 70. Embarrassing and annoying. It must be a learned behavior from a lifetime of LDSism and lots of leadership callings... sad.

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 05:00PM

No gossip indeed. I know this for a fact. From a friend of mine whose sister is a cleaning lady at a church-owned business that takes care of logistics at major events in certain places. But I cannot tell you any more than that. Just take my word on it. And don't mention it to you-know-who.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 05:24PM

It's not gossip when my non-Mo neighbor heard from a very part time TBM neighbor the local Ward version of why Shinehah left the church. It's ministering!

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 07:20PM

Gossip was the thing I used to enjoy most about RS. And I see from the other posts that gossip is still popular.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.