Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 04:04PM

I have a TBM mom that loves me even though I'm inactive. I have tried to undo years of brainwashing, but facts don't get through. One time she wrote me a 15 page letter that defended JS after our phone conversation went too far.

So can you imagine the shock I felt when she admitted that she never would have joined the church if she knew about members and how they shun others? This was not the faith promoting conversation that I expected to hear!

This started over a mishap involving her HT, a long time friend in the church. The HT had some wood to donate to my widowed mom. The only thing was that he didn't have a pickup. So mom drove her AWD SUV over to load up the cut wood.

A big problem ensued. The cut up wood was down a steep hill on the back side of the HT's property. Mom said that she felt uncomfortable trying to drive her SUV down the hill. The HT disagreed and offered to drive the vehicle down the hill.

Well, shit for brains HT slammed her car into a tree trunk. In true mormon arrogance, he said "I hope you have collision. It wasn't my fault."

Naturally. Mom was pissed. She insisted on getting it repaired her way; through her right to have it repaired at a reputable repair shop and not the back yard mechanic. Not only that, but mom demanded her deductible and a weekly rental. The HT reluctantly paid up.

So not only did she lose her HT due to this legal conflict, but the brother hasn't spoken to her for 3 years. AND that is what bothers my TBM mom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2018 04:08PM by messygoop.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 04:47PM

Well, look at it this way: at least one fact has now gotten through to your mom.

The fact that her HT isn't some priesthood-from-god power-wielding inspired servant of the almighty.

Instead, he's just an asshat who acted stupidly (without "inspiration" or "discernment"), and who then tried to get out of taking responsibility for his stupidity.

Now, if she can just realize that ALL penis-holders are in the same boat...:)

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 05:07PM

The HT wouldn't have behaved that way if your mother had been a MAN, especially a MAN with a high church calling, such as a bishop, or something.

The HT wouldn't have tried to get away wit it if your mother were MARRIED TO A MAN, either.

You can remind your mother about Mormon polygamy, D & C 132, and that Mormons are raised to disrespect women.

What a cop-out to say that individual Mormon rudeness should not deter you from loving the Mormon church. I believe that the Mormon nastiness, arrogance, snobbery, racism, and sexism is a DIRECT RESULT of its false teachings. Remind your mother that their great example is Joseph Smith! How could anyone expect anything better from Mormons?

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 07:18PM

Did he think because he was giving her firewood that he could be careless and negligent operating her vehicle on his own property?

And not taking responsibility for his negligence?

Your mom was right to be assertive.

On the other hand, no good deed goes unpunished.

;-)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.