Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: May 13, 2018 10:38PM

The ministers are to call, text, email, or visit members to see if they're having any problems. If they are, the minister informs the ward leaders.

I asked my son if this wasn't the same thing as spying on people. No, he replied, the leaders would just discuss the person and the issue with an aim toward helping. I then asked if the person and issue would be discussed in ward council meeting. Yes, he said.

I replied, pointedly, that I considered that gossiping; and the church didn't have any damn business talking about people behind their backs. He didn't have an answer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: May 13, 2018 10:57PM

BYU Boner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The ministers are to call, text, email, or visit
> members to see if they're having any problems. If
> they are, the minister informs the ward leaders.
>
> I asked my son if this wasn't the same thing as
> spying on people. No, he replied, the leaders
> would just discuss the person and the issue with
> an aim toward helping. I then asked if the person
> and issue would be discussed in ward council
> meeting. Yes, he said.
>
> I replied, pointedly, that I considered that
> gossiping; and the church didn't have any damn
> business talking about people behind their backs.
> He didn't have an answer.

Get 'em boner. Stop the spying. Never knew the gravity of how they spied until my second run in the church and being a ward missionary. Nobody has a clue how insane their spying methods are. I was so glad i did not have a facebook after finding that they spy on that as well. I learned a lot about that operation in a two year period.

Posted by: Thomas $. Monson ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 07:30AM

Facebook is one of their favorite spying methods.

Date: May 14, 2018 04:44PM

Thomas $. Monson Wrote:
> Facebook is one of their favorite spying methods.

Without question, i have seen it in action. They even have labtop parties when they all spy together. They love spying because none of them have real lives.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 13, 2018 11:01PM

They are going to minister to you, whether you like it or not, but if you go to the bishop to ask for some specific 'ministering', you don't get it til you pass his particular brand of discerning scrutiny. (I worry about using any 'scru' words in text likely to be read by The Boner...)

They'll you what's best for you, but they won't listen to you about what you want!

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: May 13, 2018 11:05PM

Mormons sure have a lot to discuss that is not doctrine.

Thank you for always being upfront with your son. How come ministers aren't sharing with others all their problems? Oh, the information is only to be gleaned from those ministered to?

I see.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 12:08AM

So church empowered Snoopy Fuckers 2.0

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 03:26AM

So they added texts, e-mails and Facebook, and promoted each other to the position of "Ministers."

They're still not qualified.

They're still spies and gossips.

They're still nuisances.

"Church empowered Snoopy Fockers 2.0." LOL!

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 06:46AM

that there had been an older guy and a teenager in white shirts and ties who had been knocking at my door when he pulled up. I thought they were probably collecting FOs, but they've left us alone since we resigned. So I went out to set the water and I could see them down the street. Once they saw me, they came back and wanted to give me the ward newsletter and I told them to leave it on the porch and went back around the corner of the house.

This is the one and only time this has ever happened in the 32 years I've lived here. It's as though they don't have a clue that we know what they are doing. If it happens again, I'll send a note to the bishop neighbor and tell him we don't need a minister.

I am sure that we are talked about in meetings and have been for years and years. Most of the time, they are just assuming something as they know pretty much nothing. When my ex left, they didn't even know he was gone for 2 years. They certainly didn't know he was gay for even longer. It was that bishop's daughter (again a neighbor, same house, different person) who had told him as her best friend lived next door to my ex and his boyfriend. No discernment there.

Posted by: PHIL ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 08:19AM

I think you people are paranoid about this whole ministering thing.Most wards dont have aclue yet what its all about let alone having a proper spy network eztablished.

Posted by: Thomas $. Monson ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 09:03AM

Unfortunately, the "spy network" is already established, there is no need for a bishopric to officially kick off the program. It is an old, and typical, Mormon habit. No paranoia, just reality.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 09:30AM

Eavesdropping, Gathering Information, Spying, listening In On, Bothering...

Unnecessary
Uncalled For
Unsaintly
Unnatural
Uncool
Unkind
Unhelpful
Abnormal
Abysmal
Asinine
Antithetical
Useless
Immoral
Thoughtless
Disgraceful
Unprofessional
Unfriendly
Unbecoming
Non-neighborly
Disorderly
Not Smart

Date: May 14, 2018 04:49PM

moremany Wrote:
> Eavesdropping, Gathering Information, Spying,
> listening In On, Bothering...
>
> Unnecessary
> Uncalled For
> Unsaintly
> Unnatural
> Uncool
> Unkind
> Unhelpful
> Abnormal
> Abysmal
> Asinine
> Antithetical
> Useless
> Immoral
> Thoughtless
> Disgraceful
> Unprofessional
> Unfriendly
> Unbecoming
> Non-neighborly
> Disorderly
> Not Smart

I was very uncomfortable with their spying tactics and tracking tactics when i was a tracker i mean ward missionary. It was a big reason for my paranoia issues. I have seen their methods firsthand, no conspiracy, it's a reality.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 01:09PM

Years ago, a new bishop asked to come over to my house for a visit. Sure, I replied, my neighbors are welcome in my home.

After a few pleasantries, he proceeded to ask me to reconsider Mormonism. I told him no, I would not reconsider. He nodded his head and said others had told him it wouldn’t be easy to get me back.

Others????

For the record, I have lived in my home for MANY years in a very orthodox Mormon community. I have never turned away any church leader or guest. My home is open to my neighbors. In the last seven years, I have yet to have a Mormon neighbor come over to talk or visit.

My sin? I have told them they are always welcome to come into my home. They are welcome to “minister” to my family members. They can bear their testimonies to me. They can share gospel messages with me; and, I’ll pray with them. The problem is I self-identify now as a Protestant. Mormons seem to be incapable of processing that a thinking, decent, educated individual would voluntary leave Mormonism.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 01:21PM

sin->apostasy->separation->alienation (from doctrine)->increased apostasy->alienation from fellowship->increased apostasy->more sin.

They only need to observe one part of the cycle for it to be true. They've seen, or rather interpreted, it many times, so it is a kind of universal truth. Your unreachability may be accentuated by the fact that you have professional accomplishments. Just as they are put in awe of a GA, an apostate with the life accomplishments equivalent to those of a GA may be intimidating to them.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 01:28PM

People tell me, let alone that business of the older man and the bishop's son (neighbor) walking up and down the street delivering the ward newsletter. For YEARS AND YEARS, they've attached it to my door with a rubber band. Not like I want the newsletter, but they still deliver it. It looked like the Jehovah's Witnesses that day.

My VT, the only woman I would allow to continue to visit, said that her husband, a clerk, said that the bishop had seen me out walking at night, that I wasn't hibernating anymore (like I ever did--I worked at the office at that time). She told her husband that I walk at night just for the fact that I don't want to be gossiped about in bishopric meeting. So I get it straight from active mormons who have known me the whole time I have lived here. This VT died, so I quit allowing anyone to come before I resigned.

I had some strange lady yelling hello to me every time she saw me and saying, "Hello Kiara's mother!" I hadn't a clue who she was. My daughter told the RS president to tell her to stop.

I don't have to wonder. My active mormon friends in the ward tell me.

Posted by: rubicon ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 01:46PM

Ministering is a clever way for Russel M Nelson to get credit for being inspired when all he did was eliminate so reporting and kept things the same. He renamed Home teaching to ministering. Now you are ministers and not home teachers. You will still be responsible for those assigned to you. All will be well until it's interview time and when it becomes apparent you know nothing about the families you are given responsibility for the guilt trip will follow. The lecture on low home teaching stats will be replaced with guilt trip interviews.

Posted by: Former Finance Clerk ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 04:41PM

Huh, sounds a lot like the "old" Home Teaching program. But, I must be mistaken...

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: May 15, 2018 12:26AM

DH's HT - I mean, his minister-person - will be here at 11:00 tomorrow morning.

The more things change. . .they don't.

(It's the same old guy who has been visiting us for decades. I'm kind of glad they didn't switch DH to a new "assigned friend.")

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 11:20PM

Are you having any problems?

We can give you more. Many more!

Meet the elders
Beat the elders
At their own game

M@t

Posted by: wheredoigonow ( )
Date: May 15, 2018 07:37PM

Just like HT few will do it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.