Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 03:02PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 03:09PM

I don’t think it will be that bad. The problem is the D-News has a constant influx of cash.

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 04:04PM

The dnews became part of ksl for news writing and reporting. They crowd source a lot of religious and political writing for their online presence which has a heavy national religious right readership.

As a paper it already died. It's propped up as an arm of Bonneville communications anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2018 08:17PM by dogblogger.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 07:10PM

The SL Tribune is not alone in terms of major city newspapers that are suffering in the transition to the digital age. Hopefully management will get it figured out. I have enjoyed reading the newspaper when I travel to SLC, along with the occasional online article here and there.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: May 15, 2018 09:04PM

I may have to e-mail one of my sources at the Trib; besides "LDS Church largesse" I recall that the D-News was receiving advertising revenues all out of proportion to its circulation as part of that agreement (JOA?).

/still a lot on my plate, alas

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 15, 2018 10:21PM

All the print newspapers are strapped financially. The New York Times is another one getting hit hard because of the Internet. Why subscribe when you can read the news with the click of a mouse?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 15, 2018 10:39PM

I think the future of the legacy press is the largess of the ultra-affluent, the .001%-ers, who want desperately to sanitize their wealth in the eyes of the ideillogical faithful. Like the Medicis and Frederick the Great's patronage in the days of yore. John Henry (hedge fund operator, owns the Red Sox, the Liverpool Football Club, and the Boston Globe. Jeff Bezos owns the Washington (com)Post, a.k.a. "Pravda on the Potomac." Carlos Slim has put millions into the NY Slymes, and Comcast owns NBC and all its subservients (sic). Then there's Michael Bloomberg, Mortimer Zuckerberg (NY Daily News & US News & World Report) and Warren Buffett.

Calling all billionaires, buy a failing newspaper and redeem thy avaricious souls!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.