Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 04:30PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 04:33PM

Three answers?

1. Nothing
2. Nothing
3. His wife is as dishonest and clueless as he is.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 04:39PM

From the few clips i have seen, the guy is totally full of crap. Should have stayed a heart surgeon or something. Would never let him cut me open. But in a way those guys already did.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 09:39PM

A colleague of mine was very disappointed with surgery by nelson.
The colleague was TBM all the way except for him. As i recall, it was something like--I hate him.
Afterwards I wondered just how good of a surgeon he really was.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: May 15, 2018 11:05AM

I never looked into Nelson's reputation as a surgeon beyond all the church hype I heard about him.

Date: May 15, 2018 11:10AM

All this Russ love just shows you the church has successfully created a situation where they can put anyone in the seat and the church members will fall over themselves about that mascot. The highly charismatic and likable Thomas S. Monson who had far more visibility than Russel M. Nelson ever had is already pretty much forgotten. If Russ kicks it Dallin H Oaks will be who everyone is falling for. It's whoever holds the tittle even if the members really don't know that person well. The prophet really is the idol the Mormons worship. They worship a stuffed suit.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 05:29PM

>> "What have you learned from President Russell M. Nelson this year?"

>> "President Nelson's teachings on revelation in the last General Conference made a strong impression on me"

Translation: I haven't learned anything I didn't already know.

>> "President Nelson’s example has reaffirmed my testimony of the truth that God guides and directs His kingdom on earth through living prophets.

>> "I have learned that daily study of the Book of Mormon and the teachings of Jesus Christ is a lifetime pursuit.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 05:30PM

he isn't someone I follow

Date: May 14, 2018 05:31PM

Is it just me, or does Russel look like Freddy Kruger?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 05:37PM

I think that's an insult to Freddy Kruger...

Date: May 14, 2018 05:40PM

Indeed. But who is scarier?

Wonder what I'll dream about tonight?!?

Date: May 15, 2018 11:03AM

I find him and his wife creepy. I can't wait to see what other changes he brings to the church. He's a change guy. He really could to some damage. Let's hope so!

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 06:22PM

I have learned that malnourished Africans who lack medical care and clean water, while caring for hungry, nutrient-challenged children, will become prosperous and healthy by handing over 10% of their extremely meager incomes to the white, bloatedly wealthy Mormon church.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2018 06:23PM by Josephina.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 06:34PM

Josephina Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have learned that malnourished Africans who lack
> medical care and clean water, while caring for
> hungry, nutrient-challenged children, will become
> prosperous and healthy by handing over 10% of
> their extremely meager incomes to the white,
> bloatedly wealthy Mormon church.

+1,000,000!!!

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: May 14, 2018 11:39PM

Josephina! That's it! Bingo! Numbers 1,2, and 3. The answer to World Hunger!

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: May 15, 2018 12:42AM

In order to attempt to see what he was like, I have listened to a few of his addresses, plus his press conference where he and and his two sidekicks spoke and his sickening emperialistic comments about Africa. Like a lot of the so-called-apostles I feel he is arrogant, self-righteous, and very sure that his words should be heeded. His smiles are fake to me, and I can see him saying to himself after giving a sermon....there, once again I set them straight.

I think he most likely believes his Mormon God is very proud of him, and probably thinks he gets warm and fuzzies straight from heaven. Who knows what they really are?....delicious chocolate cake warming up his tummy and sending out some endorphins, basking moments of remembered glory from his fawning Mormon fan club as he became #1 Grand Emperor, enjoyment gained from his plush home and surroundings, etc. etc.

Date: May 15, 2018 10:59AM

I think Russ enjoys the attention. My dad was well to do but enjoyed holding high church callings. When he could be out flying his private plane or traveling he spent much of his free time in high church callings. Sure he helped people but what he really enjoyed was the attention he got from others in the church. He loved the adulation.

I think Russel M. Nelson and the rest of them are the same. What we aren't seeing is the people who declined the offer. No thank you, I don't want to be a general authority. We see the ones who said "YES!".

Russel M. Nelson gave up a lot to be a GA. Why? He likes the attention and it makes him feel important. He get's something from it he wasn't getting from his career.

Russel M Nelson is the big rock star of the church now and I'm sure him and his wife are loving it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.