Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Angel of Jesus ( )
Date: May 16, 2018 09:59PM

If one reads carefully those D&C sections which deal with how the Church is to be organized, is says:

*Each Stake would be governed by a Standing High Council (12 men, not 15 or 16 or 17)

*Where a Stake does not exist, the Traveling High Council will have jurisdiction.

*The Standing High Council has authority over a Stake, and where a Stake is not organized you have a Branch. Thus, the Standing High Council has authority over Stakes, and the Traveling High Council (Apostles) have authority over Branches.

*The Traveling High Council has no authority over any Standing High Council, and vice versa. They have equal authority over their two different jurisdictions (Stakes and Branches).

*Each Stake must have exactly 12 High Priests (the Standing High Council), 48 Priests, 24 Teachers, and 12 Deacons: for a total of 96 Elders.

*The priesthood offices of the greater priesthood are:
High Priest
Elder

*The offices of the lesser priesthood are:
Bishop
Priest
Teacher
Deacon

Priests, teachers, and deacons are to primary concerned with abating the spread of gossip.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 16, 2018 10:05PM

Yes, but that was then, this is now!

Just look at the changes in the Eternal Law of Underwear!

Posted by: Angel of Jesus ( )
Date: May 16, 2018 10:13PM

NOBODY told me about Mormon temple garments. Nobody. In fact, the good missionaries who baptized me didn't tell me much at all. When I joined the Church, I was put into a new class for recently baptized males called "The Prospective Elder's Class".
We were taught by the Stake Seventies, who taught us:

*If you pay your tithing faithfully, God will send you blessings like more money.

*If you go on a mission, then God will send you a beautiful woman to take to the Temple (carrot)

*Mormon women and girls are always honest, always moral, not capable of will-full sin. They all have the Spirit of Discernment, so if an evil male wants to date them, or marry them, they will say: "No". They can only sin if "forced" to by an evil male (i.e. gun to heat/knife to throat).

*Whatever the Living Prophet say sin General Conference, THAT is as if Jesus Himself came down and spoke. It is infallible.

*The Brethren can't make mistakes, because they are Prophets, Seers, Revelators.

NOTHING...about any Masonic like rituals, nor any special "garments". NOTHING. Not a WORD about it.

I first found out about "garments" when I was helping the Elder's Quorum President with some work on his home (volunteering of course), and he bent over and I noticed he was wearing some STRANGE underwear (he had a one piece), where you had two folds that you had to separate with your hand to expose your butt, since you could not "pull down" a one-piece. I was shocked. I thought he had some kind of disease or something and had to wear some special "medical" clothing underneith his regular clothes.

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, but that was then, this is now!
>
> Just look at the changes in the Eternal Law of
> Underwear!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.