Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 10:05PM

In spite of our economy, the U.S. Birth rate is at a 30 year low...

(Link to be added)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 10:28PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/17/us/fertility-rate-decline-united-states.html

Second year in a row of record low, and it's not in response to a war or serious recession. Watch what happens when there is a recession.

Posted by: dp ( )
Date: May 19, 2018 04:13PM

Technically, the Great Recession ended in the summer of 2009. However, it's not really over for lots and lots of people...

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 10:45PM

But so many (including Morms) using IVF and drugs? More companies providing some/all insurance benefits for fertility testing and treatments?

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 01:13AM

That's because many women wait until they have some financial security before having kids.

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 08:35AM

Sometimes. I’ve observed many young couples in our ward using IVF. They also say they enjoy selecting the gender of their child.

No doubt Mormons get abortions like every other religious group does (and denies it).

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 03:41PM

Because their are chemicals in the water affecting birth rate success AND marriage is put off for quite some time. 1st Parents are older nowadays and have less kids.
IVF is coming more and more common.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 12:58AM

Those poor pre-existence spirt children. Now they'll have to be born in Asia waiting for the missionaries because Mormons may be waiting to have children. Shameful!

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 02:51AM

BYU Boner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Those poor pre-existence spirt children. Now
> they'll have to be born in Asia waiting for the
> missionaries because Mormons may be waiting to
> have children. Shameful!

Hahahaha i needed that laugh. I am not doing my duty as a man and producing tons of babies for the pre-existence sex going on. Jeeeeesus this makes to my sister. My spirit children will be born in africa, schucks.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: May 19, 2018 07:00PM

Just contribute your “part” when needed :)

Posted by: MarkJ ( )
Date: May 19, 2018 02:02PM

Maybe they're running low on spirit children?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 19, 2018 02:05PM

Posted by: sharapata ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 02:14AM

Let's see now. Education costs out of sight. Student loan debt at record high. Not enough housing being built across the country. What is being built are mostly luxury apartments in urban areas that are not conducive to raising kids. Building homes for the average earning worker (which was done decades ago) isn't profitable enough. Therefore, astronomical real estate prices. Rents are also through the roof so good luck saving for a down payment to buy these high prices when you have high rents and high student loan debt. What is good right now is low unemployment.

One's individual mileage will of course vary, but this is generally what I am seeing these days.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 06:03PM

There is a lot of worrying in the news about the stagnation in the west, but recently a friend of mine was showing me her tree in the yard (from a choice seed, not a trash tree) and mentioned that she planted it years ago and it just wouldn't grow, then like 30 years and suddenly it was doing really well. Then some construction people began knocking out it's branches and breaking limbs.

There is always some problems in life...

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 19, 2018 04:29PM

Most young parents I know are limited by economics. It takes a lot of money to raise a child and to help out with college expenses. Logistics are also a factor. When both parents are working, they are less likely to have a large family.

Posted by: lazylizard ( )
Date: May 19, 2018 05:18PM

At tweleve I decided to adopt children rather than have my own. Ten plus years later, and my fiancee (a woman) wants at least one child of her own. I am cool with that, but I will not give birth to a child.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.