Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 09:16PM

Welcome to Mormon. Org! I am carlissa" me can I get real answers here or not? Carlissa what do you mean by real answers? Me I know what I mean "why does it say in the book of Mormon that black people are cursed?carlissa I don't know! And I know that the book of Mormon does not say that!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 18, 2018 09:18PM

I have prayed about it and know it is true! Me well I know that the Mormon church refused to allow black people into the priesthood until 1978! Would God curse people over skin? Carlissa just go to lds.org! Me can you answer my questions or not? Carlissa go to the website I gave you!

Date: May 18, 2018 09:20PM

Why should I? Is it because you don't want to answer my questions and that the Mormon church is a hate group! Brigham young hated black people and now you hate gays!carlissa read the book of Mormon! You are offending me by your language! Me yep Mormons are always offended and I just asked you a question!

Date: May 18, 2018 09:23PM

I am going to end this conversation now! My job as a missionary is to tell people how true our church and gospel are!you have contention!chat has ended, nope and the Mormon church refuses to admit they don't know why black people are cursed! Bunch of arrogant idiots Mormons are!

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 11:04PM

She is correct. The curse on blacks is found in the book of Abraham, not the book of mormon.

The book of Abraham clearly states that the descendants of Cain are not allowed the priesthood. Abraham 1:27 "Pharaoh being of that lineage by which he could not have the right of priesthood"

Pharaoh was a descendant of Ham. Ham is biblically the father of the Lybians, Egyptians, Ethiopians etc. The countries of Africa.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 11:07PM

Skipped a part.

Ham, the son of Noah had a black wife who was a descendant of Cain preserving his curse after the flood. Abraham 1:23,24

Date: May 19, 2018 12:44AM

I read in 1st or 2 nephi that black people were white but were covered with blackness? Yep the Mormon church is a hate group! It hates blacks and gays. Who next?

Posted by: JustHangingOn@57 ( )
Date: May 19, 2018 01:22AM

Close, but not factually correct. The Lamanites were wicked so god, fearing that they would intermarry with his righteous Nephites, caused their skin to darken. God was obviously thinking: what self respecting white person would want to marry a black and loathsome dark skinned person? But all is not lost for our wicked dark skinned brethren. Pres. Kimball noticed that some lamanite children who were living with white and delightsome righteous Mormons started to have their skin turn white and delight some! Gosh what a marvelous gift from a loving and completely NOT racist heavenly father.

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: May 19, 2018 07:43AM

Kimball wasn't the first to talk about Lamanites turning white. Two previous prophets prayed for it to happen in temple dedicatory prayers.

Wilford Woodruff prayed for Indians to turn white when he dedicated the Salt Lake Temple in 1893,

"Restore them we pray Thee, to Thine ancient favor, fulfill in their completeness the promises given to their fathers, and make of them a white and delightsome race, a loved and holy people as in former days."

George Albert Smith also prayed for their skin color to change when he dedicated the Idaho Falls Temple in 1945.

"O Father, remember Thy promises made unto Thy holy prophets regarding the remnants of those whom Thou didst lead unto this western hemisphere, that they should not be utterly destroyed but that a remnant should be preserved which would turn from their wickedness, repent of their sins, and eventually become a white and delightsome people. May the day speedily come when those promises will be fulfilled."

Kimball was so deluded that he thought it was really happening and made an ass of himself in that 1960 General Conference.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 19, 2018 12:07PM

What do you know?

M@t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.