Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 12:47AM

Just found out that my sister forced her kids to drink powdered milk as kids because the bishop's wife was her friend and made her kids drink it from their food storage.

My niece couldn't stand the powdered milk and wouldn't drink it. I'm surprised she grew up with decent bones and teeth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cakeordeath ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 01:10AM

There is a way to make powdered milk, when it is reconstituted properly, taste perfectly fine. Keep in mind, (cow's) milk is designed to make a relatively small animal become a huge industry commodity for beef or milk. Why humans are drinking cow's milk still baffles me. We can't figure out why we gain weight year to year but, for gawd-sakes, keep that two gallons of milk in the icebox for cookies and breakfast.

The method is to make a gallon of powdered milk with ice-water. Let rest 24 hours. Split gallon of powdered milk with a half-gallon each of full fat milk. Stir. Let rest 24 hours. If you keep on this cycle, you can save a ton of money on milk for the huge families that infest the Wasatch Front. Maybe in studies done years from now, scientists can tell us what horrific effects humans had on this area, besides the fallout, mining, drilling, overuse, over-grazing, and monoculturizations.

Warning: partial thread-jack

Cake

Date: May 30, 2018 01:26AM

I remember the foul air in Cache Valley. Couldn't stop coughing all winter for the inversion that lasted forever.

BUT, I seldom drank powdered milk. There was a brand that had a little bit of fat in it that my roommates used. It was okay if, as you stated, it was cold. I'd only drink that if absolutely necessary or maybe for cooking.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 04:41AM

cakeordeath Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Why humans are
> drinking cow's milk still baffles me. We can't
> figure out why we gain weight year to year but,
> for gawd-sakes, keep that two gallons of milk in
> the icebox for cookies and breakfast.
>

A whole lot of people in the U.S. who wouldn't drink milk unless they were forced to do so at gunpoint continue to gain weight. I wouldn't consider milk to be quite such a culprit in that regard.

Posted by: Bill ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 07:05AM

It is though...there is something about lactose that is very fattening. Even skim milk is fattening due to the carbs. I realize the industry places the "carb" count on the side of the box, but I agree with Cakeordeath that milk (i.e. lactase = the sugar in milk) keeps people fat. Drop dairy from your diet and watch the fat fall off.

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 07:42AM

Margarine is the culprit.
If you eat at any commercial establishment your food is swimming in margarine. Butter does not cause weight gsin. Neither does a glass of milk.

Date: May 30, 2018 07:59AM

Butter and magarine are both fattening Sioban. Butter packs about 100 calories per tablespoon (100% of which are from fat). And margarine about the same. Very calorie dense. The cal's in butter, margarine, and butter-like spreads come with no fiber and very little nutrition. These cal's will feed a healthy serving of fat to your fat cells, and they have a tendency to raise cholesterol levels, increase risk of cancer, increase risk of heart disease, contribute to weight gain, and more.

So milk not only can make people fat if they drink to much due to the carb content (and hence calorie increase), milk also causes an insulin spike like any sugar. If a person is trying to lose weight, Milk is insulinogenic, and fat burning will stop in the body. In other words, when insulin is secreted in the body - it's a signal for fat burning to stop - the bodies cells open wide to receive all that fat and sugar. Drink milk and ingest butter together, and you will put on weight like a Sumo wrestler.

Better to drink Almond milk and use Avacado butter my friend. Milk and butter puts on weight in general for the reasons I have explained.

Date: May 30, 2018 10:39PM

I guess we are lucky in this area to have fresh unhomoginized milk available. There is no comparison. Same for farm eggs and only $3/dozen.
Fat or not margarine is crap. Butter is not.

Date: June 02, 2018 12:26AM

Except in a very small number of cases, people who are overweight are taking in more calories than they are expending. To blame it all on milk or on any other single food is a major stretch.

Date: June 02, 2018 09:34AM

Well you are an "MD" so you obviously are much smarter than me. I guess what I was trying to say is that if someone is counting cal's and trying to lose weight, milk will slow down or stifle the fat burning because it pushes the carb count over the optimum limit (and most people don't know that 50-100 grams of carbs) per day is optimum for fat burning. Milk is a hidden carb culprit because it doesn't take much to carb out on milk.

Date: June 03, 2018 06:19AM

Bill Wrote:
> Well you are an "MD" so you obviously are much
> smarter than me. I guess what I was trying to say
> is that if someone is counting cal's and trying to
> lose weight, milk will slow down or stifle the fat
> burning because it pushes the carb count over the
> optimum limit (and most people don't know that
> 50-100 grams of carbs) per day is optimum for fat
> burning. Milk is a hidden carb culprit because it
> doesn't take much to carb out on milk.

"MD" or not, I don't necessarily possess any more intelligence than does anyone else who posts at this site, but the bottom line for weight reduction will always be about creating a calorie deficit. Milk obviously contains calories, and if a person doesn't consider those calories in calculating his or her total intake, he or she is likely to have difficulty in losing weight. If someone thinks drinking milk is just like drinking water, there's a problem. Most people of normal intelligence, however, are aware of the calories in the milk they drink. For one thing, the nutritional information is listed on the container.

Dieting fads have come and gone and come back again since the 1930's. Everything from counting fat grams to counting carbohydrate grams to adjusting one's diet according to blood type [someone got rich on THAT one] to considering "the female fat cell" [someone made a lot of money on THAT one, too] to adjusting one's food intake according to the lunar cycle to having a feeding tube inserted instead of consuming food to ingesting tapeworms to saturating cotton balls with fruit juice and eating them and probably a hundred other ideas have been touted as miracle cures for weight problems. Except for ingesting tapeworms, which in many cases actually works but is a terrible idea for overall health reasons, most of these fads work only if they result in a calorie deficit. The feeding tube works if the person really refrains from eating or drinking [anything but water] while the tube is in place - it creates a calorie deficit - but people who use it often gain the weight back very quickly once they've returned to acquiring their nutrition by eating..

Calories aren't the only consideration in terms of decent nutrition, and a person should balance his or her diet in order to be healthy. Weight loss is about consuming fewer calories than one expends.

Posted by: Dave in TX ( )
Date: June 04, 2018 06:08PM

Lactase is the enzyme required for you to fully digest the LACTOSE in milk. Lactose is the milk sugar.

Posted by: Vibiana ( )
Date: May 31, 2018 08:58PM

"Why humans are drinking cow's milk baffles me" ...

Uh, because it tastes good? lol And because humans have opposable thumbs to milk cows and open milk bottles with?

I don't mean to be flip, but if you give cow's milk to animals other than cows they still think it's great stuff. :)

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 02, 2018 03:30PM

Yep. Why do we humans drink an excretion that comes out of another animal ? It's just sick and perverted, I tell you.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 01:16AM

Sometimes, yes. I remember that it was bluish and tasted nothing like milk.

Posted by: Just Wonderin ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 01:57PM

My thoughts exactly! (Blech!!)

Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 01:36AM

I remember drinking powdered milk back in the 1970's. My folks had a bunch in their food storage and for some reason thought it would be a good idea to mix it up and drink it. Tasted like vomit. After a couple months they went back to buying milk at the grocery store.

Nasty stuff.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 03:39AM

My mother tried to trick us by mixing it with real milk. It didnt work and no one would drink it. I agree that there are better ways for people to get calcium. Cows milk is good for baby cows, not people who have passed early childhood.

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 04:00AM

I was the parent. Sorry kids.

Posted by: Jane Cannary ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 11:55AM

My mother only used it in cooking. Luckily, we had a couple cows so had fresh milk.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 12:32PM

My parents loved me and gave us whole milk. My first missionary companion was convinced that powdered milk would make us more humble. Gagging does make you humble.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 12:35PM

Oh gawwwwwwwwd, yes. Even though they'd mix it half and half with whole milk, I had to gag it down. I can remember that we knew what day the milk came (you younguns wouldn't get that), and my brothers and I would race to the milk box trying to get some plain milk for our cereal before Dad got a chance to mix it.

And it was that old carnation powered milk in the box. I guess it was just a new thing, so not only did it go in our food storage, it must have saved pennies too. I think by the time I was in middle school they had stopped.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 12:35PM

Yes.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 12:44PM

Thankfully not. We milked 3 cows!

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 12:55PM

No, in fact, we were never made to drink milk, a fact that all my friends liked when they came over, especially spending the night. My mom had some weird idea from her mom , growing up that certain food, especially meat would turn poisonous if taken with milk at the same time ( not to kill you, just got you sick)
We did sneak chocolate milk at school.
We always drank water, iced tea or different flavoured drinks, like Wild Cherry, chocolate coke, root beer, grape.
We drank it when we came home, or before bed.
I still don’t like milk, to this day,
I used to love chocolate milk or Mars drinks, but mainly drink water, iced tea , sometimes OJ, occasion beers

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 12:57PM

Johnny Lingo would be proud

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 01:11PM

I was seriously hooked on milk for decades. Then about 10 years ago I just didn't crave it anymore. Only time I drink it now is in my coffee.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 01:09PM

We weren't even Mormon, but yeah, sometimes I had to drink the powdered stuff, like if we were out of milk and the milkman wasn't due for a few days.

My Dad liked to drink it deliberately. He added it to real milk, figuring it would add extra protein. Yuck.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 01:53PM

They must have talked about it in R.S. because there were other food substitutes that they used back then. For me, it was the 1960s. I refused to drink the fake milk. I hated flake potatoes. Like potatoes are expensive, but you know that food storage was so important, but we needed to use it.

The thing I really hated was the meat substitute that you could buy in several flavors. We burned it once in taco meat. It smelled horrible. I could taste the flavor in gravy when my mom made meatloaf. It just ruined the whole meal. I think it eventually just got thrown out as we refused to eat it.

My dad wouldn't tolerate it. My mom didn't like it either. She was just trying to be frugal. That horrible stuff didn't last around our house.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: June 02, 2018 11:07AM

Yes, they did.
And being good little bots the RS sisters bought powdered milk to serve to their families.

There was also TVP (textured vegetable protein ) to be put in casseroles. Vomit.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 02:10PM

My mother and I drink about 2 glasses of cow's milk every day, sometimes whole, 2%, skim, it doesn't matter. My children drank whole milk, because the milk fat helps the body absorb Vitamin D. We are an athletic, muscular family. Mother was a professional ballet dancer, my father was on the BYU football team, my brother and I both had athletic scholarships to universities, my children play football and rugby (one on scholarship) and dance. One of my brothers decided he hated milk, and never drank the stuff. He was the only one in our family to be obese. Go figure.

There's a study out there (sorry I can't remember the specifics) that proves that people who drink milk have smaller waistlines. The study went by measurements rather than weight, because muscle weighs more than fat.

Milk was my "secret weapon". In high school and college, when the gang would stop by a 7-11 for soda, slurpees, and a candy bar, for a quick sugar fix, I would chug a pint of milk. People would always ask me how I could eat anything I wanted, and still be so thin....

High lactose corn syrup (from genetically-modified corn) is the main culprit.

Sorry--I couldn't have people bad-mouthing milk!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 04:00PM

We had powdered milk as children. Dad and mom kept a dairy cow too while we were growing up, so we almost always had a steady supply of fresh unpasteurized cow's milk - during the seven years we lived on our farm.

When times were lean, there was the powdered milk. We took it with us on camping trips. Food storage, etc. If we ran out of fresh milk ever, for any reason, there was either powdered milk, or condensed or evaporated milk to substitute it with.

We didn't drink it very often, just once in a blue moon. Never really did learn to like it much. Still prefer fresh milk by far.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 11:18PM

oH Hell no. they made me milk the cows, so they could get a milk check from the local creamery so they could pay their tithing. as a side benefit, I was allowed to have some raw milk to drink.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 11:30PM

We need a nutritional expert to tell us which nutriants & qualities are preserved, which are lost since taste is an individual matter.

It's nice to have a can or 2 of evap in the cupboard just in case.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: May 31, 2018 12:31AM

The only time I ever used powdered milk was when I lived in Armenia in the 1990s. We had no power most of the time, so regular milk wasn't available. And yes, it was really gross.

Date: May 31, 2018 08:54PM

I'm laughing here, because my parents never made us drink powdered milk (I grew up RLDS), but I use it now because it's cheaper. I have kept it around for years to cook with, and started using it for the real thing because if I buy more than a quart of fresh milk at a time it goes bad before I can use it all. (I live alone).

My method is to use a smidge more powder than the directions call for, then mix the powder with HOT water, so that all of it dissolves, and then store it in a quart glass milk jar (the old-fashioned kind, there's a local dairy called Shatto that sells milk in glass jars and I kept one instead of returning it for the deposit). I put it in the refrigerator immediately after mixing it up and chill it overnight.

I'm not into drinking a glass of milk, but I drink what's left in the bottom of the cereal bowl without thinking a thing of it. :)

Date: May 31, 2018 09:19PM

As much as I rail against milk, I still love the flavor and consistency. My point above was simply to make powdered milk palatable one must think a bit like Alton Brown (Good Eats, Food Network USA). The same is true for most food stuffs that have been suffered by generations of folks along the Wasatch Front.

My TBM parents, hung out with people of other faiths because we did not live in Utah. So, we were always being introduced to others cultures, beliefs, and party foods. It was a lady who was Cherokee who taught my mother how to make powdered milk taste good.

I do like the idea of using hot water Vibiana!

Cake

Date: June 01, 2018 09:10AM

It really does work. :) I'd never heard of mixing it with ice water, I would think the powder would be all lumpy that way.

Date: June 03, 2018 03:39PM

I've seen a little but not a lot of Alton Brown. Would you mind explaining how thinking like Alton Brown can make powdered ilk palatable? If Mr. Brown is truly capable of a mindset or of anything else that would make powdered milk palatable, he's second only to Jesus, who turned water into wine.

cakeordeath Wrote:
> As much as I rail against milk, I still love the
> flavor and consistency. My point above was simply
> to make powdered milk palatable one must think a
> bit like Alton Brown (Good Eats, Food Network
> USA). The same is true for most food stuffs that
> have been suffered by generations of folks along
> the Wasatch Front.
>
> My TBM parents, hung out with people of other
> faiths because we did not live in Utah. So, we
> were always being introduced to others cultures,
> beliefs, and party foods. It was a lady who was
> Cherokee who taught my mother how to make powdered
> milk taste good.
>
> I do like the idea of using hot water Vibiana!
>
> Cake

Date: June 03, 2018 06:41PM

scmd1 Wrote:
> I've seen a little but not a lot of Alton Brown.
> Would you mind explaining how thinking like Alton
> Brown can make powdered ilk palatable? If Mr.
> Brown is truly capable of a mindset or of anything
> else that would make powdered milk palatable, he's
> second only to Jesus, who turned water into wine.

Mr. Brown's former show on the Food Network was called "Good Eats". His approach to making food included helping his audience understand what was underlying causes of how foods taste. Sort of like a lab technician explanation of things.

IOW, over the years, I and family members and friends have found ways to improvise with food. And finding a way to make powdered milk more palatable fell into that thinking.

Cake

Date: June 04, 2018 05:10PM

Thanks, Cake!

cakeordeath Wrote:
> scmd1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I've seen a little but not a lot of Alton
> Brown.
> > Would you mind explaining how thinking like
> Alton
> > Brown can make powdered ilk palatable? If Mr.
> > Brown is truly capable of a mindset or of
> anything
> > else that would make powdered milk palatable,
> he's
> > second only to Jesus, who turned water into
> wine.
>
> Mr. Brown's former show on the Food Network was
> called "Good Eats". His approach to making food
> included helping his audience understand what was
> underlying causes of how foods taste. Sort of like
> a lab technician explanation of things.
>
> IOW, over the years, I and family members and
> friends have found ways to improvise with food.
> And finding a way to make powdered milk more
> palatable fell into that thinking.
>
> Cake

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 31, 2018 10:03PM

I lived with my TBM aunt and uncle as a teen and had the job of mixing milk, half real milk with half powdered. It saved a little money but it was better to eat cereal dry than with the nasty mixture.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: May 31, 2018 10:14PM

Yes, but I took to drinking plain water instead.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: June 01, 2018 10:12AM

Yes.

For some reason the Powdered Milk fad moved through our Mormon town faster than cocaine on the balcony at Studio 54 in the 80's.

Mom served it. We drank it. You did what you were told. Franco American spaghetti for lunch.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: June 01, 2018 02:35PM

Nothing is worse than Americn-style powdered milk. But there is a choice; in tropical and/of impoverished countries there is powdered whole milk. In the US I have only found Nido brand in the Hispanic food section, Maybe if you have a Latin-American grocery nearby, you can find other brands in larger cans. My LDS sister forced powdered milk on her kids their entire lives. It's fun to ask them today what they thought of that.

Posted by: BcE NLI ( )
Date: June 01, 2018 11:59PM

I think non fat dry milk was a fad when I was little. I
remember helping my mom mix it in tall, slender plastic
bottles. We were not Mormon then so it was not motivated by
any religious influence, just convenience. It tasted funny but
I don't remember being repulsed by it. It was much better
very cold.

We also ate liver a lot. My mom pretended it was tasty and I
fell for it. To this day I find it a treat.

There is another milk product available in powdered form: Goat
milk. It's widely available powered, canned, and fresh. Due
to the fat content I only buy it every few years as a special
treat but I find it very tasty and rich.

BcE

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: June 02, 2018 01:02AM

I don't think so. Back when I was a kid, we still had bottles of milk delivered to our house by the milkman. I was a chubby kid, so my mother started me on skim milk when I was still fairly small. She had these unbreakable aluminum glasses, and she assigned me the blue one, so I never realized that the skim milk had a bluish tinge to it.

I still like to drink milk - a nutritional shake every morning. I was using a high-protein mix until my nephrologist raised Cain about that, but I still like the convenience of having a quick, tasty "shake" for breakfast. Just not that high in protein.

Posted by: Anon K Tutu ( )
Date: June 02, 2018 10:59AM

Then Mom mixed it with real milk....that was lil better. It had some fat. We used it on our hot cereal.

But the bluish color was ugly.

I don't drink milk....now. But I like my nonfat plain organic yogurts.
I could use the fat....but my gut says otherwise.

KJ Tutu

I need to ask my kids about it....can't remember if I tried it with them....half dry & half whole milk.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: June 02, 2018 11:56PM

If it looked bluish it was probably old and spoiling.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: June 02, 2018 02:03PM

My parents didn't "make" us drink powdered milk, but we drank it sometimes, if we had no fresh milk available.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: June 03, 2018 05:35AM

My parents tried to get us to drink powdered milk once. I would not be surprised if the powdered milk was something developed by the military, specifically to drop behind enemy lines and crush the opposing army's morale.
Drinking that powdered milk should be classified as a punishment.

Date: June 03, 2018 07:55AM

I had to try to feed NIDO to kids in a preschool where I worked because the owner was too cheap to spend money on the wholesome unhomoginized milk mentioned earlier even though it is no more expensive than food factory milk. Even NIDO tastes like crap and the children wouldn't drink it and I poured buckets of it down the drain when she wasn't looking. She would have made me serve it even when it was bright blue from mold.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: June 03, 2018 04:33PM

Yes. They didn't make us but sometimes that was the only option.

One morning, I didn't finish my morning breakfast (Puffed Wheat) and as all the rest of the family got a warm dinner I got my chilled, leftover, soggy cereal.

Naturally, I didn't eat 'dinner'.

Guess what popped out for breakfast the next day.
Guess who didn't eat it.
Guess who hates puffed cereal and will never eat it again.

M@t

Date: June 03, 2018 08:27PM

My parents tried that "keep serving it until they get so hungry they finally eat it" method of getting me to clean my plate. It didn't work. I had a stash of candy in my room so I didn't ever get hungry enough to eat a nasty leftover plate of food served over and over cold. What were parents thinking when they tried that method of discipline? My parents finally decided I wasn't getting proper nutrition so they quit serving that plate of uneaten food after about three tries.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: June 03, 2018 06:45PM

Luckily i am allergic to dairy, well maybe not so lucky.

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: June 03, 2018 11:46PM

I grew up in a large family, eating cold cereal every morning for years. My mother would mix 1/2 powdered milk in to real milk for years. We never knew the difference. I actually like the taste of powdered milk. I guess I'm strange.

But I can't remember the last time I had any dairy. Don't miss it one bit. When I used milk in my coffee, I was constantly clearing my throat.

T-Bone

Posted by: Chipsnsalsa(not signed in) ( )
Date: June 15, 2018 10:05PM

Heck. Yes.

Mom would occasionally buy a rare treat...milk from the store in a gallon jug. When it was gone, she filled it with nonfat powdered.

Woe before whoever poured the first glass.

Posted by: Brother Bacon Sandwich ( )
Date: June 15, 2018 10:39PM

My parents were on that kick. Was not good. Seems like later there was a brand that wasn't as nasty. I'm thinking the name was Zoom? Still not good. My dad was a doctor. We lived frugally, but that was silly.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: June 16, 2018 01:28AM

I was one lucky kid.... my parents were comfortably well off

so my mother never used that stuff. She thought it was tacky

to use it so we never had to try it. Whew !!!! it sounds like

I dodged a bullet.

I remember years after that , that I had bought powdered milk

for our years supply and we opened it up because it was kinda

too old and it looked just like cememt... yikes.. we just

threw it away. I can't imagine anyone actually drinking that

sludge.

Posted by: lindy ( )
Date: June 16, 2018 02:39AM

I'd love to know how much milk costs in the US. Here in Oz supermarkets own brand full cream or 2% ( called HiLo here) costs around AUD $1 a litre..that's around 75 cents US.

Listening to all this powdered milk stuff makes me very thankful my childhood was in Scotland where 4 pints of lovely fresh full cream milk were delivered by the milkman every day in the early hours.

Date: June 16, 2018 02:48AM

I buy organic, which is a bit more pricey. I buy a half gallon of 1% for around $4.50. Don't know what that would be in any other currency. I've had full fat goats milk and that's delicious. But it's hard to find here.

Posted by: lindy ( )
Date: June 16, 2018 04:24AM

Yeah..organic is more expensive. I just checked what a half gallon is in litres and 2 litres is just over a half gallon apparently. So I'm paying $2 Aus for a half gallon which is around $1.50 US. Current rate of exchange is one Aussie dollar is around 75 US cents.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 16, 2018 06:10AM

I've been buying organic recently for a change. It's $3.29 a gallon v. the $1.69 a gallon I pay for skim milk that's non-organic. It's a creamier flavor, so I like it better (for fat-free.)

Our family kept a dairy cow where I grew up on a small farm in Idaho. We always had a steady supply of fresh unpasteurized milk on hand. With growing kids it came in useful. It has a distinct flavor though that took awhile to cultivate. We would skim the cream off the milk each day after it rose to the top. Dad would sometimes have us kids take turns churning the cream into butter. That is hard work!

As for powdered milk, haven't drank it in years. If I needed to, it wouldn't bother me because I don't mind it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2018 06:14AM by Amyjo.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.