Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 06:15PM

Yes, that's "billion" with a B. The investments reportedly include big pharma along with Mormon-owned companies.

https://mormonleaks.io/wiki/index.php?title=Investment_Portfolios_Connected_to_the_Mormon_Church

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: angela ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 06:43PM

And Nelson has the f-in NERVE to tell those in African countries that paying tithing will help them get out of financial distress....

UN-F-ING believable...

Oh wait, this is LDS INC. Yep, that is about how they operate

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 08:00PM

No wonder they’re fighting so hard against MMJ. I’ll bet that gets picked up.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 09:09PM

Imagine how many other ones they have. Ensign Peak isn't even listed. They are the ones that invest the Trust money from Deseret Trust Company.

Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 10:18PM

Haha I posted it to!hope the Mormon church gets bankrupt

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: May 30, 2018 10:40PM

this is what they discovered, but rest assured there is piles more that is hidden all in numerous trust accounts, so many meant to confuse the public and us snoopers.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: June 01, 2018 02:34AM

The IRS should give the church this alternative. They would get to pick either one: 1.) Give up their tax empt status, or 2.) Start filing the same financial forms that a public company must file. Their financial statements should all be constructed using 'Generally Accepted Accounting Practices' (GAAP) as are defined by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB). If they are given any leeway at all to decide what they want to disclose, they will publish some little thing that looks real, but that still hides their darkest secrets. If they are forced to use GAAP rules, there is no gray area. If they leave anything critical out, someone goes to prison for fraud. I recently found forms on the IRS website that anyone can fill out and turn in to the IRS if they suspect abuse of any organization's tax free status.

Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: June 01, 2018 03:26AM

So, is it your belief that the church doesn't pay taxes on the "for profit" side of it's operations?

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: June 01, 2018 07:52AM

Your question wasn't directed to me, but it is my belief that line is blurred. Building meeting houses and missionary expenses should be taxed like regular businesses. Most of tithing should not be considered a charitable donation.

What they (most religions) do is similar to building franchises and advertising expenses IMO. There is nothing that should be tax exempt about religions selling their religion and building to house their religion. Actual charitable acts do not involve peddling their product.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 08:38PM

it seems that you shut up Jaxson pretty well with your response. we will see how log that lasts.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: June 01, 2018 03:46AM

What is the intent of the Mormon cult? What are they planning to do with all that money?

They're not going to donate it to the poor, that's for sure.

Do they want to take over the world? Oh, that's right, the Mormons have always said that this is their intention. They won't stop until they have duped "every nation, kindred, tongue, and people," or however that scripture read, that I was forced to memorize.

Mormon Mainfest Destiny.

Is this why they are focused on Africa, right now? They need numbers. A head-count of soldiers to man the battles, "as the Armies of Helaman."

Mormonism scares the hell out of me!

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 07:27PM

Late to the thread I know, but I was wondering if the SEC is investigating these LLCs to see if LDS, Inc was using them to hide the extent of their stock ownership in one or more companies. I know companies have to publically report if they own more than 5% of a company, or if they own 5% and they sell part or all of their stake such that they drop below it must be reported.

Not reporting, and using shell companies to avoid reporting could be a major violation of securities law.

Are you honest in your dealings with your fellow men?

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 10:10PM

scared the h$%% out of them and they decided never to be poor again.

Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 11:21PM

Is it just me or are most of the morg's LLC's financial related!??

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: June 14, 2018 03:17AM

LDSInc. are Made Masons.

Posted by: reinventinggrace ( )
Date: June 15, 2018 11:37AM

So, all these are holding companies.

Do we know what assets they own?

Seems it wouldn’t be too hard to take it to the next level. Ranches? Insurance companies? 4.99% of Coca-Cola?

RG

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 15, 2018 01:00PM

LDS Corp is basically (in my opinion) a conversion of a collective's non-profit resources (tithing) into for profit resources (businesses + land) all the while engaging in incestuous graft (temple building) and resources gifting (condos in City Creek for apostles) with actual charitable activities being a side effect for this legal money laundering machine.

If you are on the inside and can see the big picture but suck its teat instead of leave it in disgust you have no personal integrity at all.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: June 15, 2018 02:11PM

I really hate to do this but, this is a list of holing companies. They are equivalent to a hedgefund, a privately held company that invests in publicly traded assets. That matters because not only are they under no obligation to revel their investors to us, they are also under strict obligation to report to the IRS their individual investors earnings. None of these are able to be used as a tax shelter. So, if there are earnings of any kind in an investment vehicle like this there are going to be taxes paid. I'm so sure of this that I'll say end of discussion.

That's not to say that LDS inc isn't the investor, that is to say that if they are they are paying taxes on those earnings. Although I'll mention that they are unlikely to be part of some of these because of some of the churning activities. If I had multiple billions of dollars I would want to decrease my tax liability and short term gains are expensive.

Posted by: Exmo53 ( )
Date: June 15, 2018 03:51PM

Would love to get Steve Benson's opinion on this leak..his interpretation? How significant is this?

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: June 15, 2018 05:28PM

Poor Heavenly Father needs to save money on chapel janitorial expenses so our beloved Bishop has a Ward Chapel Cleaning Coordinator who calls us all up on a regular basis to have the blessed opportunities to clean up all the holy #2s in the sacred chapel toilets. Thus I really can't have enough time to read such articles as presented in this thread. We are so blessed indeed to have the glorious gospel running our lives :)

Posted by: Jane Cannary ( )
Date: June 15, 2018 06:31PM

This is what immediately came to my mind. How many members read this and wonder why the heck they are cleaning temples and chapels. Using their own tools and products to add insult to injury.

Why isn't TSCC providing jobs to people who clean for a living by hiring people to do it? That's even better than charity IMHO.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.