Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: June 07, 2018 09:14PM

Roses seem to be everywhere! Even in our yard, not only are the red roses in peak bloom but so are the white wild roses! The grass is a gorgeous green.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: June 07, 2018 09:21PM

I don't even know what white wild roses look like! I don't think I've ever seen wild roses.

What you describe sounds wonderful.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 11:56AM

Wild roses are very small and grow quickly. Instead of large blooms, each flower is about half an inch in diameter and has handful of tiny petals. The rose stems naturally have thorns.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 03:17PM

There are wild roses that grow in Idaho. We'd see them when camping and backpacking back in the day.

And wild mint! Dad used to pick mint leaves when he'd go fishing, from the creek and river banks. Then bring it back home and cook up a batch of fresh mint jelly. It was delicious.

Date: June 07, 2018 09:25PM

My primroses are just coming into bloom. And my tea roses. My Nike lilacs are in full bloom, and I just discovered that a nest of Cardinals have made their home inside my lilac tree this year. They are rare around here, it's much more common to see red robins than Cardinals. So I'm enjoying their presence before their babies leave the nest.

:)

Date: June 07, 2018 09:31PM

I didn't plant a single primrose in my yard. Out of the several hybrid variety of roses I've planted, they've gradually been replaced by a red primrose. Except for the pale pink tea rose on the opposite side of the house. All the roses (there were five varieties, none of them were red roses or primroses,) have turned into red primroses since last summer. Weird science.

The initial red primrose in my yard replaced a pale yellow peace rose 15-20 years ago. After my dad died, I drove home from the funeral/airport to see the only peace rose that shrub gave me that whole summer (it was August.) By the next spring the peace rose had died. Two summers later out of the ground grew three little primrose shrubs where the peace rose once stood.

That seemed strange too, since I didn't plant any of those.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2018 09:32PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: June 07, 2018 10:00PM

American Beauty, Zepherine Drouhin, and the like. The Hybrid teas and the David Austins should carry me through the summer, if I can just get the black spot in check!

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: June 07, 2018 10:28PM

Helps them perk up (seriously).

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: June 08, 2018 11:08AM

I found some great miniature roses at Trader Joe’s. There were four tiny plant in each pot, which I separated. Now I have this “ranch” of mini roses. So fun! :D

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: June 08, 2018 08:08PM

Wish there was a place we could share pictures of flowers, fossils, fun, finds and such.

Loving the spring FLOWERs.
They give me POWER.

M@t

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: June 08, 2018 10:39PM

Moremany said:

<Wish there was a place we could share pictures of flowers, fossils, fun, finds and such.>

There are sites you can upload pictures to share.

Somebody might look into it set something up.

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000755.htm

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2018 10:42PM by tumwater.

Date: June 08, 2018 10:37PM

Picked up a flat of large gold marigolds interlaced with white marigolds (tinged with pink,) for a nice contrast today at the local co-op. Wasn't going to plant any more this spring, but changed my mind when I spotted these lovely beauties. It's a weekend project. :)

Date: June 10, 2018 03:13PM

The African marigolds are now in the ground where they belong.

They bloom really nicely well into fall. :)

Posted by: Anon 3 ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 09:12AM

The david austins!! How i love david austin rachels. I need climbers since my wisteria was all ripped out. My plants overgrow by nothing cheers me up more than scents and watching the squirrels do a full body fly.onto the cherries. We battle the squirrels and birds for the cherries.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 10:47AM

On a trail where I walk there's a fence with massive cascading pink and white wild roses. I see hikers photographing them every day or two. That's good because the the blooms won't last long.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 03:29PM

My dandelions are SPECTACULAR!

I'm thinking about making wine.

Thank you for the lovely mental picture of the roses. I can almost smell them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.