Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 08:54PM

More money to be made in shopping than baptisms for dead.

Malls are failing across America because of Amazon. Is it just another commercial real estate holding to divest in?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 09:01PM

Did they announce that the church would fund low income housing for those struggling with making ends meet? Oh, I forgot, those with low incomes need to tithe to build the Mormon Empire. Silly me!

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 09:11PM

If it's by the temple will it have an ice cream parlor connected by tunnel to the temple?

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 10:17PM

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood where I came to as a lad and now reside in the days of my dotage.

A plethora of signage rings the Historic Temple District but any such signage is strangely missing 4 blocks south proclaiming the boundary of el barrio de la Mesa.

Posted by: jett ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 11:03PM

I've always thought of Mesa to be a kind of run down city. Seems like all the freaky news stories come out of there most of the time.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: June 19, 2018 12:56PM

I always smile when I remember meeting you out on your bike. You're doing dotage right :)

Posted by: xxMMMooo ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 11:29PM

It used to be kind of a hole in the wall town but it has exploded in recent years ... with almost half a million people it's actually much larger than SLC though it doesn't seem like it.

Posted by: hippiegypsy ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 04:31PM

xxMMMooo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It used to be kind of a hole in the wall town but
> it has exploded in recent years ... with almost
> half a million people it's actually much larger
> than SLC though it doesn't seem like it.

truth! Downtown Mesa looks amazing since they redid it. The Metro Light Rail was also a great addition. Home prices have increased as well.

Posted by: jcnotlogged in ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 11:49PM

Is it me, or am I nuts? I just find TSCC's building of this and that to be grotesque. I'm just sick of it all. Taking from the members their money and not telling them the truth about Joseph Smith and church history. I wish nothing but the worst to "come to pass" for the elite leadership. They just make my skin crawl now that I see what they really are all about.

Posted by: jett ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 11:52PM

As if $33 Billion were not enough money for them. They want more, more, more. At the expense of the members and taxpayers.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 03:09PM

I wish they would come clean and rename their enterprise "The Real Estate Development Corporation of Latter-Day Snakes".

Posted by: helenm ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 12:24AM

What a waste of tithing money on LDS Inc part. I mean seriously? Jesus decided he wanted another mall????

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 01:22AM

They should put their money where their mouths are by building jaredite barges.

Posted by: Hank Hand-me-Graft ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 01:32AM

The families of top Church leaders made a FORTunE from the City Creek Mall (construction companies, suppliers of everything from chandelleirs to nails and wood). I would think they're gonna do the same in Mesa. WHO CARES if the Mall closes in four years? The money is made is the BUILDING of it, not the sales of sh*t nobody needs, that you can get cheaper and faster via Amazon or Walmart.

funeral taters Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2018/06/07/this-we
> ek-in-mormon-land-nelson-urges-social-media-fast-p
> lans-for-city-creek-south-unveiled-more-on-former-
> priesthoodtemple-ban/
>
> Cha-ching!

Posted by: Hank Hand-me-Graft ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 01:34AM

Rich Mormons live in Scottsdale, north of Mesa. Well-off Mormons live in Chandler. Up and coming Mormons live in Gilbert. Mormons who'd like to be rich and well-off but never will be live in Mesa. Keep paying that tithe buh-----die.

Posted by: DaveinTX ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 12:14PM

This is their way of money laundering……. They pay the leading family's companies to do the building, supply the raw materials, etc. Same way drug dealers do it. Who cares if it is viable. Protected money obtained without being taxed is distributed to the selected few.

Follow the money; always follow the money!

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 11:30AM

The park stays, right? I know the church has been vulturing around the idea for years to acquire everything around the temple. Dairy Queen stays for sure.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: June 19, 2018 12:58PM

I think the Dairy Queen has been sold. My theory--sick of dealing with Mormons.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 12:16PM

IT IS A CORPORATE BUSINESS PERIOD END OF QUOTE

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 03:13PM

I know I already said it but a better name is:

The Real Estate Development Corporation of Latter-day Snakes.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: June 19, 2018 12:32PM

The church is a holding company.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: June 19, 2018 12:59PM

I know that this is God's one true and living real estate development corporation (with just one shareholder). Of this I bear my solemn witness in the name of the Almighty Dollar. Amen.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: June 19, 2018 01:10PM

It's actually a brilliant way to get more money from members.

A church built mall will give members a reason to spend the </= 90% of their money after they pay tithing.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: June 19, 2018 01:32PM

The Dairy Queen was the one true treat at the end of a long boring day at the temple.

Posted by: ex-mesonotlogged ( )
Date: July 01, 2018 01:30PM

Just like the dunkin donuts was the "to be" spot after church. Sugar high needed after BS lessons and monotone speakers.

Posted by: exmesanotlogged ( )
Date: July 01, 2018 01:41PM

All the homes around the temple are ancient and will be cheap to buy because they are all owned by old Mormons who go to the temple daily. Perhaps they will trade the old guys a "second anointing card" for their property...like a monopoly game.

At the least, they get 10% back on tithing income from sale of property.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: June 19, 2018 04:56PM

Meanwhile, African Mormons are assured to know that their church spends billions to fight "urban blight" in medium-sized, Midwestern, American cities.

Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: June 19, 2018 09:42PM

Hasn't the morg figured out that malls are dying!?? You get almost anything off Amazon, Walmart, Ebay, Jet etc.....!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.