Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: June 11, 2018 11:00PM

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2018/06/11/commentary-most-mormons-still-believe-the-racist-priesthoodtemple-ban-was-gods-will-survey-shows/

The vast majority of Mormons are racist MF'ers who believe God is the same yesterday, today and forever, used to be a racist, like them, but changed his mind in 1978 and now he's totally not a racist! Miracle of miracles, 14yrs after the rest of society passed the Civil Rights Act.

The good news is that us ExMo's look great compared to Mormons, only 1/5 of us ExMo's are racist enough to believe the ban was inspired by their racist God.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2018 11:09PM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Politic ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 01:39AM

I am not sure if most UK Mormons are racist but TSCC gave them an excuse to be.
After twisting myself in knots explaining the ban, I then had to twist myself in knots explaining how an unchanging God changed his mind.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 02:13AM

The Mormon cult uses God as a scapegoat.

This is a perfect example.

Another example is that the mormons STILL claim that God commanded polygamy. But Utah wanted to become a state, so they banned it, but Joseph F. Smith (my ancestor) President of the church, kept practicing it in secret. When the Mormons decided they could make more money and members without polygamy, they banned it.

But they STILL claim that polygamy is God's way, and that there is polygamy in heaven. They claim that God has many wives. They claim that Jesus had many wives, who were those women mentioned in the Bible.

This is blasphemy against God!

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 02:42AM

any active Mormon studying this is headed for some cog dis., maybe that's why the Mothership, LDS, Inc. discourages introspection.

Yes Virginia, the assets are safe, even with a manageable level of discord among the rank-and-file of the franchise subscribers...

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 03:59AM

The Mormon cult refuses to acknowledge or apologize for its racist past. This is the result—faithful Mormons who cannot imagine their church leaders making mistakes. And, this was a terrible mistake.

What is especially onerous about this article is that Mormons of color (in this survey) agreed with the priesthood ban. This shows the extreme enculturation the cult thrusts on its members. Fuck the Mormon Church and its non-repentant leaders!

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 07:29AM

I totally agree with Boner here.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 09:53AM

The ban was clearly God's will.

Book of Abraham. Cannon Scripture. Clearly states Pharaoh was of that lineage that was denied the priesthood. Plain and simple. No oh it was the times. No oh it was of man. It clearly states the descendants of Ham, the son of Noah were the lineage denied the priesthood.

The bible defines Ham as the father of the African races.

I still don't get this "we don't know" line from Liars of the church.

Own it folks.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 14, 2018 03:34AM

I’d definitely give a book universally considered to be “an impudent fraud” a lot of credence.

And the lineage of Noah, I’ll just ignore that genetics blows that apart.

I think if you don’t like black people, don’t kidnap and enslave them. The truth is, Brigham Young never respected anyone who wouldn’t kiss his ass.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: June 14, 2018 11:19AM

Heartless Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The ban was clearly God's will.
>
> Book of Abraham. Cannon Scripture. Clearly states
> Pharaoh was of that lineage that was denied the
> priesthood. Plain and simple. No oh it was the
> times. No oh it was of man. It clearly states the
> descendants of Ham, the son of Noah were the
> lineage denied the priesthood.
>
> The bible defines Ham as the father of the African
> races.
>
> I still don't get this "we don't know" line from
> Liars of the church.
>
> Own it folks.

Mormons are liars. No two ways about it. Ive had this conversation numerous times with Mormons. They ALL lie, or avoid the conversation like the plague.

Posted by: xxMMMooo ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 05:10AM

The church should not have allowed black members in any capacity, not just the priesthood, from the start. It would have saved a lot of trouble later on.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 07:01AM

And Brigham Young started it after Joseph was dead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2018 07:02AM by anybody.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 08:22AM

This is why I think that as a part of the church's apology to the world for their institutional racism, that a part of their repentance should include changing the name of BYU in Provo to be named after a black scholar, and also to rename all church schools that have the name BYU in them, to some other name that does not involve Brigham Young. Brigham Young's legacy should be one of a racist. If BYU has ever had a black BYU graduate, perhaps they can name their University after that person now. If not, they can do some research and get permission to use the name of a non-member who qualifies academically and who is black. Any other path that leaves their University honoring a known racist day-in and day-out is not acceptable.

Date: June 13, 2018 10:07AM

Yeah, that's hilarious.

Posted by: Intelligent Donkey ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 02:10PM

A very interesting poll. Fundamentally doesn't this question make a TBM decide between:

1. God was racist, or
2. All prophets until 1978 were racist, and god never corrected them.

It is not surprising that TBM's would go for option 1. Option 2 undermines their basic beliefs too much. With option 1 they can also say we don't understand why but god must have had a reason.

It's a tough spot for TBM's when, to protect their beliefs, they have to believe in a racist god.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 02:44PM

Mormons who aren't racist also use "it was God's will" to make themselves feel better about belonging to a church with racist policies/beliefs.

Posted by: TX Rancher ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 10:44PM

I don't think that TBMs believe god was racist and then changed his mind..they think that there was "a reason" for the ban, but they just don't know "why". That's good enough for them.

There is no contemplation that it was a decision by a church leader, without benefit of revelation, based on racist or ignorant opinions. It just was the rule and no debate.

They can't comprehend it was based on racism.

There is evidence in the bible, I believe, of contradictory commandments and laws or changes (based on interpretation) that lead people to reconcile and unchanging god with changes to other instructions to how we are to live. Dumb things like "Thou shalt not kill" and then commanding Abraham to kill his son or Nephi to kill whoever that guy was....so if you can't reconcile those things, why try to understand the ban on blacks?

For TBMs, the overwhelming modern day evidence of Joseph Smith's fraud (marrying 14 year olds, nobody ever seeing the golden plates except with their "spiritual eyes," the hoax of the translation of the Book of Abraham, the Word of Wisdom that was ignored for decades until someone finally decided what it really meant, etc.) doesn't matter. "We just don't know" and that's enough.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: June 14, 2018 09:10AM

+1.0x10^9

Date: June 14, 2018 02:55AM

It's a destructive mind-controlling, wallet-sucking, family breaking cult but blacks have as much right to be sucked into it as anybody else

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.