Date: June 13, 2018 07:55PM
General note: it takes me a while to make decisions, like about a year. I'm going to put a lot of thought into getting another dog, what type, and so on.
1. summer: DOG SHOW! What's the dress code? I'd like to wear a funky hat and sensible shoes. Seriously, I've never been to one, and it sounds fun and is a good idea.
2. VoidKPecker: I love Irish Wolfhounds <3 I can't do the hound thing, sadly. One boundary of my property is a river with a steep 15-foot bank. That didn't stop my friend's Walker Hound from zooming down the bank and following his nose to some campers and their hotdogs.
3. AmyJo: So sorry about the asthma. :-( I have it, too, and it's triggered by allergies. The cottonwood trees are horrible. I think my yard (a bit shy of an acre might be big enough - JoeSmith666 will let me know). Bernese mountain dogs - will they carry my drank?
4. dagny: <3 Yes. Both!
5. Hiya, KJ! My dog leaves our cats alone (it probably helps that they're inside cats and can't be chased up a tree), but she loses her mind when the neighborhood cats come by at night.
6. Aquarius123: I like the way you think! How's your first week of retirement going?
7. olderelder: Heh :-)
8. Tahoe Girl!!! <3 Haha, yeah... Ha! Too hot. Okay. I'll do some research about the weather. We get about a week of ungodly hot weather (high 80s, I think we hit the mid 90s last year), but I have a bunch of old growth trees, so the yard is mostly shade, and the house is cool.
9. TALL MAN WITH THA SHORT HAIR! Yah. I am big on brushing my dog's teeth, and I don't know if I can deal with massive drool down my arm.
10. Insomnia: Right?! Yeah, my neighbor's dog barks all night. Makes me crazy and very unhappy. One of my dog's commands is, "Shhhh, no bark." She's pretty good about not barking except for at the guy down the road in the motorized wheelchair. (ugh) She's getting better (we moved here in October), and he's very nice, but es no bueno.
11. Gheco: They are amazing animals.
12. cl2: Yeah - that' probably the last time I saw one. It's like someone stole all of the St. Bernards.
13. JoeSmith666: I have ~0.75 acres bordered by a river. Wooded area in general. I don't know if that's enough space for a big dog. Joy is 90 lbs. I work from home most days. When Joy was a puppy, I took her to doggie daycare when I went to work. Um...yeah, I have the time, energy and temperament, but if you think I don't have enough land, I'll heed your advice. Joy is a ball nut, so we're out there playing before work, at lunch, after work, and she's zooming about outside most of the time. Before we moved here, we lived in an apartment, and we went to a HUGE dog park every morning. I take her pretty much everywhere with me. Somewhat related, do you have ducks? I'm thinking about having ducks next spring. (I'm doing research now.) Do you have fowl, and how do the dogs get along with them?
14. ILikeBigDogs! (I cannot lie!) - that's a great site. Thank you!
15. boilerluv: Ha! yeah, my kid told me that having me as a mom is like herding cats. :-)
K - more work, because dog food ain't cheap.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2018 07:59PM by Beth.