Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anononononon ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 11:13PM

It's this custom kit made from exotic herbs, healing oils, and butters from around the world. It also comes with a spiritual pamphlet on how to improve your well-being and health so you can grow hair to its potential.

I'm kind of desperate to get my hair to grow and this seems like something that might actually work.

But, $200+ is a lot of money.

What do you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 11:25PM

Google hair growth treatment reviews.

Maybe your product is listed, but it seems all the products to lose weight, something to make you harder and longer, get the body of twenty year old and all basically scams to get your money.

Be honest with you search for information, but be willing to accept the results if you buy the product.

Posted by: European_ ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 11:34PM

I remember about 20 years ago reading about a trial for a hair regrowth product in the UK. One of the groups in the trial was raving about the product, saying they'd had amazing regrowth. They turned out to be a control group and all they were putting on their scalp was E45 cream, a cheap paraffin and lanolin moisturisers. You can get it for $12 on Amazon!

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 11:35PM

If you get a good set of extensions, they can help give your natural hair a break, make it look fuller, meanwhile you can try diet, etc., to help your natural hair grow in healthier. Hair tends to grow ~0.5 inches per month, and I don't think that can be changed much, but healthy hair appears to be longer because it breaks off less.

Please note - I'm talking about a good set of extensions by someone who has a ton of experience. Try going in for a consultation, look at the stylist's book, and see if they're practicable.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 11:40PM

ziller can confirm this thred ~

ziller have spiritual pamphlet ~

an ~

ziler hab hair ~ (srs) ~ ''

can confirm ~

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 03:45AM

Ziller, my wife wants to marry you. I suppose I'm jealous.

ziller Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ziller can confirm this thred ~
>
>
>
> ziller have spiritual pamphlet ~
>
>
> an ~
>
>
> ziler hab hair ~ (srs) ~ ''
>
>
>
>
> can confirm ~

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 11:44PM

I'm sort of a deviant but there is nothing sexier than a bald guy who doesn't care.

Seriously it sounds crazy but if you want to spend money spend it on an expensive haircut instead.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 11:46PM

And I'm with siobhan. Much sexy.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 01:41AM

Rogaine would be substantially less expensive. Herbs, oils, and butters are not going to make hair magically sprout from your scalp.

If you are talking about making hair that you already have longer, a good quality shampoo and conditioner will help keep your hair in good shape, but very fine hair will only grow so much before splitting. In which case I agree with Beth that you should consider extensions.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 01:48AM

$250 for a hair care kit? Sure, and I have a religion I can sell you. Only 10% of your income for life and you get to be a god.

Posted by: nevermojohn ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 01:50AM

In all seriousness, do the Picard. Jean-Luc Picard.

Posted by: captainklutz ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 03:32AM

Make it so!

Posted by: captainklutz ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 03:34AM

I have a large, international Orange, bridge for sale. Perhaps you'd like one to go with your new head of hair?

Personally, I'd recommend a Dacron hair replacement to match our Fearless Leader.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 04:43AM

Honestly, it sounds like a scam to me.

Use that money closer to home. A good haircut does wonders. Pamper yourself in other ways.

If hair loss is serious, see a doctor - a real doctor. Quality hair care products, even if they make an improvement, aren't going to replace hair loss. That's a physical condition. $250 is a ripoff. Compare shop the ingredients. Check Consumer Reports. Better Business Bureau where the company is headquartered online for its reviews and complaints. Do your homework. I think you'll find in short order it's a scam.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 04:24PM

S C A M !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: quidprostatusquo ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 05:21PM

Because stressing about not being able to take the sacrament made your hair fall out?

There, I made it relevant.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 05:28PM

She always told people to use Biotin, which is very cheap at Walmart.

Posted by: Been There ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 05:47PM

Balding is different in men than it is in women, and you didn't indicate which category you are.

One thing is the same with both sexes--the $250 treatment is probably a scam.

I went to a dermatologist, who specializes in the scalp. He said that Rogaine sometimes works--but not much. There's a hormone treatment that works for men only, but is dangerous if a pregnant woman comes in contact with it. My son used this, until he got married, and it helped some. The best way is to get expensive hair plugs. This is painful, and looks really weird, and needs to be re-done, to keep up with nature's ever-receeding hair growth. That's why some of the hair-plug operations are touted as "hair clubs". Because you have to keep going back, forever. (Just like with face-lifts and breast implants, these procedures need "updating.")

My aunts became quite bald, with old age. One went to a fancy Neiman Marcus hair salon, and was still considered to be beautiful and gracious in old age. She kept trim, exercised, wore makeup, had facials (no surgery, ever), dressed nice. Her younger sister didn't do anything to maintain herself, withdrew socially, and she looked awful. Some of mother's old friends wear wigs, and others wear partial wigs. My grandmother went bald around the top of her head, but her hair around the bottom was full and long. She braided the bottom hair, and wound it around the top of her hair. She made public appearances, and speeches, and always looked nice. She advised her bald daughters to "Smile, and make a lot of faces, and no one will notice the rest of it."

It's expensive to invest in nicer clothes, facials and beauty treatments, dental care and nice teeth, and it's an inconvenience to exercise, but this is the route to go, male or female.

Work on your self-esteem. Mormonism is notorious for stripping away a person's confidence, and they preach that self-love is wicked. You must love your self, in order to love others to the full extent.

Handsomest man, ever: My cousin, who went completely bald in his early thirties, but what a great smile, and beautiful eyes, and muscles. We're talking about just looks, but he does have a sense of humor, personality, intelligence, and warmth.

Most beautiful, regal, perfect woman, ever: My grandmother with the braids.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 06:18PM

I guess I'm lucky or have good genes. I've washed my hair in the shower with regular shampoo every day for over a half a century with no hair loss and I have a great, thick head of hair. The expensive salon stuff just adds to their bottom line with little or no benefit IMHO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2018 06:18PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.