Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 11:23PM

Me: THU 7:31PM
Maybe you could ask your Bishop some questions for me and get back to me with some answers I've been trying to get ever since before I left?
That prevent me from returning. If you come up with honest answers I will go back to church.
#1. Why did Mormons exclude blacks from the temples prior to 1978, when you don't need the priesthood to get into a temple, since women get in daily w/o the priesthood?

Mormon: Okay I’ll do it that thanks

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2018 11:26PM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 11:43PM

There seems to be no reason for the church to have excluded black women from the temple prior to 1978. Likewise, black men should have been allowed to do baptisms for the dead. An arguement could be made to exclude black men from the temple in cases where the black man would be required to exercise the priesthood. But those are all just semantics. Blacks were excluded because of mormon institutionalized racism.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2018 11:44PM by azsteve.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 11:50PM

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 02:47AM

It continues...

Well I can tell you I don’t need to talk about I my Bisphop because I read the Book of Mormon everyday, you see Brother the devil angles are in your heart that’s where the dwell.... the spirits in your mind, heart, and body. Your thinking with your heart not your brain.

just answer my question. Ask the missionaries.

Okay sure thing brother
7:39PM

https://youtu.be/WIdLgbBoiMI
At ‘Be One’ Celebration, a Call for Optimism and Overcoming Prejudice
“Only the comprehension of the true Fatherhood of God can bring full appreciation of the true brotherhood of men and the true sisterhood of women,” said Pres...
youtube.com

Did you get an answer to my question?

Ya we just celebrated that revelation

Why did you discriminate against blacks in the first place? Was that a revelation?
Is God a racist?

I don’t know why don’t we pRay about it

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2018/06/11/commentary-most-mormons-still-believe-the-racist-priesthoodtemple-ban-was-gods-will-survey-shows/
Commentary: Most Mormons still believe the racist priesthood/temple ban was God’s will, survey shows
This month,<a href="https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2018/06/03/one-sunday-they-received-the-sacrament-the-next-they-blessed-it-how-life-changed-for-black-mormons-after-the-priesthood-ban/">; Mormons are celebrating the reversal of the priesthood/temple ban</a> that was in place in the LDS Church unti...
sltrib.com

I don’t need to understand everything no do I wish to
That’s god job

Do you believe the ban was divine revelation? I can't believe something that requires me to disregard science and that dehumanizes others. Mormon doctrine is still white supremacist AF.

I love you brother I pray for you and your family be well....
Jesus loves you too

Thanks. I'd still love an honest answer to my question however.

I hear hate in your message the same hate that your taking about is the same hate on your message. Did Jesus not die for our sins?
I'm not the one who nates. I hate hate. Mormon scriptures are full of racist hate.
I quit because I couldn't justify the hatred that is still alive and well in Mormon scriptures. until the racist 19th Century bogus myths get redacted from the Mormon scriptures, any kind of an appology for racist practices in the past is meaningless. Mormonism is still one of the most racist institutions in America.

What scripture?
Scriptures that describe a God who turns people black when they sin, white when they repent and black again when they sin again.
That's racist AF.
2 Nephi 5: 21
'And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people, the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.'

Alma 3: 6
'And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren, who consisted of Nephi, Jacob and Joseph, and Sam, who were just and holy men.'

2 Nephi 30: 6
"...their scales of darkness shall begin to fall from their eyes; and many generations shall not pass away among them, save they shall be a white and a delightsome people."

NOTE: THE TERM 'WHITE' WAS CHANGED TO 'PURE' IN 1981.
3 Nephi 2:15
"And their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites."

Jacob 3: 5, 8-9
5 Behold, the Lamanites your brethren, whom ye hate because of their filthiness and the cursing which hath come upon their skins, are more righteous than you; for they have not forgotten the commandment of the Lord, which was given unto our father—that they should have save it were one wife, and concubines they should have none, and there should not be whoredoms committed among them.

8 O my brethren, I fear that unless ye shall repent of your sins that their skins will be whiter than yours, when ye shall be brought with them before the throne of God.

9 Wherefore, a commandment I give unto you, which is the word of God, that ye revile no more against them because of the darkness of their skins; neither shall ye revile against them because of their filthiness; but ye shall remember your own filthiness, and remember that their filthiness came because of their fathers.

1 Nephi 12:23
23 And it came to pass that I beheld, after they had dwindled in unbelief they became a dark, and loathsome, and a filthy people, full of idleness and all manner of abominations.

1 Nephi 13:15
15 And I beheld the Spirit of the Lord, that it was upon the Gentiles, and they did prosper and obtain the land for their inheritance; and I beheld that they were white, and exceedingly fair and beautiful, like unto my people before they were slain.

Mormon 5:15
15 And also that the seed of this people may more fully believe his gospel, which shall go forth unto them from the Gentiles; for this people shall be scattered, and shall become a dark, a filthy, and a loathsome people, beyond the description of that which ever hath been amongst us, yea, even that which hath been among the Lamanites, and this because of their unbelief and idolatry.

Moses 7:8
8 For behold, the Lord shall curse the land with much heat, and the barrenness thereof shall go forth forever; and there was a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were despised among all people.
Moses 7:22
And Enoch also beheld the residue of the people which were the sons of Adam; and they were a mixture of all the seed of Adam save it was the seed of Cain, for the seed of Cain were black, and had not place among them.

Thanks I’ll go The the missionaries about this, I’m in institute I’ll get back to you shortly.

They’re not actually talking about skin color but the presence of the devil within them. I pray in the name of Jesus Christ the that he free you of demons and release you from your bondage.
Apparently you have a reading comprehension problem. It says numerous times it's their skin color.
Try and be honest and I'll listen.
I was Mormon for 40 years. Not stupid.

No you have lost the priesthood your unclean and it hard for you to feel the spirit to interpret the doctrine correctly
Soi why'd Mormons discriminate against black skinned people if it wasn't about skin color?
Quit telling me I'm evil because I ask for honest answers, just to have you tell me bullshit.
That's not nice.
I'm not callnig you evil.
Just because you're in a church that's racist AF.
You can't tell me it's not racist and have no answer to my question as to why they discriminated against blacks for most of their history.

Your calling be racist and your full of hate give me a break
And yes I think your being tricked by the devil
That not your real problem with the church.
Let me ask you a question?
You belong to a racist church. You can't answer why it discriminated against blacks for most of its history, so you tell me I'm evil?
I quit because I realized how racist it was to remain a member of a racist church. If you're not racist, then why do you make excuses for racism?
And lie about it, saying it wasn't about skin color, when your scriptures are all about skin color as were the racist practices of the past.
Lying is evil and you're lying through your teeth.
When you say racial discrimination wasn't about skin color. BULLSHIT
It says right in black and white, it was about skin color in Mormon scriptures. Still is.

I would love to pay you a visit and explain each one of those scriptures to you with plan logic. This is just some sort of misunderstanding.
the Lord God did cause a SKIN of blackness to come upon them.'
Is that not about black SKIN?
Alma 3: 6
'And the SKINS of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren
is that not about SKIN, when it says it right in black and white?
they shall be a white and a delightsome people."
Is that not about SKIN?
"And their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites."
Is that not about SKIN?
that ye revile no more against them because of the darkness of their SKINS;
and they were a mixture of all the seed of Adam save it was the seed of Cain, for the seed of Cain were black, and had not place among them.
Is that not about SKIN?
What am I misunderstanding about Mormon scriptures that talk about black skin always being bad and white skin always being good, when the Bible does neither?
Nor do any other scriptures I've ever read.

Ya he mark of the devil
It was a curse
The devils dark curse
Your have to be a leader of your family
As a father or they will have the dark mark of the devil upon them
Obviously you've got a mental block that prevents you from reading what's written in black and white. It doesn't say anything about being a Father, or the devil, but it does say a lot about how dark skin is a curse and white skin is a blessing. That's white supremacist/racist AF. but if it's what keeps you on the straight and narrow, then more power to you Buddy.
To me, racism, misogyny and homophobia are what's really evil and Mormonism does those three more than any other church, besides the Fundamentalist version of Mormonism and their Prophet is rotting in jail for doing the same thing as Joseph Smith, sticking his dick in his follower's wives and teenage daughers.
You sing his praises knowing that? And you call me evil. haha
Hey, at least I'm not singing the praises of a cuckold bull/pedophile, so I sleep great at night.

Ya most psychopaths do
Now I'm a psychopath?
At least I'm not singing the praises of a child rapist, while children are getting raped in the church. Children I know.
Lots of them, who were enabled by this patriarchal CULT of hero worship.
Half of their cases are well documented on 6 pages of this 316 page document of court cases angainst your abusive Doomsday SEX cult.
INSTANCES_OF_CHILD_SEXUAL_ABUSE_ALLEGEDLY_PERPETRATED_BY_MEMBERS_OF_THE_CHURCH_OF_JESUS_CHRIST_OF_LATTER-DAY_SAINTS-2017-06 (1).pdf

Well I’m happy for you Bro.
Quit calling me a psychopath and that I'm evil and I'll be happy for you.

Glad u have a strong opinion
Sure thing
I quit for a good reason. Read the attachment. Yeah I don't like seeing kids getting raped and their rapists get off scott free because they had "Autority" That's bullshit.

Ya I hear ya
I taught my kids to beware of the kind of patriarchal assholes in the church that abused their power to rape kids.
Thankfully I got out before any of them were victimized.

For sure
If you ever have kids, beware of all the rapists in the church. They're enabled by the patriarchal power structure that puts asshole child rapists in positions of power and authority over kids so they can keep on raping.
It's stil going on, in my family, with Mormons and it makes me sick.
And they get away with it just like Joseph Smith and Brigham Young and Warren JEffs.
They all got away with it, except the latter.
And you sure as hell shouldn't be singing the praises of a guy who did worse than Warren jeffs to his followers.

Sure
I hear ya
So what's your question?

Do you still believe in Christ that he was the son of GOD and he died and was risen on 3 day
?
Yes I believe in Christ. Yes I believe in God. I believe Christ was telling us we are all children of God. I believe Christianity was co-opted by Constantine and made into a state religion to ensure that Roman Citizens would pay taxes as faithfully as they paid tithes and it's been working great ever since.
Christianity is an amalgumation of all the pagan religions that preceeded it, with a little Greek Stoicism and Far Eastern mysticism thorwn in with it, just to make it more universal.

That’s great brother.
Sure
It's really a rip off of Mithrus, who was the god of Roman Empire prior to Christianity.

Really
http://www.truthbeknown.com/mithra.htm
Mithra the Pagan Christ | Mithraism and Christianity | Mithras the Sun God
Mithra, the Light of the World, is an ancient sun god identified with Sol Invictus, who was born on December 25th. Mithra resembled Jesus Christ in many ways, including having a virgin birth, 12 companions and an ascension into heaven, as well as other doctrinal and ritual correspondences such as ba...
truthbeknown.com
Yeah, Mithrus was a huge Roman holiday celebrated on December 25th. The Emperor couldn't get them to stop so he just changed it to Christmas and they kept worshipping the return of the light at Winter Solstice every year, but instead of having it be about the Sun, they made it about the Son, of God.

Ok

Well at least we are both believes and let’s just leave it at that.
I'm more of a Zen Buddhist than I am a Christian. I believe God is just another name we give to the vast mystery in which we exist. There are lots of name for the same thing, Tao/Logos/Genius/Nature, all equally incapable of capturing that mystery, measuring it and weighing it. I'm content in knowing we never will, but that doesn't stop us from trying.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2018 02:51AM by koriwhore.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 05:05AM

They were rascist obviously like my grandparents were. Its just how it was back then.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 05:44PM

I know why your friend won't give up on trying to get you back to his church.

Because you keep on talking to him about it.

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 06:24PM

Do you really, honestly believe American Indians are of Jewish/Hebrew heritage?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.