Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: joebee1 ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 11:41PM

Looking to connect with Ex Mormons in NJ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 12, 2018 11:41PM

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: June 12, 2018 11:49PM

Some in DC, and I think NYC, but it's been a while since I've seen them on the board.

What part of NJ?

Keep topping your thread.

Date: June 13, 2018 05:07PM

let them know that Adams Road several which where former LDS Missionaries will be in NJ July 1 in South Toms River at Shore Vineyard Church there is no charge write me for more info

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 02:59PM

Jersey Girl posts once in awhile.

Posted by: Swiss miss ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 04:30PM

I was on a mission in Zurich, Switzerland in the early 80s. I was in the same district with an Elder from New Jersey who was a good guy and whom I really liked. He was excommunicated towards the end of his mission and sent home in disgrace. Shortly after arriving home he blew his brains out. I was really shocked and saddened when I heard the news. I was angry with the mission president and all involved who treated him like a sinner in his "court of love." I don't know what he did to get himself excommunicated. He was nice, quiet, and a hard worker. I assume he found a girlfriend and was treated like he had committed murder because of it. Whenever I look at old mission pics and see his smiling face I feel sick inside.

I'm sure this isn't what you wanted to hear when you posted. I had just come across an old mission pic of my district on a P-day excursion. We were sitting on some monkey bars in a park where we took the picture. The elder from New Jersey looked so happy. I was just looking at the picture and then saw your post.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 06:22PM

Joebee1 - we asked you not to search for converts here. We are recovering from religious abuse. Please go elsewhere

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.