Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 01:30PM

I read this and thought about their priesthood ban which was also a Black woman banned from their temple ban as well.

http://universe.byu.edu/2012/09/11/no-demand-for-caffeine-at-byu/

What if they had tried to spin their racism as a supply demand argument? I don't know how historically Black people have been drawn to Mormonism. One can ask did their ban reduce demand more than the demand to be full members would have otherwise been?

Anyway I found the above link reading these posts.

https://www.quora.com/Should-BYU-allow-caffeine-to-be-sold-on-campus

It was highly entertaining. BYU had a high demand for caffeine I believe ever since the 1950s but didn't ever sell it. Goes to show you how relative Mormonism is in their Absolutist ways. They just "do things" and that is "the way it is" yet they HAVE "continuing revelation" from a "prophet."

Really? God must only care about polygamy, ritual ways to worship, and dead people processing. Their One True God sure lets His sons muddy their waters...(Satan?)

Just think how many dead people with a "drop of" Black blood had their work done for them before 1978 and how many Mormons since the late 19th Century have had caffeine staining their blood?

God apparently doesn't have any blood so maybe that is why He chose to remain silent all those non-caffeinatedly racist years?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2018 01:32PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 01:53PM

Were there cases of black women members being told outright that they couldn't attend the temple...or just assumptions?

I never heard of any black women members going through the temple...but I never heard any instances of them being outright denied going either. I would assume they were told they couldn't attend. I just never heard of it.

Anyone have stories?

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 13, 2018 02:14PM

"For instance, Shirley Frazier, a black Mormon woman married to a white Mormon man, explained that she had long waited to make her relationship a “temple marriage … She did not think that this would happen for her or her family in her lifetime.” "
https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/commentary/2018/05/19/commentary-theres-another-part-of-the-mormon-churchs-former-ban-on-black-men-from-receiving-the-priesthood-that-we-shouldnt-forget/

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.