Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 09:19AM

HBO June 25

Directed by Don Argott (DeLorean, Batman & Bill, The Art of the Steal), Believer follows Mormon Dan Reynolds, frontman for the Grammy Award-winning band Imagine Dragons, as he takes on a new mission to explore how the Mormon Church treats its LGBTQ members. With the rising suicide rate amongst teens in the state of Utah, his concern with the church’s policies sends him on an unexpected path of acceptance and change.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2018 12:45AM by auntsukey.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 09:32AM

I would guess Dan just had too much empathy and decency inside and this is causing the ultimate Cog Dis, which is really trying to "serve two masters" to quote Jesus, some of whose fables I like as much as Aesop's.

I admire Dan and what he is doing in helping the young LGBQ. Like so many others his heart is bringing him to oppose his "inspired" leaders of the one true church and that doesn't last for long--you don't bite the hand that is holding your leash if you want to get a treat. Well, maybe if you are famous they will let it slide.

In the mean time he has two new songs out that blow my mind and I think they are brilliant because of the Cog Dis. It feeds creativity. That is my take anyway.

It is an interesting story to follow.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 10:03AM

Setting the DVR...:)

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: June 22, 2018 10:28AM

I think it's great that he's using his celebrity to shine a light on these issues. There is a concert July 28th in SLC.

"Proceeds from the concert’s ticket sales will go toward local and national LGBT charities, including Provo’s Encircle, a resource center for LGBT youth and their families."

We've got our tickets.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46292331&nid=1205

Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: June 23, 2018 06:35PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.