Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mormon nomore ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 07:09AM

I just noticed two oddities online this morning.

First, marriage trends will soon make all Mormon temples obsolete.

https://fabiusmaximus.com/2015/06/08/changing-state-of-marriage-82047/

Second,

Mormon parents can now obtain celestial waste baskets for their son's or daughter's doll house.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-LDS-Metal-Votive-Cup-Mormon-Temple-Tabernacle-Salt-Air-Bathing-Church/292615823404?hash=item442143202c:g:A2gAAOSwCHBbFGL6

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 24, 2018 08:11AM

The dollhouse waste basket is already sold.

It's actually very cute and authentic. Who would use it for a waste basket? It's a collectible.

How old do you think it is? I'm guessing it's 75-100 years old, maybe more.

Date: June 24, 2018 11:46AM

I get why you think it would make a cute accessory for an LDS doll house. I wonder just how small it really is? It's called a 'salt bath cup,' with a picture of heads bobbing in the Great Salt Lake with the temple in the backdrop.

I'll let you know if it's small enough to accessorize in a dollhouse. Since I'm the one who ordered it!

My mom floated on the Great Salt Lake as a child. Those days are gone for good. The water level has shrank so much and the lake is so polluted it is toxic today. Plus, the salt has been farmed right out of it.

Date: June 28, 2018 04:24PM

Thanks Mormon Nomore.

My collectible arrived today. According to the specs it's vintage 1940's SLC. That would've been around the time my mother's parents took their family there to swim in the Great Salt Lake.

It is a souvenir from the tourist days from back then.

There was so much salt that people really could float on the water without any effort. Similar to the Dead Sea in Israel. :)

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: June 28, 2018 11:33PM

probably originally silver-plated and gilt, it would be a souvenir of them strange Marments in Utah. The Saltair was a resort.
https://historytogo.utah.gov/utah_chapters/statehood_and_the_progressive_era/saltair.html

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 28, 2018 11:36PM

too the Great Salt Lake and they were able to float.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: June 29, 2018 12:04AM

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: June 29, 2018 03:30PM

Recently, in addition to the industrial pollution Utah Lake has toxic algae blooms.

As for the Great Salt Lake, I hiked around Antelope Island many moons ago. I remember near the water there were lots of biting flies.

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: June 29, 2018 05:14PM

I have a son who is will be turning thirty, and a grandson in his mid to late twenties. Neither one is interested in marriage.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: June 29, 2018 07:58PM

This is a great article!

" The widening education gap guarantees that the economic gap will continue to widen. We already can see the effects rippling across society as women are moving on top of men in America."

Feminist women want to be little men, what more can be said?

And this is my favorite little line from the article:
"Many girls do not even try to be agreeable to look at, much less to live with. "

This guy is spot on, can I get an Amen!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.