Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: TheGirlWhoLived ( )
Date: June 28, 2018 08:57PM

I worked as a temp in a law firm once and I know basics, but I do not have outlets to know which lawyers are really good in Utah.

Any that are not affiliated with the 'big boys' companies. Everywhere I turn here it seems so incestual. So and so knows so and so...sooo...how to get fair representation.

I have enough documentation (thanks temp job) that I have a ton of evidence of just how blatantly ignorant my employer has been.

Is there any chance of anyone willing to take on a larger company or do you get outside help. This is not a small company but about every rule was broken that I have to possibly approach this avenue.

By all that is good and holy (an old t-shirt) there has to be someone out there that is willing to represent and potentially get a large amount of money out of it.

Obviously a lawyer that can win. Preferably non-LDS as the ties run deep in maw tawn.

I'm tired of backing down. For the first time, I know what is right and true.

Thanks for any information you can give.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 28, 2018 09:32PM

Your OP title says lawyers who represent employers, but then the tenor of your post promotes the notion that you want to file for damages against an employer...

So am I correct, that you want a plaintiff attorney, working on contingency basis, who is versed in such cases, and who isn't mormon?

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: June 28, 2018 11:19PM

With Utah being a right to work state there's not much that can be done regardless of the circumstances. I am in a RTW state and watched someone get railroaded through blatant age and gender discrimination. Unfortunately, most attorneys will not take on these cases on a contingency basis because they are so difficult to win.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 29, 2018 01:34AM

Where in Utah?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.