Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wmellerychanning ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 11:48AM

It separates families at the family events of weddings and baby blessings. It hijacks the family event of funerals. By demanding tithing, it sucks out the cream of family financial resources. This makes it so there is not enough money for buying needed things for family members, for the home, and for family vacations. It reduces the parents to being perpetually broke day to day, thereby causing a never ending financial tension between the husband and the wife. It teaches the wife to disrespect and be disappointed in the man, even if silently, if he does not receive high callings. It causes the husband to know inwardly that he is inferior to these other men who are called to the high and mighty positions. It causes women to be depressed because they are locked in a world of inferiority in church and in their personal lives. While proclaiming the importance of family, the LDS church undermines it and robs it by demanding tithes and offerings which, if not paid, will doom many families to divorce. Fortunately, my wife and I resigned the church together and moved on to better things. Now the anti-family policies of the church are plain to be see.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 12:27PM

Spot on!

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 12:51PM

So agree.....when the church is part of the parenthood in a family, as 2 parents and one more, the LDS snoopy cult, making 3, there is trouble, Ultimately, the MormonCult wins any question and decision.

Should we pay tithing and fall one more month behind on our power bill? etc. etc. etc. Should we's are always won by the powerful cult.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 12:55PM

OP, I agree 100%!

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 07:25PM

Congratulations, that you got out! I didn't "get it" until my children were grown. Think of the money I could have saved!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 10:00PM

I agree, it’s also anti just about everything I value—caring, compassion, equity, fairness, people, children, friendships, reason, good art, good music, and freedom.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 10:08PM

Splendid! I agree with every word, and I've lived most of them. You should save this in your files, w.

My obnoxiously TBM father once said, "after your testimony, family is the most important thing in your life." Anyone who has been a Mormon knows that the Mormon testimony comes with a burden that would drag even Jacob Marley straight to Hell, and that dude can carry some chain.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 10:10PM

Yep.

They hold the family hostage and have the audacity to call themselves the family church.

It's really about church first and everyone in the family had better play along or risk losing family.

Posted by: Joe the man ho & Brig the pig ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 02:09AM

Ugh! YES! Stupid tithing!!!! We could have gone on family vacations when I was a kid but HARDLY ever did my mom would say because freaking tithing was more important sucked! We could have had so much fun and grown closer as a family instead it went to a money sucking cult :( my mom even said once people who go on vacation instead of paying tithing are "evil" UGH!!!!! SO annoying!!!! Stupid cult!!!!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.