Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 04:09PM

About every 10th time I am targeted with MORmON ads claiming I can get "Real Answers to my Real Questions" I go test that claim to see if for once in my life I can get an honest answer out of a MORmON.

Here's today's installment,

Hi Kori,
Thank you for your interest in chatting with a member of the Church. What would you like to talk about? A representative will join the chat once you send a message.
Kori 12:21 PM Hi. I had a question about Joseph Smith.
Now chatting with: Megan and Skylar
Skylar 12:22 PM Hi Kori, how are you?
Kori 12:22 PM Good. Why do Mormons sing the praises of Joseph Smith and put Brigham Young's name on their Universities, knowing they both 'married' their follower's wives and teenage daughters? That's wife swapping and child rape where I come from.
Skylar 12:23 PM Where do you come from?
Kori 12:24 PM America, where that kind of thing lands you in jail, like Warren Jeffs, not having your praises sung by millions, unless they're delusional. I answered your question. Can you please answer mine?
Skylar 12:28 PM I think we need to remember that we are looking at something that happened almost 200 years ago, to start with. Things were different then. Women married at younger ages. Additionally, God's standard of marriage is one man and one woman, except when He asks otherwise--there are examples throughout the Bible such as Abraham
Kori 12:34 PM Where did God EVER say it was ok to have sex with your neighbor's wife? I can point out plenty of times where he condemned that as adultery, like in the 10 Commandments and in the Law of the Priesthood, which Joseph claimed he got straight from God. so, there's that. Is there some other loophole God gave Joseph and Brigham that was never published or even mentioned to anybody but their victims and their husbands?
Kori 12:45 PM Still there? Seriously, can I get an honest answer to one of my questions?

Megan 12:47 PM
Kori, we are not here to argue with you and we respect that you may have different opinions or beliefs.

Kori 12:47 PM
I just want an honest answer

Megan 12:47 PM
Do you believe that God can speak to us through prophets?

Kori 12:47 PM
So far all I've gotten is lies. Can you please answer my question first?

Megan 12:48 PM
nope, we are not lying to you. We are simply stating what you believe that it is your choice to listen to think it is lies.

Megan 12:48 PM
Well my question will lead to answers. I can promise you that

Kori 12:48 PM
Where did God command Joseph and Brigham to marry other men's wives?

Megan 12:48 PM Do you believe that God can speak to us through prophets?

Kori 12:49 PM
Where did God command Joseph and Brigham to marry other men's wives? Scripture and verse please?

Megan 12:49 PM
Kori, I am not asking that question to change the topic. It is 100% relevant to your question and we just want to see what your beliefs are about that.

Kori 12:50 PM yes I believe God commanded us to not covet our neighbor's wife.
Where did He command otherwise?

Megan 12:50 PM well that wasn't my question.
If you answer a yes or no to my question, youll understand why I asked you that question, in relation to your question

Kori 12:51 PM yes it was. You asked if i believed God spoke to Prophets. Yes. He spoke to Moses and gave us commandments to not commit adultery and have sex with our neighbor's wives, both of which Joseph and Brigham violated, unless you can tell me where God commanded them to violate the commandments and the law he gave Joseph, supposedly.

Skylar 12:53 PM The key thing to answering your question is whether or not you believe God would call a prophet in modern times. Joseph Smith and Brigham Young were prophets of God. God gave them commandments. And there is a prophet on the earth today, and God gives Him commandments, too. I know that God is still present in our lives just like He was with those in the Old Testament

Kori 12:55 PM Again, please answer my one question, seriously. Where did God tell Joseph and Brigham to violate his 10 Commandments AND the Law of the Priesthood, by marrying their follower's wives like Zina Jacobs, wife of Henry Jacobs, who served 8 missions for the church while both Joseph and Brigham were home making babies with Henry's wife (aka, abusing their power to cuckold him by raping his wife)

Megan 12:55 PM So with what Skylar said, we believe that God appoints an individual to be His representative and we call that a prophet. He did that in the Old Testament and in the church we believe that He continues to do that today. Joseph Smith was appointed to be a prophet of God in the modern times. God revealed to both Joseph Smith and Brigham Young to begin practicing polygamy.. That is something that we believe in the church and it is that God can speak to us through prophets and when it is directed and revealed by God, they are not violating any commandments.

Megan 12:58 PM and that is why I asked you if you believed God can speak to us through Prophets because that is what happened to Joseph

Kori 12:59 PM I'm not asking about polygamy. I know that. I am asking about polyandry, marrying another man's wife, which has always been considered adultery, according to the 10 Commandments and even the Law of the Priesthood, which Joseph said he got straight from God. Was he lying? or where was the contradictory 'revelation' saying "Go ahead and have sex with anybody you can get your hands on, even your follower's wives and teenage daughters!" ?

Skylar 1:00 PM You can read Doctrine and Covenants 132 for some more information

Skylar 1:00 PM You can also go tohttp://history.lds.org

Kori 1:01 PM D&C 132 is the Law of the Priesthood, which condemns Polyandry as adultery in 5 different ways. Where's the law that allows it? or invalidates all the other laws? Even the 10 commandments?

Megan 1:03 PM So the meaning of Polyandry is the marriage of one woman to more than one man, typically involves shared financial, residential, and sexual resources, and children are often raised communally. However, there is no evidence that there Joseph Smith's marriage with any of these women functioned that way. Also the husbands of some of the already married women were present at the wedding.

Kori 1:04 PM So where's that loophole written? Scripture and verse please?
Unless this just Moral relativism you pulled out of your ass?
Megan 1:05 PM Joseph Smith never wanted to practice polygamy and when he stopped, an angel threatened to take him out of his position and to find someone who would do the Lord's will. Joseph smith was an obedient prophet of God and he listened to what he was told to do. Kori, we have really enjoyed chatting with you today and I just wanted to again testify to you that I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet that was called of God and that he was obedient to all that he was asked to do. I know that the Book of Mormon is also written by prophets and the word of God and I hope that you'll have the opportunity to read that sacred Book one day.
We wish you the best.
God bless.
The chat session has ended.

Yep still lying sacks of shit.
Every single last one of them I've ever asked a real question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2018 05:26PM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 04:45PM

Bunch of arrogant hateful people Mormons are! They don't want anyone to know the truth and lie!

Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 04:45PM

Brainwashed stormtroopers they are

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 07:13PM

in b 4 ~ Skylar ~ "that happened almost 200 years ago OPie" ~

Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 04:39PM

Yes that "200 years ago" line grabbed my attention as well.

Time excuses all things.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 07:39PM

>>"Joseph Smith never wanted to practice polygamy..."

Well, isn't that precious. Joseph Smith never would have hit all those fine young women unless that angel with the flaming sword threatened him. Is that the story?

The whole "Joseph Smith was a prophet of God" rests on believing that Joseph was telling the truth about the first vision and the golden plates. Kori, IMO a good question might be, "Why do you accept that Joseph Smith was a prophet?" On his say-so? Because a bunch of his sycophants vouched for the golden plates without ever having seen them, expect with their "spiritual eyes"?

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 09:57PM

"Megan 1:03 PM So the meaning of Polyandry is the marriage of one woman to more than one man, typically involves shared financial, residential, and sexual resources, and children are often raised communally."

So, now an adulterer is just expanding his "sexual resources". Classic. I'm betting that wouldn't fly with my wife.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 10:24PM

Posted by: TX Rancher ( )
Date: July 06, 2018 11:39PM

WOW. Just WOW. They will defend actions by JS and BY at all costs. Yeah, there's no evidence that there were other relations (ie sex) except the LDS church's own essays say:

"Sealings for time and eternity included commitments and relationships during this life, generally including the possibility of sexual relations....Evidence indicates that Joseph Smith participated in both types of sealings."

Oops. Both types. Including the possibility of sexual relations. Think he would turn down that offer? Nope.

Date: July 07, 2018 12:42PM

TX Rancher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WOW. Just WOW. They will defend actions by JS and
> BY at all costs. Yeah, there's no evidence that
> there were other relations (ie sex) except the LDS
> church's own essays say:
>
> "Sealings for time and eternity included
> commitments and relationships during this life,
> generally including the possibility of sexual
> relations....Evidence indicates that Joseph Smith
> participated in both types of sealings."
>
> Oops. Both types. Including the possibility of
> sexual relations. Think he would turn down that
> offer? Nope.

Their excuses are all lame.
They make up lame loopholes as if God has a loophole for every commandment. The God of Mormonism is a hypocrite who condones leaders abusing their power and authority to cuckold their followers by raping their wives and teenage daughters as young as 14.
The same pathology as the Fundy MORmONS singing praises of a pedophile while he rots in jail.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: July 07, 2018 12:06AM

Well, as George Costanza told Jerry Seinfeld, "It's not a lie if you really believe it."

Besides, their answers might be less about defending JS and BY and more about defending their loyalty to the church.

Date: July 07, 2018 12:38PM

olderelder Wrote:
> Well, as George Costanza told Jerry Seinfeld,
> "It's not a lie if you really believe it."
>
>
> Besides, their answers might be less about
> defending JS and BY and more about defending their
> loyalty to the church.
"bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back."
Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

I am just grateful I am no longer forced to lie in order to maintain my member in good standing status.
Fuck status. Give me truth.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: July 07, 2018 12:11AM

I think they are kept in the blind on that info.

Date: July 07, 2018 12:35PM

Badassadam1 Wrote:
> I think they are kept in the blind on that info.

So they lie instead of Googling it.
Ignorance is no excuse 20yrs into the Google age.

Date: July 07, 2018 01:17PM

koriwhore Wrote:
> Badassadam1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think they are kept in the blind on that
> info.
>
> So they lie instead of Googling it.
> Ignorance is no excuse 20yrs into the Google age.

Most Mormons don't want to know the actual truth. They will avoid it like a plague because that is how they are trained from a young age. Some could not handle the shock I think.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: July 07, 2018 12:45PM

My sympathies to the 18 and 19 year old kids that get to deal with your nastiness.

They are deluded victims of TSCC.

They are not lying. They are speaking the truth as they've been brainwashed to believe.

Your exchange is mean spirited and not helpful.

Posted by: jett ( )
Date: July 07, 2018 12:49PM

No one forced them to go on a mission. They knew what they were getting into. A life of pain and brainwashing.

Date: July 07, 2018 01:05PM

Most of them were brainwashed from BIRTH. They don't know what they are getting in to--not really.

I'm asking for a little compassion for victims still in the cult.

I try to show myself compassion for hanging on for so long.

I did the best I could with the feelings and information I had at the time.

Date: July 07, 2018 01:21PM

Yes it is d@mn near impossible to counter the brainwashing from birth. At least half of my mind still has the brainwashing as if it were all real even with lots of counseling it is still there.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: July 07, 2018 09:13PM

Not impossible at all- except for you, the special one that had it tougher than anyone else on the planet. The people here, that have successfully recovered, offer you sage advice that you totally trash and throw away.

Posted by: aaron ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 01:49PM

so true so true

Posted by: aaron ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 01:47PM

I am with you Dorothy, no need to troll the missionaries. This type of behavior is juvenile and pointless. The only thing it accomplishes is reinforcing their persecution complex. What does he think, some missionary will admit that Joseph Smith had inappropriate sex? What would that accomplish? Of course Joseph Smith was a pig. We all know it- everyone in the world knows it. Nobody takes these missionaries seriously or buys their message for that matter. The mission only serves to entrench them in their own decision to remain a mormon. Dealing with trolls in the MTC is like bashing with Jehova Witnesses in the field. It is a right of passage with them and they take it as being persecuted for the lord.
Dorothy mentioned compassion, I second that. If you are stuck on getting missionaries to admit to or know the truth then a little kindness, patience and understanding would be a lot more effective. Just don't be a troll. That is a bad look. (and please spare the "a bad look is sleeping with other men's wives...army of doomsday cult salesmen.... blah blah we have heard it.)

Date: July 07, 2018 05:10PM

Dorothy Wrote:
> My sympathies to the 18 and 19 year old kids that
> get to deal with your nastiness.
Ive got a 19yo daughter who is in Military fighting our worst enemies, not lying to people to defend rapists for a living. Whats wuth ExMos infantalizing grown ass adult official representatives of the Cult that exploited me and 7 generations of my family? Why enable these lying sacks of shit?
>
> They are deluded victims of TSCC.
Exactly, which is why a dose of Cog Dis is just what the Dr ordered.
>
> They are not lying. They are speaking the truth as
> they've been brainwashed to believe.
Bullshit. Saying god commanded Joseph Smith and Brigham Young to rape their followers wives and teenage daughters is a lie. Nowhere is that even suggested in all of scripture. Tgen tgey use tge Law of thePriesthood to justify it, when it condemns polyandry in no uncertain terms.
>
> Your exchange is mean spirited and not helpful.
Your defense of these liars is unethical and harmful. You're as bad as those lying sacks of shit.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 07, 2018 05:17PM

"Your defense of these liars is unethical and harmful. You're as bad as those lying sacks of shit."

There he is again: Socrates.

Date: July 09, 2018 01:36AM

So you're calling me a sack of shit. Considering the source, I'm going to take that as a compliment.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: July 07, 2018 05:57PM

Dorthy, if it helps you feel better.

I'm pretty convinced that these showdowns aren't taking place over the chat function but instead in a different, more limited place.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: July 07, 2018 01:35PM

They are taught that the thinking has already been done for them. JS himself taught that Satan and his minions can appear as angels of light, but they don't let themselves reason there's a possibility that 2+2=5 or maybe even 666 ;-D. D&C 132 is JS's excuse to keep Emma in her place so that he could be "free range".

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: July 07, 2018 06:13PM

An adulterer is a liar, that is the nature of those actions. Defenders of the adultery committed by Joseph Smith have no recourse but to use lies themselves.

Date: July 07, 2018 06:30PM

"A false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood."

Note the words "deliberate intent" and "intentional." Are you comfortable disregarding the requirement of scienter altogether?

Date: July 07, 2018 06:47PM

I comfortable that the missionaries in this post deliberately avoided the 10 commandments and D&C 132 concerning other men's wives. It seems to me that they had "deliberate intent" when they claimed that Joseph Smith was a prophet, their intention was to avoid the question "Where did God EVER say it was ok to have sex with your neighbor's wife?" It was a direct and clear question, to which there is no answer, not in the 10 commandments nor in the D&C. Those missionaries might not be lying themselves if they are deluded enough to believe that because Joe was a prophet that is all that matters. But they did in fact use lies to defend adultery. What lies you might ask. The lie of omission by leaving out the important facts of what the 7th and 10th commandments and D&C 132 actually say. Doing so fosters a misconception that because Joseph Smith was allegedly a prophet, his actions were from God even though the missionaries could provide no revelation or communication with God to justify violating the commandments given in scripture.

Date: July 07, 2018 06:55PM

"Those missionaries might not be lying themselves if they are deluded enough to believe that because Joe was a prophet that is all that matters. But they did in fact use lies to defend adultery."

So yes, you agree that intent to deceive is critical to "lying." I would just say that many, many missionaries are in this situation--telling lies without the intent to lie. Even Kori, our Grand Inquisitor, has stated many times that when he was a missionary, he did not know the truth.

Most of us had read D&C 132 and the Ten Commandments, of course, but we did not know all that Smith said and did. We were acting from ignorance, which is not the same thing as intentional deception.

It is an important distinction.

Date: July 07, 2018 07:00PM

I said "Defenders of the adultery committed by Joseph Smith have no recourse but to use lies themselves." I stand by that.

Date: July 07, 2018 07:02PM

Okay, so you are saying someone is lying if they say something they do not know to be false?

Date: July 07, 2018 07:10PM

No, that is not what I am saying. It is that false part that I am talking about. Someone can believe a lie and promote it as fact. That person doing it isn't necessarily a liar, but he or she is using a lie. What I am saying is that the only way to defend what Joseph Smith did with other men's wives requires the use of lies. The defender, in this case the missionaries, might not be lying themselves but they are using a lie.

Date: July 07, 2018 07:24PM

Then we are on the same page.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 07, 2018 07:08PM

But the issue that's under discussion is if these missionaries 'know' that they are telling lies.

As TBM missionaries (or passing as such) we all earnestly told investigators that ghawd, Sr. & ghawd, Jr. appeared to JS in ye olde sacred grove. We were lying our asses off. But many missionaries didn't know it, and we're aware that many of them still believe their utterances to be true.

If you ask a TBM, "Is the church true?" and he/she says, "Yes!", do you curse at him/her for lying to you? Do you get in his/her face, spittle flying, yelling and gesticulating that they are wrong, wrong, wrong!! Maybe through in some heartfelt cursing?

I probably would enjoy the theater, but I'm much too aloof an individual to steer such a course.

Date: July 07, 2018 07:22PM

I found it entertaining to ask married female LDS members if they would willing have sex with the prophet or one of the apostles if told that God had commanded it. Would they be fine with remaining married to their own husbands, in their temple marriages, and do the nasty with one of the church's top priesthood leaders? One said she would do whatever the prophet commanded. Her level of delusion was astounding. Another simply refused to answer and quit talking to me. I think the issue under discussion reveals the avoidance missionaries go through, including the use of lies whether knowingly or not, rather than facing up to a simple and direct question "Where did God EVER say it was ok to have sex with your neighbor's wife?"

Date: July 07, 2018 07:36PM

What a great pick-up line for a GA at General Conference!!

"Hey, Sister baby, how about you and me get it on, lest we be smitted by the sword carried by the angel who commanded me to lay with you, for Zion's sake..."

Date: July 07, 2018 07:36PM

"Where did God EVER say it was ok to have sex with your neighbor's wife?"

That's the problem. I went on a mission and studied everything; I never learned that JS slept with married women or little girls. It was a different country and I was not asked about polygamy in any detail, so I never had to deny anything. But if someone had said JS slept with his neighbor's wife, I would have denied it with the passion of conviction.

While on that mission, incidentally, I had an experience that I still remember. Being the nerdy shaker of salt that I am, I went through all the language books I could find. Most of the really old ones had been disposed of, but in one district there were some very old books with extremely detailed vocabulary. I doubt anyone had consulted those volumes in decades.

I read and, in my nerdishness memorized, the words for polygamy, polyandry, and polyamory. I thought, "hmm, this is curious" but ended up thinking the gods of language mastery wanted those estimable missionaries from decades past to see how various prefixes and suffixes worked. So I memorized the words.

It was only much later, when I resumed my intensive study of Mormonism, that I learned that JS's lifestyle rendered such strange words useful. I thought, "eh? I wonder if those old missionaries knew about the polyandry. . ."

But I digress. The point is that all of us labored under misunderstanding of some scriptures and a general delusion that we could trust what we taught. We all, I am sure, unintentionally made a lot of false statements--like, I don't know, "the church is true?"

But they we weren't lying. You need knowledge and intent to "lie."

Date: July 07, 2018 07:52PM

I didn't know about other men's wives either.

When it comes to defending adultery, I still maintain that the only recourse is with the use of lies, even though those missionaries might not know they are perpetuating lies.

I agree that these missionaries were probably not personally, intentionally lying. What does make me wonder about their words in this post though, is when faced directly with the Biblical commandments about another man's wife and adultery and the direct question they were asked, they just ignored and avoid it. It seems that somewhere deep inside them, there had to be a little truth and moral buzzer go off. If that happened, their response was pretend that it didn't. If they were lying at all, they were lying to themselves.

Date: July 07, 2018 11:17PM

Again, your reading sounds right to me.

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: July 07, 2018 09:47PM

Koriwhore:

"Ive got a 19yo daughter who is in Military fighting our worst enemies, not lying to people to defend rapists for a living."

This shows that you are deluded by BS propaganda and lying. You are no different than Mormons, just a different subject.

Who has done more harm in recent history - the Mormon church, or our military?

We have spent trillions blowing up the middle east - killing countless innocents, and for what?

Our military creates enemies. Unless you think we wouldn't get pissed off being bombed every day.

Here's some reading for you. We are still dropping over 100 bombs a day. There is $21 trillion spending by the military which cannot be accounted for. Countless audits have failed.

With your insatiable hunger for truth and righteousness, I expect you will search these articles, and google similar ones. Then you will share them with your daughter and get her out of the military.

I got out when I learned the TRUTH, and it cost me millions of dollars in retirement. Fortunately, I'm sure money has nothing to do with your daughter's "service".

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/the-pentagon-cant-account-for-21-trillion/

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-era-record-number-bombs-dropped-middle-east-667505

Date: July 07, 2018 10:55PM

So do nothing about N Korea and Russia?
Thanks genius.

Date: July 08, 2018 08:10AM

Once again you fail to perceive nuance in a world that is 99% nuance.

Date: July 08, 2018 03:13PM

jacob Wrote:
> Once again you fail to perceive nuance in a world
> that is 99% nuance.
Yeah that's a real nuanced argument, national defense is as bad as lying CULT recruiters defending wife swapping and child rape with non existent divine loopholes.
Please do elaborate on defending rapists.
I fail to see the equivalence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2018 03:14PM by koriwhore.

Date: July 08, 2018 05:11PM

Without getting to political.

"National defense" has resulted in more rape, murder, and generic evil than Joseph and his merry band of indoctrinated plebs. The impact that Mormonism has had on you and I is very evident, our lives have been effected by it. You've shared some of your story but for me...

My mother lived a horrible Mormon life. Her father abused her and her sisters, her husband forced almost a dozen children on her, she suffered depression her whole life and when Jesus didn't heal her she was set aside as a broken woman. And the impact that had on my siblings and I was tremendous. I had one brother abuse my sisters, another brother abuse his children, I've felt first hand the horror of growing up in an abusive cult that both celebrates and stigmatizes sex and women. If you think for one moment that Joseph's religion and attitude didn't effect my life you are wrong.

But "national defense" has caused so much more harm to this world than 70,000 missionaries ever could. The human toll that Joseph Stalin had on the Soviet Union dwarfs Mormonism. The murder/relocation of the Amerindian was so terrible that it is a wonder that there are any Amerindians alive today. The slave trade that decimated Africa and the fledgling United States remains one of the most extraordinarily damaging events in all of history.

Mormonism is a fly on the ass of history. "National defense" is the beating heart of history.

I guess this isn't nuanced.

The point being not that your daughter is doing something terrible today. But that she is participating in something that has done terrible things. It is the same accusation you level against the imaginary missionaries in your chat threads.

Go ahead and take a step back.

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 12:16AM

If you expected anything different, you should learn better. Same as the last umpteen times you bored us with your repetitious leisure activities.

Date: July 08, 2018 09:24AM

dogblogger Wrote:
> If you expected anything different, you should
> learn better. Same as the last umpteen times you
> bored us with your repetitious leisure activities.

It's an experiment to test a hypothesis, Mormons are liars.
Every time I test thst theory it turns out to be true. You can't get real answers to the obvious question, why do you sing the praises of a man who raped his followers wives and teenage daughters?

Date: July 08, 2018 09:52AM

yawn

Posted by: TheHumanLeague ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 10:24AM

Dr Phil would say..."You maybe right but hows that working for ya"?

Date: July 08, 2018 11:55PM

TheHumanLeague Wrote:
> Dr Phil would say..."You maybe right but hows that
> working for ya"?

So far I am batting 1,000.

Posted by: Aaron ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 12:59AM

You are not batting 1000 sir.

Date: July 09, 2018 10:17AM

If you'd taken any statistics course, you'd know your selection method is flawed.

So is your premise. There is no lds claim that all revelation is written down and shared with the membership

And has been noted, your definition of a lie is screwed up too.

Posted by: formerrlds ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 06:27PM

Well ... I don't know what good it does to bait people like the OP is doing. When I was a believing member of the RLDS Church, or later on the Lutheran Church, if someone had come up to me badmouthing Joseph Smith or Martin Luther or whoever in the confrontational manner you did, I'd've gotten my back up too. I'd've been wrong, of course, but still ... ;)

Date: July 09, 2018 08:13AM

formerrlds Wrote:
> Well ... I don't know what good it does to bait
> people like the OP is doing. When I was a
> believing member of the RLDS Church, or later on
> the Lutheran Church, if someone had come up to me
> badmouthing Joseph Smith or Martin Luther or
> whoever in the confrontational manner you did,
> I'd've gotten my back up too. I'd've been wrong,
> of course, but still ... ;)
Yeah Socrates was full of shit.
Forget tge Socratic method.
Its pointless.
It's not baiting to ask real questions and expect real answers from official representatives, whose stated purpose is to give real answers to real questions. Instead they lie and make their God out to be an adulterer.

Posted by: TheHumanLeague ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 07:08AM

What does anger or proof or revenge or gotcha or
entrapment or convincing do? It really does not
accomplish the end result.

The "Smarter" way to engage is to say you know
what that I read and I have concluded that Joseph
Smith hurt a lot of people.

I am just letting you know in case you ever decide
to think about it.

If you continue to TELL an Opiod Addict that he is
going to die or he will destroy his family (He is
in a state of mind) that does not equate damage.

Best thing is to say GOOD things. Thats all you can.

Date: July 09, 2018 08:26AM

TheHumanLeague Wrote:
> What does anger or proof or revenge or gotcha or
> entrapment or convincing do? It really does not
> accomplish the end result.
>
> The "Smarter" way to engage is to say you know
> what that I read and I have concluded that Joseph
> Smith hurt a lot of people.
>
> I am just letting you know in case you ever
> decide
> to think about it.
>
> If you continue to TELL an Opiod Addict that he
> is
> going to die or he will destroy his family (He is
> in a state of mind) that does not equate damage.
>
> Best thing is to say GOOD things. Thats all you
> can.
People got me to wake up to reality by asking thought provoking questions (using the Socratic Method). Why nobody bothered mentioning the fact Joseph and Brigham raped their followers wives and teenage daughters for 40yrs in the MORmON Crutch is beyond me. I dont want to be the guy who knew about the abuse and said nothing.
If yiu want to be that guy, feel free. But that aint me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2018 08:28AM by koriwhore.

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 09:56AM

That chat session is shocking. Those missionaries were supposed to do everything they possibly could to get you honest and complete answers to your questions and to accurately explain the beloved history of our wondrous Joseph Smith. Otherwise people might start to get the idea that the Church isn't true - i.e. not honest and not transparent. Thus its so important to tell the truth and have faith in God, the creator of worlds without number, to be able to do an ok job at PR. If someone shares some anti-Mormon claim then all of us who have genuine faith know that God could do a little bit of lightning/fireworks in the sky to overcomes any and all anti-Mormon claims. The only Mormons who would hesitate to fully tell the truth are the ones who really don't have genuine faith.

I'd dig into that matter further but thanks to the sacred Correlation program I've been well-trained to only focus on Obedience to the holy middlemen in charge of our Ward/Stake and to not dig deep into questions that come up. Besides we're so super busy doing all the things we've been told to do that there wouldn't be time anyway. For example, I have numerous great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandmothers who are rotting away in Spirit Prison cells because I haven't finished my genealogy work yet. As soon as I get all their temple work done (and that of all their ancestors) then I might have some time to deep dive into these doctrinal questions. Also we're supposed to be busy with the day to day duties of multiplying/replenishing the earth and getting all our neighbors/co-workers and everyone in the community assimilated into the Church so that they too can have huge Mormon families full of missionaries getting everyone assimilated in by showing them how wonderfully happy and awesome Mormonism makes our lives (along with having that Judgment Day fire insurance so we won't be burned by our loving Heavenly Father in a lake of fire/brimstone for eternity).

The slothfulness of some LDS families only having around 7-9 kids now when they could have over a dozen is pretty mind blowing and surely the cause of plenty of self-doubt and terrible feelings of guilt where the only coping strategy approved by the Correlation program is to go see the Bishop and be told to be more obedient. When our minds are well-correlated that's the way it is. What a pity that the exmormons don't get to have this blessing to believe that this mortal life is just so full of trials/tribulations, depression, guilt, and plenty of tests as we obey unquestionably and remember that we don't have to worry about having real joy in this life other than obeying our leaders. There will be plenty of time in the hereafter to have joy in a great/glorious eternal reward in the Celestial Kingdom, assuming that the leaders have told us the truth. Of course thanks to the marvelous Correlation program it would be impossible for me to ever question whether the Brethren are honest or not :)

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 12:18PM

koriwhore()

What are you trying to gain by all your ranting and raving?

If you can get a couple teeny-bopper little girls to admit JS was a whore monger who raped all ages of women, will that make you happy?

Those kids don't have any authority of what SLC does or say, they are just puppets responding from a script.

Maybe the final answer will be that JS did all that nasty stuff as a man, but all his church teachings were inspired.

Date: July 08, 2018 01:54AM

There is no right or wrong, just opinions. As an atheist, I feel comfortable feeling this to be the case.

I chose dogblogger's opinion. It's probably a canine thing...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.