Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 01:52PM

I cut grass, turned on the irrigation and will be drinking beer later in lieu of worship. What say y'all?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 04:43PM

I was going to cut my grass but it is 103 degrees outside. Took a nap instead. Will be picking up my special needs son in a few so he can do his weekly laundry at my place, make some lunch for us (this week he wants grilled cheese sandwiches), and then work out together a little. Tonight either grill some burgers for dinner or go out to eat. Catch up on some Netflix ("The Staircase" has been a pretty good documentary so far).

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 05:30PM

Only in the high 70's here. Was 97 F on Friday.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 04:50PM

Feeling remarkably well today, I'm working on reorganizing cabinets and other storage areas, and I'm adding some shelving. Been working on this off and on since I recently retired. Right now, I'm at the pool with my grandbaby! :)

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 05:40PM

I’m working off a good buzz by lying on the couch and cracking jokes at Old Joe. It seems you can’t go too far.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 05:41PM

I took my dog for a long walk, and then went for a nice bike ride. Later (on my way to going out for lunch) I drove past my old LDS chapel and was very happy that I wasn’t inside.

Posted by: sonofthelefthand ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 05:48PM

It's great, I'm not doing a damn thing! Especially not church!!!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 05:54PM

It's lovely here in Maryland today -- a perfect summer day. I took an afternoon walk and worked on an outdoor project. Then I watched an episode of "Shetland." I'll enjoy the newest "Endeavour" episode tonight. Plus I have a glass of my customary chilled Chardonnay going. :)

Posted by: lindy ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 10:29PM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's lovely here in Maryland today -- a perfect
> summer day. I took an afternoon walk and worked on
> an outdoor project. Then I watched an episode of
> "Shetland." I'll enjoy the newest "Endeavour"
> episode tonight. Plus I have a glass of my
> customary chilled Chardonnay going. :)

Brilliant series, Endeavour. We look forward to Friday evenings when it's on here in Oz.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 08:19PM

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 08:41PM

I spent a good part of the day at the Chautauqua Institute, on the lakeshore of Chautauqua. :)

Love, love, love it there. It's a literary institute, the oldest one of its kind. Sometimes I go for the cultural events. Today just for the fresh air, lake views, and my favorite boutique on earth.

Music playing with the Chautauqua choir singing for the Catholic morning mass as I was passing by the ampitheater. I didn't stay for the eucharist, but long enough to catch the sunshine and ambience with the breeze blowing through the trees.

Got a lot of walking in. Passed the Bell Tower on the shore that's a staple there, as a Chabad Lubavitch group prepared its BBQ at Miller Park. I passed on that as well. Did stop to look around Palestine Park, a miniature version of biblical Israel, next to the lake. There are guided tours for that, but I wasn't going to wait until 5:00 for it.

It's very serene there. Most all the religions of the world are represented at Chautauqua. With the exceptions of cults. They are not, including Mormonism, Scientology, and others. But the mainstream and lesser known religions are represented there. It's an inter-faith community that tries to spread global peace through its events and activities.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 08:54PM

when I hear "Chautauqua."

/random

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 09:06PM

For those who’ve never been, that part of upstate NY as well as the finger lakes region this time of year is to die for. If you ever go, hit up Watkin’s Glen.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 09:27PM

Can I borrow you MG-TC?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 09:07PM

Looking over their website helps me understand (I think) your hybrid spirituality better, Amyjo. One of these days I have to visit the Palmyra sites (necessary research), and I'll have to look you up.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 10:51PM

Did a lot of yard work, hauling off volunteer trees that I've cut down this week. Went to lunch and shopping with boyfriend.

I could work now as it got really busy, but I think I'll pass. I've been working A LOT lately.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.