Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 09:39PM

I am not sure what to think about this.

We had 3 youth report today on the world wise youth fireside. One young lady said that Sister Wendy told the following.

She and the President were in Russia a few months ago. She was talking to a group of sisters. She asked that they stand up as their tribe of Isreal was called out. She called out all the tribes and sisters stood up for everyone except Levi. The next day she was in a meeting and met a missionary from the USA who said she was of the tribe of Levi. She said we can really see the gathering taking place.

One youth told how Elder Nelson is telling them they were chosen and reserved to come today for the gathering. Hey I was told in the 50 and 60 I was a chosen generation to help with the second coming. How can we have 2 chosen generations?

All talks today were on the gathering of the 12 tribes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 10:11PM

What gets me is that mormons talk about gathering the 12 tribes when they intend to do no such thing. I don't see any tbm Mormons going against or protesting Trumps-big-beautiful-wall. I don't see any tbms deeding their excess properties in Utah to South American's.

It's the same with "temple marriage" temple marriage is suppose to be code for polygamy yet all tbms refuse to actually discuss it the way it was intended.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 10:37PM

I found the talk on LDS.org. In this talk, which Bro. Wendy started but then turned it over to Sis. Wendy! Seriously, he seems to be the featured speaker, but then after the usual opening remarks, Bro. Wendy hands off to Sis. Wendy!! Why didn't David O. McKay ever do that??!!

Here's the tribal part:

When I stepped to the pulpit to speak, I found myself saying something I’d never anticipated. I said to the women: “I’d like to get to know you by lineage. Please stand as the tribe of Israel that represents the lineage declared in your patriarchal blessing is spoken.”

“Benjamin?” A couple of women stood.

“Dan?” A couple more.

“Reuben?” A few more stood.

“Naphtali?” More stood.

As the names of the twelve tribes of Israel were announced—from Asher to Zebulun—and as the women stood, we were all amazed with what we were witnessing, feeling, and learning.

How many of the twelve tribes of Israel do you think were represented in that small gathering of fewer than 100 women on that Saturday in Moscow?

Eleven! Eleven of the twelve tribes of Israel were represented in that one room! The only tribe missing was that of Levi. I was astonished. It was a spiritually moving moment for me.

Immediately after those meetings my husband and I went directly to Yerevan, Armenia. The first people we met as we got off the plane were the mission president and his wife. Somehow, she had heard about this experience in Moscow, and with great delight, she said, “I’ve got Levi!”

Just imagine our thrill when my husband and I met their missionaries the next day, including an elder from the tribe of Levi who just happened to be from Gilbert, Arizona.

Then later on in her talk, she says:

"I have since learned that I probably should not have asked those sisters to identify themselves by lineage because patriarchal blessings are sacred and the lineage declared in them is personal. Yet I am so grateful for the privilege I had of seeing the fruits of the gathering of Israel firsthand. The impact of that experience has never diminished in my heart or mind.

"My dear brothers and sisters, these are indeed the latter days!"

Then she turned the meeting back over to Bro. Wendy and he confirmed what she'd just said: Yep, these are the latter days! I hope you can handle this knowledge!

https://www.lds.org/languages/eng/content/broadcasts/worldwide-devotional-for-young-adults/2018/06/hope-of-israel

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 09:44PM

what is some "smart ass" person were to stand up and say they are half Irish and half german. Wendy Watson would be angered that the person responded to the question very logically and of course a very non cult like answer

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 03:30AM

I want to see Bro and Sis Wendy swap clothes.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 02:31PM

Kinky :)

Posted by: might log in later ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 10:49PM

You're all wrong. I was part of the chosen generation. Thus said a living profit –

Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson, pp. 104-05:
"For nearly six thousand years, God has held you in reserve to make your appearance in the final days before the second coming of the Lord. Some individuals will fall away; but the kingdom of God will remain intact to welcome the return of its head – even Jesus Christ. While our generation will be comparable in wickedness to the days of Noah, when the Lord cleansed the earth by flood, there is a major difference this time. It is that God has saved for the final inning some of His strongest children, who will help bear off the kingdom triumphantly. That is where you come in, for you are the generation that must be prepared to meet your God." ("In His Steps," Church Educational System Devotional, Anaheim, California, 8 February 1987.)

OK, two more.

George Q. Cannon, Conference Report, October 1900, p. 64:
"Many who are now within the sound of my voice have been promised that they shall live, if they have faith, to behold the second coming of the Lord. The Lord has also promised that certain events shall take place while men that are standing in the generation in which these promises were made will yet be alive. All these promises go to show that it is not wise for us to put off the day of preparation and to think, 'Oh! the Lord delayeth His coming. He may come while my children, or my grand-children, or some of my posterity are living, but he will not come in my day.'"

Boyd K. Packer, October 2011 GC:
"Sometimes you might be tempted to think as I did from time to time in my youth: 'The way things are going, the world's going to be over with. The end of the world is going to come before I get to where I should be.' Not so! You can look forward to doing it right – getting married, having a family, seeing your children and grandchildren, maybe even great-grandchildren."

"If every generation is chosen, then no generation is chosen."
— Elder Incredible

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 10:55PM

It doesn't seem that there were any other tribes but 2 and I can't think of the second one right now, my tribe. HA HA HA Manassah or something like that was the other one.

So now all of a sudden we have all the tribes. The patriarchs only have to give a different tribe. Maybe they've even been told to. Wendy is just enjoying her notoriety way too much.

Like someone else said, David O. McKay didn't call his wife up to speak. Did Monson or Hinckley?

It is like watching a circus.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 08, 2018 11:52PM

Circuses have competent clowns who know how to dress for the part.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 12:53AM

Nuts

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 01:14AM

"Bro. Wendy"

Awesome!

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 10:34AM

So what happens when Bro. Wendy kicks the bucket and Sis. Wendy loses her place in the sun? Will she and her sister wife (the one that's not dead yet) just go on speaking tours?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 02:55PM

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 04:02PM

Especially with his money!

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 10:37PM

you know it would be pretty soon. the man is 92 or 93. she will definitely lose some status points when it happens, but not that much. kind of like being demoted in a coporation

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 02:31PM

"...As the names of the twelve tribes of Israel were announced—from Asher to Zebulun"

Did she open her bible right there on the stand and read each tribe? -- No, I bet she pretended she just "knew" them by heart.

This was a prepared "Faith Promoting Miracle" (tm)

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 04:14PM

...and I'll bet real money that not a single one of the sisters who stood are actually descended from any Jewish ancestors who were part of any of those tribes in any way.

But, hey, let's all pretend the tribes are/were real, and that we're all Jewish -- more Jewish than the Jewish, 'cause we're special!

Urg.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 03:25AM

I’d like to see the 23&Me results. Jewish, 0%. Mormons are the only “Christians” who think they’re Jews.

I think in a previous life I was Jewish. Probably couldn’t get over having my foreskin lopped off, so this time I made sure to be born into a goy family. But wouldn’t you know, they did it again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2018 03:25AM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: You Too? ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 05:49PM

Anybody there from the tribe of Ham?

Date: July 09, 2018 08:12PM

Dummy~!!! Ham is one of the signs of the Zodiac, not a tribe of Israel!

If Ham were a tribe of Israel, those from the tribe of Judah couldn't marry a Ham!

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 09:32PM

I grew up in the Church and during my 60 plus years only heard of people belonging to two Tribes. We often discussed why we never heard of the other ones.

So Wendy goes to Russia. With about 100 women in the room and gets someone from each of the 11 tribes to stand up. That is outstanding. What are the statistical chances of that happening by chance? From my readings, the Church in Russia is not a bed of deep doctrinal thinking. Can this story be verified?

She has also made other claims that Pres Neilson is always waking up and writing down revelations in a note book by his bed. When in Edmonton she told of being prompted to up and leave the room. She did and went to another room in the house. 2 hours later she said her husband came out of the bedroom and told her that she would never believe what had just happened in the last two hours. Of course she failed to tell us. But it was very uplefting and inspirational.

She did say he was always recieving promptings as he was sleeping. Why has he not shared these with the world?

As an aside, when was the last time time you hear of the stick of Judah (bible) and stick of Joseph (BoM) being joinnned together. It's been years Why?

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 01:53PM

SEcular Priest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> As an aside, when was the last time time you hear
> of the stick of Judah (bible) and stick of Joseph
> (BoM) being joinnned together. It's been years
> Why?

Because that passage doesn't refer to the Bible nor the BOM.
It's about actually writing the words "FOR JUDAH" and "FOR
JOSEPH" on two actual sticks (not a term for scrolls) and
holding them up as a symbol of unity for two tribes that were
quarreling at that time way back then.

Date: July 10, 2018 09:56PM

> I grew up in the Church and during my 60
> plus years only heard of people belonging
> to two Tribes. We often discussed why we
> never heard of the other ones.

I think that it's because the other ten tribes got 'lost'... They're living "under" one of the earth's poles. There return is one of the signs of very last days.

And I have heard of the occasional outlier 'lost tribes' patriarch's blessing. But yeah, having them present in one room of sister missionaries in one mission? Nah... pious bullshiit.

A tribe of Levi (and it makes sense that no patriarch would give this lineage to a female) appointee has the right to be bishop of a ward without holding the Melchezidec priesthood. (Can you say "OOooooOOO!""

Posted by: Secular Priest ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 10:08PM

Thankyou for the clarification. I knew something was wrong when she said that. I forget that I was taught that a person of the tribe of levi would be a Bishop. That is what I was taught.

Having said that I really do not know what to make of this story from Wendy.

Date: July 10, 2018 10:13PM

> I really do not know what to make of this story from Wendy.

You don't think "pious bullshiit!" covers it?

Posted by: might log in later ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 10:30PM

I know what to make of it. She's pulling it out of her butt, that's what.

Still, it's interesting how Nelson is positioning himself as the Not-Monson. Monson was dull, never claimed revelation, being content to spout banal platitudes. Nelson is driving the crazy train, and it might get weird if he ever becomes senile. (Who knows what random thought might pop into his head at GC?)

What truly makes Nelson different, and "new," is that he's the first profit whose wife is (1) as conniving and mendacious as he is, and (2) not content to sit in his shadow.

Wendy will be consigned to the ash heap of mormon history when Oaks takes the throne. The only person who will listen to her then will be Sheri.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 01:57PM

I love all the "miracles happened while nobody was looking"
stories. I love how TBMs "ooh" and "aah" when they're told.

All these revelations and not one word added to the D&C.

Ooooh . . . Aaaaah

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2018 01:57PM by baura.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 04:18PM

My patriarchal blessing assigned me a tribe of Israel as blood heritage. My DNA contains absolutely no Jewish or American Indian. None.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 02:30PM

Well then, dontshano that your DNA results are just plain wrong?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2018 02:31PM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: Bryan ( )
Date: July 14, 2018 03:40PM

They edited out the other lost tribes.

"Then Sister Nelson asked 'who are from the following tribes:Ardel, Burnel, Raynel, W.L., Lanel, Odel, Marcel, Newgene, Claude, and Clovis?"

Posted by: Wendy's Chicken Tenders ( )
Date: July 15, 2018 04:51AM

I'm dying laughing! And those names!

My grandmother said that church president Joseph Fielding Smith had a second wife, who was obnoxious, and who craved the spotlight. She managed to score some solos with the Tabernacle choir, and according to my Grandmother, she was a horrible singer. I was at BYU, and ran across a recording of Jesse Evans Smith singing, and when I played it, I thought it was a joke! Surely, some comedian was pretending to be a little old lady singing in a falsetto voice, with a vibrato so large you could drive a truck through it! I mean--ridiculous!

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: July 15, 2018 11:13AM

My brother was with his own offspring and several other youth from their stake at some event at which President Wendy spoke. I'm not sure of the gist of her message, but she once again brought up some spiritual experience concerning her co-prophet that she couldn't actually share because of its sacredness but that her merely telling the listeners of its existence should affirm to all present that the church was indeed true. My brother spoke of this to my dad. My dad is personally acquainted with several apostles and two members of the first presidency.

My brother advised my dad that these teases were not having the intended effect and that some one in power should let Wendy know that she should either put up or shut up where her spiritual experiences "too sacred to share" are concerned. (My dad won't take my brother's advice.)

My brother is a stake president in Happy Valley and has always been a straight arrow where the church is concerned. It seems that he is beginning to question the brethren or at least the faux brethren.

Wendy's Chicken Tenders, I heard what was probably the same recording that you heard. It was pathetic.

Edited to add that I found this on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duFYcQ9z4B4

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2018 11:20AM by scmd1.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.