Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 11:28AM

Both ran their own cults that enabled and empowered each man to cull child brides from among the members. For Tony he would marry girls as young as eight years old, and had sex with each of his child brides - beginning after his wife's death when he was sixty, and older.

He was cruel to his followers, especially the children. They weren't allowed to leave, even if their parents dared to. One of his child brides was so brainwashed even after some of the other girl brides came forward, did it finally dawn on her that she too could escape.

The FBI finally investigated him for interstate crimes with the underage girls, and he was given 176 years in the federal penitentiary where he died in 2017 at age 82.

Picture Joseph Smith and him side by side. Not a whole lot of difference between them. Both proclaimed they were prophets of God. Their followers were brainwashed and deceived.

Both men died in their folly.

Alamo declared polygamy was lawful since it was biblical. So was marrying girls as young as in puberty he declared was biblical. Therefore as far as he was concerned it was legal. I can see Joseph Smith making similar claims when he was alive to justify his polygamous and bigamous philandering.

Alamo lived very well on the slave labor of his followers. Again, so did Smith and Young when they lived. He made millions from fleecing his followers, and then his fashion line of selling denim jackets. His church members labored for free while he profited enormously from their hard work. They would be punished severely for questioning him, or threatening to leave. He evaded federal tax laws, while the profits went to him directly, he pretended it was for his church.

So not really different at all from Joseph Smith's practices during his shorter lifetime. Both men were caught. One was handled via vigilante justice of the frontier kind. The other by due process. But both men got their just desserts in the end.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2018 12:05PM by Amyjo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 03:32PM

I had no idea who Tony Alamo was, until some person put a flyer saying he was the best thing since sliced bread on our windshield. Of course, with a minor interest in cult wierdos, I typed his name into a search engine and whoa!

Date: July 09, 2018 03:35PM

Right?! I watched a program on him this morning on Dateline. He is so much like Joseph Smith that only their respective generations spanning a couple centuries apart is what differentiates them.

Alamo was evil personified. How many people in Smith's sphere of influence saw him in the same light? Many who defected did.

Posted by: Joe the man ho & Brig the pig ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 03:24AM

I didn't know who he was either until I saw an investigation discovery episode about him a few weeks ago they have a new id cults series its super creepy! He DOES remind me of Joe the man ho! I thought the exact same thing!

Date: July 10, 2018 10:16AM

That was likely what I watched as well. It's similar to Dateline. Was watching it early morning. It was part of a cult series. The one following it was where some wacko parents murdered their son as part of a cult ritual. I had to turn it off then because it was too depressing to get into that one.

Posted by: Joe the man ho & Brig the pig ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 06:14AM

Omg! I saw that one as well! I was actually just thinking about how sad and disturbing that one was! I mean seriously?! That poor guy!!! :(

Date: July 11, 2018 09:18AM

I feel more empathy for his victims than I do for him. He died in prison. He was described as a malignant narcissist, and sociopath.

(Sound familiar?)

He messed a lot of people up. His "church" aka cult, is still running to this day.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 03:07PM

You are totally discounting the fact that Jesus Himself commanded
and demanded that Joseph Smith Jr. implement MORmON polygamy in the latter days. .....You are acting like the following sounds more like self serving MORmON BS excuses that an actual explanation ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcd0AKMArrM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.