Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 07:24PM

I am done with people attacking what I post and don't feel welcomed anymore. So I am going to leave,

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 07:25PM

Best wishes to you on your travels, Crazy horse! Enjoy your summer.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 07:44PM

Funny but true.......the very first time I posted here back in 2001 I was immediately attacked for my veracity.

I had posted the story of hinkley saying no to my mission actually.

Lucky for me someone here turned me on to the Four Agreements soon thereafter which can amazingly fortify you from all manner of slings and arrows.

Someone who actually got it from Martha Beck but I digress.

If anyone tells you I've left RfM check the obituaries.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 07:46PM

I didn't attack you, CH. Maybe you just need a time-out and a fresh perspective.

You've brought some interesting topics to the board, and diversity. What's not to like?

Best wishes to you in your endeavors. Shalom!

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 07:58PM

Due to the nature of RfM, one does require a thicker skin. People here will call one out, hold them accountable, etc.

Date: July 09, 2018 07:59PM

In all my born days I've never seen Amyjo attack anyone that didn't need attacking....... to shumlessly borrow from Orrin Porter Rockwell.

Date: July 09, 2018 08:02PM

I'm more a Norman Rockwell fan myself, Shummy.

Btw, thanks. I take what you said as a 'shumless' compliment.

;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2018 08:03PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 08:01PM

Date: July 09, 2018 08:04PM

Good one Miss P.

:o)

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 08:18PM

in b 4 ~ OK ~ see you tomorrow OPie ~

ziller loves you girl ~

Date: July 09, 2018 08:19PM

As one who could be too quick to lash out when I was first acclimating to the new world of onlineism combined with no-moism I can only feel extra compassion for the newbie kids I see showing up here every week.

Date: July 09, 2018 10:07PM

Just sick of getting i am a troll and not. Yes I troll the missionaries. At least I am not in! I would hate it and try so hard to leave the Mormon church, hope it dies out soon

Date: July 09, 2018 10:11PM

It's obvious to me you are no troll. Still, a word of advice on 'trolling' the missionaries. It's probably not really helpful and more likely counter productive to whatever gains you hope to make.

Save your energy for more productive 'battles' is my advice. I know, I know, advice is freely given and seldom taken. Just.my.two.cents.for.what.it's.worth.

:)

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 01:53AM

When you’re living near Whoville and know there’s no Santa Clause, it’s hard not to be a grinch.

Date: July 09, 2018 10:21PM

Yep and they switch topics a lot! Don't want to talk to them anymore, no use

Posted by: hippiegypsy ( )
Date: July 12, 2018 12:16PM

Crazy horse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yep and they switch topics a lot! Don't want to
> talk to them anymore, no use

I've seen the switching of the topics a lot too. My first post on here ended badly as well (about a month or so ago). It was meant to be funny and almost all of the replies were hilarious, but one of the last replies was very different from all the others in a negative way. I don't mind the topic- switching as much as the insensitive comments given out to someone who clearly wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers. Maybe try doing what I did which was to read the Bio pages instead of the daily posts. The stories on that part of the site are amazing and have helped me a lot. This group is all I have for a support system, so I'm selfishly wanting to keep us all together. Don't leave the group just yet. Stick around a while longer and see if it gets better. Sending you lots of hugs and good juju!!

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 10:30PM

If you are really being attacked, hit the report button
The mods are good with dealing with such things. Calling you a troll is against board rules and they will delete those posts. Eventually the troll.callers should get it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2018 10:53PM by bona dea.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 10:32PM

Thank you, bona dea.

:)

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 10:52PM

You are very welcome.

Posted by: oldwoman ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 10:58PM

Yep. Newbies: If you are looking for “recovery” and someone to lift you as you sort through the biggest loss of your life wanting those who once loved the church and their church family to help you let go without sinking into despair ,and you are not ready for talk of drinking, burning the place down, challenging your thoughts, correcting your research etc. ,this may not be the forum you need at this period of time. You know where you are and what you need for healing. This forum like others changes from time to time as to focus of helpfulness and fact based knowledge of church discussion to venting and debate. When you are ready to deal with that,as well, it is a great place to be. However, it can get tedious and childish. One coming here after a shelf is splintering and crashing on his head is hurting too much to develop a thick skin having had it just peeled and torn from Mormonism exposing all the nerves ,bruising the muscles and tissues. When you have to watch every word you say as someone is ready to point out the error of your thinking, you are not safe to heal . I have developed a thick skin now , somewhat ,so nothing bothers me. Don’t really give a rats arse. I look at topics and decide if they suit the mood I am in for the day and read ,but if not , I don’t . If there is something that I feel I want to say, I will ,but the main thing is, I do and say what I want and when I want. That took time and safety. Don’t care if some person corrects my grammatical errors or challenges . Don’t care if they take issue and call names. I have learned to calm the hell down. I am recovered. First time I posted, I had some people not like my screen name and wanted me to choose another. It had taken everything in me to post anything because that meant I no longer believed ,and I needed to feel there were sane people out there who also didn’t believe, but had made it out alright. Really? Who cares what screen name a person has? I was dying and looking for anyone to say I would come out the other side with my heart intact because they had done so. They would give me hope .They hadn’t lost their soul or their heart. They remained a person of honor. For any newbies, you will be okay and happy. If your skin is still thin and you feel wounded, protect it. It will take time before it is free from wounds and even longer to become thick so barbs don’t reopen wounds. You will come out the other side and whatever values you have as an individual will remain.Some will change but only if you see things differently. You will not lose yourself to ugly bitterness unless you choose that route. You are still you. You are now free to truly seek and believe what rings true. Nobody can tell you what to believe anymore unless they still feel the need to make you a robot, to make you fit their mold. From such, turn away. You will be at peace as long as you remain true to yourself. I am at peace.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 11:43PM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 01:30AM

Good post, oldwoman.

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 02:06AM

Can't recall any specific posts but nothing you've said has made me think Who Is This Fool?
The only time I've announced my departure was when BAAdam1 tore into me. Even a few years ago Surrender Dorothy seemed to have some hateful vendetta against me but it certainly didn't cause me to lose sleep. Now I haven't seen her name for a while and I worry about how she's doing.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 04:04AM

I'm sorry you are leaving. I enjoyed your posts.

You are one of the few posters who feel that we must discourage the missionaries. Knowing what we know about the Mormon cult, I feel we are under moral obligation to help others have their lives and relationships ruined by a big business that is after their money and free labor. It's a cult. It's a polygamous cult. It's a cult that wants to brainwash our children and teach them to hate. It's a cult of lies.

Please don't feed the missionaries, don't offer them respite, don't encourage them--and then send them off with renewed zeal to knock on yet another door--because that door might be the home of someone I dearly love!

We will never know how many missionary deeds were deflected by Crazy Horse.

But, CH, I am one who wants to thank you.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 04:06AM

"...to help others NOT have their lives and relationships ruined...."

It's past my bedtime.

Posted by: transrebelwithclaws ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 01:00PM

Just don't try and be a conservative here.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 01:15PM

Regardless if you feel it you are welcome here.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 12:10PM

Crazy horse
P L E A S E don't leave

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 01:08PM

YAGE

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 01:22PM

What does YAGE mean?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2018 01:23PM by Aquarius123.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 01:32PM

Yet Another Grand Exit

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 01:32PM

Thank you, I would never have figured that one out

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 01:37PM

I have enjoyed your posts and liked the questions you asked the mishies. Oldwoman offered some gems of wisdom and insight on the subject of how we ex's grow a thicker skin, but it does take time, time, and then more time.

Best of luck in your journey forward. Hope you stick around here and offer your perspectives.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 07:50PM

Posted by: readwrite-NLI ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 09:00PM

Come as you Go.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.