Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 12:25AM

Costco food court ditches Polish hot dog for healthier options, including acai bowls

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/07/09/costco-food-court-changes-polish-hot-dog-out-healthier-options/768777002/

My TBM Dad and I love those Polish hot dogs!! Too bad they got rid of them!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 12:38AM

I tried their Al Pastor salad. It was horrible. Please bring back the chili.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 12:55AM

I thought ditching Woolite was bad! But now the Polish dogggg???!!!!

Nnoooooooooo!!!!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 12:58AM

...combo slice, $1.99 and a 59 cent soda! ...maybe there is something to this ghawd thing?

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 04:36AM

Slight correction. Acai berries are not healthier, as it all depends on how much of either you eat. They are trendier, and in America that is the ultimate criterion.

Posted by: Jimbo ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 07:23AM

I was at Costco yesterday.Monday Costco Evening . Almost everyone there seemed to be a young Mormon Couple with no kids . How do I know they are Mormon ? I have Modar that's how . Well it's better than Saturday at Costco Murray Utah when the place is mobbed withMo families and there sugar filled kids running to get the next freebie sample. I usually go to COstco on Friday evening . Not busy at all.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 07:37AM

Our equivalent of Costco in our metro area recently ditched the food court, and it's not coming back. Miss having it. Must not have been making enough revenue to keep it going. :(

Posted by: Anon.... ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 08:25AM

Not to be a party pooper, but bacon, ham and sausages rank alongside cigarettes as a major cause of cancer, the World Health Organisation has said, placing cured and processed meats in the same category as asbestos, alcohol, arsenic and tobacco.

Just a few ounces a day increases ones risk of cancers, like pancreatic cancer, about 20%.

Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 05:07PM

You had me at cigarettes....

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 08:42AM

Click bait headline. They are keeping the hotdog. They are also adding more items than acai berries, but acai sounds the most self-righteously elitist, so it is the one thrown into the headline.

Not to worry, there's still enough salt, fat and sugar in their menu to stun a rhino. The Walmart demographic can breath easy. ;)

Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 05:08PM

THANK YOU!!! Not all heroes wear capes!

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 11:45AM

We go to Costco in Ogden about once a month. We found we didn't like their hot dogs much and found the polish dogs. We think it is quite a deal!?!? But I think you can still buy them in pkgs in the store. We buy them and I do eat them. I'm sure I shouldn't, but I do anyway.

They told my boyfriend's dad to quit smoking at 91 and he told the doctors, "But it is one of the only things left in life I enjoy." He never spent a day in a nursing home. He died at home at almost 92.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 07:04PM

It's time to think what I'll cook for dinner and eating out anywhere seems a better option than cooking.

I love Polish dogs but gave them up about five years ago. I gave up bacon at that time as well, but relented and ordered it a few weeks ago. I was disappointed and won't try it again for a few more years.

Posted by: Jersey Girl ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 07:50PM

I'm insulted! What a slur on my Polish heritage:-) My Grandpa ate all that "bad" stuff, drank beer and vodka and smoked cigars, and lived to be 88, mostly healthy till his last few months. He never got cancer, but died of a heart attack. My grandma made her own Kielbasi, as they had a little farm, so that was better than what they have in stores.

All thing in moderation as far as what people eat and drink.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 02:35PM

As long as they keep the hot turkey and provolone, I'm good. And when I'm in low carb mode, I ditch the bread just take of the meat and cheese and eat it with that good sauce that's on it.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 02:51PM

Posted by: Backseater ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 02:56PM

I was doing my periodic Costco run yesterday, here in the Phoenix area. The food court menu appeared unchanged, with the Polish dog prominently displayed. Further updates as they come in....

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 03:18PM

It's official.
http://abc7news.com/food/costco-customers-devastated-after-polish-dogs-removed-from-food-court-menu/3739565/

Back to the Deli, folks. You can eat what you want without Big Brother telling you it's not healthy enough anymore.

Backseater: your local Costco in Phoenix just be selling the last of their Polish Dogs before they change the menu.
Or?

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 03:41PM

OK I got your warning now give me the dog.
Mouseturd and kraut

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.