Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 04:28AM

They're in the hospital, and have been getting IV's and eating rice gruel. WHEW!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lindy ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 06:18AM

It's fantastic news, isn't it? We've been watching the rescue on TV for the past few days. Amazing that they all made it out safely.

Sadly the Australian doctor who has been with the boys since not long after they were found came out of the cave to hear that his father had passed away.

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 08:07AM

Some great news in the sea of depressing news! I am so glad.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 11:40AM

Cheech Marin is going to play me in the movie, tentatively named "Oops, My Bad!".

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 06:24PM

Hey man, you really must dig Cheech, man.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 06:50PM

I do! For a Lamanite, he's not half bad!!! Which is what I am aiming for!

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 11:54AM

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 11:57AM

So, the big question:

Once the coach is back to health, do they send him to jail?

Coach:
"Hey, my team of young soccer kids, I've got a great idea! Let's skip soccer practice, and go explore a cave! 'Cause none of us (including me) has any spelunking experience, the monsoon season is upon us, and we don't have any food or equipment of any kind! What could go wrong?"

Rest of the world:
"Are you stupid, coach?"

Glad everybody got out. Time to hold the coach accountable.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 05:12PM

I gather this was a team-building exercise which the coach had done before. Unexpectedly heavy monsoon rains flooded the cave, trapping them. E-Lton Musk (cousin to EL-ron?) is bummed out he didn't get to show off his toy submarine, which he will now launch into space.

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: July 19, 2018 02:54AM

caffiend Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I gather this was a team-building exercise which
> the coach had done before.

It was neither team building nor the coach's idea.

The oldest of the boys invited the rest of the team to a hiking trip for his 17th birthday and the parents of the youngest boys (11-13) insisted they be accompanied by an adult. Since they were a soccer team, they asked the coach.

There's no-one to blame, hie, they were all victims of the wrath of an evil God, and saved by the genius of human science.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 12:54PM

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 05:35PM

Boys were smothered in sand, left alone on cliffs near the trail never to be seen again, or forced to sleep in the open under rainy skies. Sounds like there was no planning or good sense used for taking boys into a dangerous cave. I think the coach's boss gave them permission to enter the cave and he stayed outside. The one who went in had been a monk, so he might have been naive much like mormon mishies who assume God will handle and cover up their frailties. There should have been one or two other adults and they all should have been qualified. I've taken kids on trips and do it only when there is *at least* one adult per 6 kids. Thankfully, they survived, but sadly the one man had to die trying to help them.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 05:59PM

I'm glad that all the boys are safe. It's wonderful news. The divers were very brave to help them.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: July 11, 2018 06:50PM

It sounds like one of the church's boyscout outings... someone

always gets lost, or hurt.... or needs an ambulance. Whats up

with that ?

Date: July 16, 2018 12:48AM

British diver who managed the rescue told Musk to shove his submarine "where it hurts."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5955753/British-caver-helped-save-Thai-boys-says-Elon-Musk-stick-submarine-hurt.html

Musk is getting kind of unhinged lately--even donated to a Republican PAC! Maybe the impending termination of tax subsidies for Teslas is more than he can handle.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: July 17, 2018 04:03PM

Not quite sure how a rigid tube like Musk's "sub" could have worked in a tunnel that passed over and around jagged and tightly spaced rocks. Maybe it had one of those bendy bits like they have on some buses.

Date: July 17, 2018 04:56PM

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: July 18, 2018 02:11AM

There is an extensive cave system where I live. there are two tours. One is most people can take, the other,well there is a measuring mock of a hole you have to fit through to take that tour. No I won't go

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.